Rumor has it Odell trade being discussed to Vikings for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

This? Hopkins for David Johnson and a 2nd. I'll just leave that right here for you!
    That has nothing to do with this, unless you are saying the Browns are idiots like the Texans

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

That has nothing to do with this, unless you are saying the Browns are idiots like the Texans
      Trades happen all the time for various reasons. Some team always gets the better end. Many good to great players especially lately have been traded for real head scratching compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        He wants a new contract and is still stating he's not 100%. I have to think there's a reason he could be looking at his third team in as many years. I'm not going to go back and check but I'm sure there's posts out there that said the same stuff about bringing in Antonio Brown. At the end of the day, I prefer this team never to have a wideout that's making a huge salary. I prefer they spend their money elsewhere.
        Gettleman has an idiot for trading him in the first place much like we all call O'Brien an idiot for trading Hopkins and Cleveland is a clusterfuck of a franchise. So ya, I don't blame Odell wanting to get the fuck outta dodge, his boy Jarvis wants out too and so does half the team.

I'm pretty sure we are searching for our #1 receiver in the draft that one day we hope to pay top dollar so why waste Wentz's prime with maybe? What Odell was doing to begin his career was friggin amazing and if he was an Eagle I doubt anyone would complain. You have to spend money and certain positions and those are QB, LT, WR & CB. Can't keep plugging in scrubs and thinking oh ya maybe.

2017 was lightning in a bottle, fucking incredible run just epic. Hard to see that happening again with just ok players at WR. Djax, Ward and a Rook or Dkax Ward and Odell, I take the later all day everyday. That's just me doesn't make me right just my opinion.

Even if they get Lamb doesn't mean he is a sure fire hit. We have all seen just supposed to be legit and become busts. A knows commodity > than unknown. And you save all this years draft capital and build your team with BPA that would be incredible. You could go LB, CB, S, DL, OL pretty much anything with all your pick available.

Comment

They don't need to overpay for a 'superstar' at wideout. Julian Edelman is not a superstar. He's a winner and he didn't ever break the bank. OBJ is a declining asset who hasn't outplayed his contract since 2016. He's also shown he's not a winner. He prefers sausage parties on boats during the playoffs. His priorities are not winning a championship. He became successful too quick and still hasn't figured it out. I don't need to repeat myself from a year ago. Just search those Antonio Brown threads (you're in some of them). I said it then and I'm going to say it again. Stay clear of these losers.

Give Wentz some wideouts he can grow with. Let him run the offense and don't bring in overpaid distractions. There are players out there ranked between 'bible thumpers' and 'superstars' that can win you championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

2017 was lightning in a bottle, fucking incredible run just epic. Hard to see that happening again with just ok players at WR. Djax, Ward and a Rook or Dkax Ward and Odell, I take the later all day everyday. That's just me doesn't make me right just my opinion.

2017 is the same formula most teams are using to win championships. Last year's champion is the only in recent memory that had a top 10 WR in Hill and he had Mahomes throwing to him.

Enough of the lightning in a bottle spiel - 1 team wins the Super Bowl every year yea it is kind of hard to do.

Comment

One could argue that a superstar tight end may be more important than a superstar wide receiver (Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Andrews).

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                One could argue that a superstar tight end may be more important than a superstar wide receiver (Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Andrews).
                Again, big if, but with a healthy DJax and Alshon and Goedert with Ertz, you could make the argument that the receivers are better than '17. 100% better off drafting the next piece and long term solution than trading and overpaying for a guy like OBJ who has never won anything and is a perennial distraction.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                X