Let's speculate there is no season this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's speculate there is no season this year

How do they determine the draft order for next year? Same as this year? That would give some teams an unfair advantage, IMO.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

If there's no season, there's no college season either. Are there going to be enough players coming out to even have a 7 round draft?

If there was anything, maybe you do some sort of lottery. No matter what they do, somebody's getting screwed and it's going to suck.

Comment

There will be football.

if there is no college football then there are no students on campus. I can’t believe the higher education industry can handle another semester or year of students at home. Who will pay $50000 in tuition for a shitty private college liberal arts education online?
      Last edited by RSE; 04-26-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

It is very likely that there will not be students on many campuses next year. I know CU Boulder has already strongly suggested that will be the case here. Plus Universities are way better equipped to handle offering online education than say public k-12 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
          It is very likely that there will not be students on many campuses next year. I know CU Boulder has already strongly suggested that will be the case here. Plus Universities are way better equipped to handle offering online education than say public k-12 schools.
          But there will be in others. And if you are not opening you better have a good reason why not. A really good reason why you do not and yet you charge full tuition.

Comment

I am saying that when financial reality hits these institutions in the face, they will get students back on campus in August. Or at least give students the option to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

But there will be in others. And if you are not opening you better have a good reason why not. A really good reason why you do not and yet you charge full tuition.
              The lawsuits are already starting here
              --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

The lawsuits are already starting here
                Do you mean the tuition lawsuits or the lawsuits to enjoin schools from opening in August/September?

Comment

And, conversely, some Liberty students are suing Falwell the Younger.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    And, conversely, some Liberty students are suing Falwell the Younger.
                    What do you mean, conversely? I don’t care if you are Liberty or Berkeley, if you took students money for tuition or especially room and board and you don’t offer refunds, you should be sued.

Comment

I had assumed that IE was speaking of suits to open campuses. Wouldn’t be the first time I was wrong if he meant something else.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

There will be football.
                        I hope you're right.

Comment

Do you mean the tuition lawsuits or the lawsuits to enjoin schools from opening in August/September?
                          Tuition lawsuits. A number of schools in the NYC area charge considerably less for online classes vs. classroom classes in the same program.

As an aside, there are certain types of classes which will never work online. Think lab classes, etc.
                          --------

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I hope you're right.
                            For the NFL, I’m thinking:

All preseason training in Florida, Texas or Southern California

No fans at preseason games, or
                            Start camp two weeks later, two preseason games, no fans

Open the stadiums for the regular season.
                            Last edited by RSE; 04-26-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

There will be football.

if there is no college football then there are no students on campus. I can’t believe the higher education industry can handle another semester or year of students at home. Who will pay $50000 in tuition for a shitty private college liberal arts education online?
                              I work at a major SEC university, and I can tell you that behind the scenes we are preparing for the probability that fall semester classes will remain online. It is likely that social distancing will remain a necessity. Traditional lecture halls, dining halls and residence halls simply won't be possible. I don't see much chance of fall/winter football in 2020. There is talk of a delayed spring football season that might run February to May, which also would necessitate delaying the NFL draft. Believe me, we all want this shit storm to be over, but "normal" is a bit further away than you may think.

Comment

Working...
                              X