This isn't the year to gamble at WR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

i love filtering the draft history by position. it's comical how fucking terrible this organization has been at picking WR's and CB's early.
    If you tried to draft busts every time based on 'BPA tiers' I don't think you could be this consistent.

since 2003, the 2 best corners taken were both 7th rounders. One was cut before getting a shot here and is thriving in Buffalo (Poyer) and the other is expected to replace Malcolm Jenkins at Safety in 2020. Good times!

2007. Eagles pick Mychal Kendricks in the second round. With the very next pick the Seahawks pick Bobby Wagner. (And Lavonte David went ten picks later.)

The Eagles drafting of linebackers since Trotter in 1998 has been atrocious.
    Last edited by RSE; 04-08-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

It would be hard to screw it up this year, from what I heard 27 receivers have been rated as top 3 round talent, and the entire draft has averaged 31 WRs across 7 rounds over the last ten years.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Would you be surprised if the "top 4" go off the board like in 2014, Howie panics, and takes the 2020 version of Marcus Smith?
        (It made me sick to even type that. I'll never forget where I was and the feeling in the pit of my stomach when the pick was announced.)

That draft proved to be absolutely fucking LOADED at WR. Jordan Matthews in the 2nd. DeVante Adams and Jarvis Landry both went later in the 2nd. Oyyyy
        This is absolutely terrifying. Devonte Adams...LOL!!

picture Carson with a guy like this...

Comment

Totally disagree, would love to see them trade back with houston, give up picks 21 and 146 for picks 40 and 57. I fell in love with jefferson until i watched florida vs lsu. I noticed florida put their best corner henderson on the other reciever. Then when they matched henderson against jefferson, hederson won most of those matchups. Dream scenario we get lb 40.queen, 53.hamler, 57.pittman but more likely 40.hamler, 53.terrell lewis 57.bryan edwards. We need receivers and this draft is deep, of course people will fall in love with names but there is too much value. If we are not getting one of the top 3, i'd rather get a linebacker and take 2 shots on a wr.

Comment

Would you be surprised if the "top 4" go off the board like in 2014, Howie panics, and takes the 2020 version of Marcus Smith?
            (It made me sick to even type that. I'll never forget where I was and the feeling in the pit of my stomach when the pick was announced.)

That draft proved to be absolutely fucking LOADED at WR. Jordan Matthews in the 2nd. DeVante Adams and Jarvis Landry both went later in the 2nd. Oyyyy
            That's the nightmare scenario if some team jumps in front of the birds and takes Jefferson with the top 3 gone. Howie will be deer in the headlights and panics!
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by dreameaglegreen View Post
              Totally disagree, would love to see them trade back with houston, give up picks 21 and 146 for picks 40 and 57. I fell in love with jefferson until i watched florida vs lsu. I noticed florida put their best corner henderson on the other reciever. Then when they matched henderson against jefferson, hederson won most of those matchups. Dream scenario we get lb 40.queen, 53.hamler, 57.pittman but more likely 40.hamler, 53.terrell lewis 57.bryan edwards. We need receivers and this draft is deep, of course people will fall in love with names but there is too much value. If we are not getting one of the top 3, i'd rather get a linebacker and take 2 shots on a wr.
              If this team walks away from this draft with only Hamler, it will be very disappointing. He's far from polished. I'm ok with them looking at him in the second round after selecting someone better in the first.

Jefferson went 10 for 123 yards and 1 TD against Florida. He had to be doing something right.

Comment

If you are getting a potentially better version of Agholor at #21 (Jefferson), and a Jeremy Maclin clone (Aiyuk) at #53, would you be happy?

Comment

I would be ok with Jefferson if he ended up better than Maclin. At the end of the day, I think trading that third-rounder for Slay may have eliminated their chances of moving up to get one of the top three. This team can't really afford to give up a second-rounder this year to move up. Their next pick would come at #103. I just don't think they value that position enough to sacrifice another high pick.

At the end of the day, Jeffery, Jackson and Agholor need to be replaced by next season. BCJJ & Ward aren't the answer. I really hate to see Howie try and fill a spot drafting a wide receiver in the later rounds. I think Howie is in a very bad position and will need a little luck this draft.

As mentioned before, I'd prefer they stay away from PAC-12 wideouts so no Aiyuk for me. .

Comment

Working...
                  X