Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JFC people...the loss was not Carson's fault!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFC people...the loss was not Carson's fault!!!

You are losing your damned minds.

That loss was 100% on the decimated defensive and offensive lines. With healthy lines the Birds would have won by 30+.

Mosher and Kaplan have a lot of "Intel" about Wentz on their Inside the Birds podcast today. They say his accuracy problems are due to a serious regression in his throwing mechanics since 2017. They suggest he is not being coached "hard" enough. Fingerpointing at Press Taylor and ultimately Doug. They also discuss his Hero Syndrome where he still doesn’t understand when to give up on a play.

Absolutely no way to claim Wentz was 100% blameless in that loss.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
      With healthy lines the Birds would have won by 30+.
      With decent QB play the birds also would have won by double digits.

Things can have more than one cause, you know.

Comment

https://igglephans.com/iggboard/foru...on#post1434337

Comment

Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post
          This. It's shared culpability. Anybody who tries to say it's just one thing hasn't been paying attention.

Comment

I'd also like to add how little that loss had to do with the "decimated" DL. Washington ran 36 times for 80 yards (this includes 7 Haskins runs/kneels). Haskins threw for 178 yards and was sacked 3 times on 39 dropbacks. The Eagles defense ranks first in yards allowed in the NFL. As usual you take a valid argument (OL play) and completely ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              I'd also like to add how little that loss had to do with the "decimated" DL.
              Preach. The Skins averaged 3.5 yards per offensive play. They scored 27 points because every one of their scoring possessions started in Eagles territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                Mosher and Kaplan have a lot of "Intel" about Wentz on their Inside the Birds podcast today. They say his accuracy problems are due to a serious regression in his throwing mechanics since 2017. They suggest he is not being coached "hard" enough. Fingerpointing at Press Taylor and ultimately Doug. They also discuss his Hero Syndrome where he still doesn’t understand when to give up on a play.

Absolutely no way to claim Wentz was 100% blameless in that loss.
                You're right ... Wentz gets some of the blame ... but the "hero syndrome" is bullshit IMO.

I don't think his motivation is personal glory in those spots ... but I do think he needs to shitcan his apparent view that he can still make those Houdini escapes that had us splooging his first year when the move is now to throw it away.

Not only to avoid taking bad sacks but to also avoid injury.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Herd mentality
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Anyone watching that game knows there was a whole lot of blame to go around. Doug's playcalling and decision-making skills,Carson's accuracy, or lack thereof, at the end of the 1st half and throughout the 2nd,and of course the depleted OL. I'm still shaking my head over Doug's stupid decision to go for it on 4th and 4 at that area of the field on top of having difficulty moving the ball throughout the 2nd half. It was just stupid and then Carson made it worse by holding onto the ball and taking a big sack. It was just a shit-show with plenty of blame to go around. They earned that L.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

You're right ... Wentz gets some of the blame ... but the "hero syndrome" is bullshit IMO.

I don't think his motivation is personal glory in those spots ... but I do think he needs to shitcan his apparent view that he can still make those Houdini escapes that had us splooging his first year when the move is now to throw it away.

Not only to avoid taking bad sacks but to also avoid injury.
                      Now that’s a red herring slag. You know when people use the term hero syndrome as to Wentz they are not saying he wants personal glory (he may a chip on his shoulder about the statue and all, but that’s not being a glory hog). Hero syndrome means, exactly, his apparent view that he can still make those Houdini escapes that had us splooging his first year when the move is now to throw it away.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

You're right. It's a sloppy description. I dunno who came with it but it's out there. Like you said, he needs to understand when to give up on a play and throw the ball away.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Now that’s a red herring slag. You know when people use the term hero syndrome as to Wentz they are not saying he wants personal glory (he may a chip on his shoulder about the statue and all, but that’s not being a glory hog). Hero syndrome means, exactly, his apparent view that he can still make those Houdini escapes that had us splooging his first year when the move is now to throw it away.
                          Your post made me want to see the context of the statement on that podcast so I went and listened to it.

One of the talking heads said that some NFL guy from outside the Division (did not indicate if it was a coach, player or GM) asked him (the pod cast guy) why Carson Wentz is always playing "hero ball" ... which I always thought referred to a selfish glory hound.

This led to a discussion of why he doesn't check down or throw balls away, without getting into whether he was selfish or simply stubborn, so listening to it did not make it any clearer as to what they meant.

Regardless ... that's what I thought was being inferred ... if I was outside the according to Hoyle definition ... my bad.
                          Last edited by slag; 09-16-2020, 04:42 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

This.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...689956865?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post

With decent QB play the birds also would have won by double digits.

Not saying none was Carson's fault, but the sacks and pressure even Joe Montana does not win that game in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                              X