X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be in love with giving up next year's one

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Offer Atlanta your 1 and 2021 first for Lamb to move up. Atlanta accepts that offer for sure. No brainer. I just cannot believe they allowed Lamb to fall into Dallas’ laps.
      Per the draft value chart, they would have needed to give up a pick around #78 to move up from #21 to #16. They could have given up a second rounder and it would have been more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        I wouldn't be in love with giving up next year's one
        If Roseman is still running the draft next year I’m fine with giving up a future 1.

first round Picks since 2014:

marcus Smith
        Agholar
        Wentz
        Barnett
        traded to Baltimore to take Lamar Jackson
        Dillard

One star. Rest are not worth their sections. Jury out in Dillard is best you can say about him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

3.22?? Wow, he’s the fastest human to ever live!!
          Yeah a typing wizard in the morning
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

If Roseman is still running the draft next year I’m fine with giving up a future 1.

marcus Smith
            Agholar
            Wentz
            Barnett
            Dillard

One star. Rest are not worth their sections. Jury out in Dillard is best you can say about him right now.
            Let's revisit that next year when an even more loaded class is there. It would have been insane to give up a future 1 to move up from 21 to 16. They needed to package this year's 2 most likely and even then, you don't know if atl was even open to trading back. I'm not trying to defend Roseman's track record but they need to get younger.
            Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-24-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Let's revisit that next year when an even more loaded class is there. It would have been insane to give up a future 1 to move up from 21 to 16. They needed to package this year's 2 most likely and even then, you don't know if atl was even open to trading back. I'm not trying to defend Roseman's track record but they need to get younger.
              Since it’s extremely likely there won’t even be college football this fall how can you predict a loaded draft class next year?

Comment

Since it’s extremely likely there won’t even be college football this fall how can you predict a loaded draft class next year?
                Well in the case of there being no draft next year i will say that Howie fucked up not trading next year's first. There's going to be a draft next year one way or another and it's going to be loaded again. Extremely likely no ncaafb.. I guess we'll see.
                Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-24-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Morons complaining that "simmons was the obvious pick". And that "Kenneth simmons will be in the hof'...LOL. If Howie is wrong and this Dillard smoke turns out to be fire... It should be the nail in Howie's broom closet .
                  ​​​
                  Kenneth Simmons?
                  Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post

Kenneth Simmons?
                    Exactly...

Comment

marcus Smith
                      Agholar
                      Wentz
                      Barnett
                      Dillard

Serious question - is it relevant that Howie trades the pick that became Lamar? I haven’t heard that one before. I’ll stop talking about Dillard, but considering the way he played against Buffalo and Chicago, and the Sanders pick, I think the 19 draft could be very good.

It seems like Atlanta missed their shot to pit Jerruh and Howie against each other. That makes me think they got their guy. I also don’t think anyone ahead of Atlanta was willing to move back to 21.
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 04-24-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post

What is this pick's official grade according to the Ellsworth Smack My Wife scale?
                        I'D GIVE IT A 8 OUT OF TEN CHAIRS BURNING ON A GRILL.
                        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-24-2020, 10:56 AM.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Serious question - is it relevant that Howie trades the pick that became Lamar? I haven’t heard that one before. I’ll stop talking about Dillard, but considering the way he played against Buffalo and Chicago, and the Sanders pick, I think the 19 draft could be very good.

It seems like Atlanta missed their shot to pit Jerruh and Howie against each other. That makes me think they got their guy. I also don’t think anyone ahead of Atlanta was willing to move back to 21.
                          year after Sb they (we) traded pick 32 to Baltimore who then took Lamar Jackson. we then snuck ahead of Dallas and took Goedert when draft was being held there.

If i was running a draft one of my hard rules would be -- If Ozzie Newsome is calling me asking to trade my pick I'm not doing it.
                          He has proven he knows what he's doing whereas I (Howie) have proven I am a fucking amateur swimming with sharks.

whenever i see roseman I immediately think of the line "if you can't spot the sucker at the table in the first 30 minutes, then you ARE the sucker". Roseman has a role. Running a draft and making picks is clearly not it. How many fucking times do we have to see this play out?

Comment

year after Sb they (we) traded pick 32 to Baltimore who then took Lamar Jackson. we then snuck ahead of Dallas and took Goedert when draft was being held there.

If i was running a draft one of my hard rules would be -- If Ozzie Newsome is calling me asking to trade my pick I'm not doing it.
                            He has proven he knows what he's doing whereas I (Howie) have proven I am a fucking amateur swimming with sharks.

whenever i see roseman I immediately think of the line "if you can't spot the sucker at the table in the first 30 minutes, then you ARE the sucker". Roseman has a role. Running a draft and making picks is clearly not it. How many fucking times do we have to see this play out?
                            I'm just not sure why it matters that Baltimore took Lamar. We weren't taking a QB. Howie turned that pick into Dallas Goedert, Avonte Maddox, and Miles Sanders, all of which were hits. That's a good trade.
                            Last edited by art vandelay; 04-24-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

So you mean Higgins at 53?

I don’t understand not trading with Atlanta to get up for Lamb. They could’ve gotten their guy at 21.

him falling into Dallas’ lap makes me fucking sick. Literally.

at least my coffee is almost as hot as Kay Adams this morning.
                              It's actually almost a certainty that they would't have gotten their guy at 21. People were reporting A.J. Terrell as a lock to the Raiders at 19. After Atlanta took him, they took another corner.

Comment

My only point is the LB Kenneth Murray was the best player available and would have been a sure fire beast for years to come. Not putting a Gold Jacket on the kid but he is a player no one woud have any questions about. Reagor may be good but too many WR we could have gotten in the 2nd round to not take a stud LB to anchor our defense for years especially wen Dallas grabs CeeDee. Dude can cover sideline to sideline and is a special player.

Would have been no guessing on the Murray pick at all, none!

Comment

Working...
                                X