The next couple of years are going to be awful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next couple of years are going to be awful

Doug will get another season to try to save Wentz and a new defensive coordinator. They are going to have to eat a ton of dead money because the cap is going to shrink. Could be four years before meaningful football on Sundays. And I wouldn’t put it past Jeffrey to hire the first female head coach.

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
    And I wouldn’t put it past Jeffrey to hire the first female head coach.
    ???

Comment

Doug will get another season to try to save Wentz and a new defensive coordinator. They are going to have to eat a ton of dead money because the cap is going to shrink. Could be four years before meaningful football on Sundays. And I wouldn’t put it past Jeffrey to hire the first female head coach.
      A fish rots from the head down. I would fire Roseman first. Hire a legit GM. Get a legit OC and QB coach. Give Doug a season notice. Then if he fucks the next season, can him. It will be 2022 by then and we can ditch wentz with a smaller hit.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

???
        I was being a bit sarcastic. He is very progressive. I think the Mets hiring a female GM will accelerate the call for the other sports to do it. The NFL and NBA have already had a number of women coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post

A fish rots from the head down. I would fire Roseman first. Hire a legit GM. Get a legit OC and QB coach. Give Doug a season notice. Then if he fucks the next season, can him. It will be 2022 by then and we can ditch wentz with a smaller hit.

I think Howie is like a son to Lurie and Doug is his favorite employee. You don’t fire your son.

Comment

I was being a bit sarcastic. He is very progressive. I think the Mets hiring a female GM will accelerate the call for the other sports to do it. The NFL and NBA have already had a number of women coaches.
            I think it’s too early to go doomsday. I think this team will make the playoffs. That’s not saying much, but they’re a long way from being a cellar dweller.

Comment

I think Howie is like a son to Lurie and Doug is his favorite employee. You don’t fire your son.
              Google Jerry Richardson.
              ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I think it’s too early to go doomsday. I think this team will make the playoffs. That’s not saying much, but they’re a long way from being a cellar dweller.
                Don't sell them short, they are one game in the win column ahead of being the worst team in the worst division potentially in the history of the league. This team stinks, headed for cap oblivion and they are run by a guy who has basically missed on every free agent and draft pick since 2017. I'll give you sanders, good player when available. He has some rep was being a cap guy. They are a disaster and will have to finagle just to get the current sack of shit roster under.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Don't sell them short, they are one game in the win column ahead of being the worst team in the worst division potentially in the history of the league. This team stinks, headed for cap oblivion and they are run by a guy who has basically missed on every free agent and draft pick since 2017. I'll give you sanders, good player when available. He has some rep was being a cap guy. They are a disaster and will have to finagle just to get the current sack of shit roster under.
                  AND THAT ONE GAME MAKES THEM THE DIVISION LEADER, iN THE WORST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL.

I THINK WE, YEA I SAID WE, GO 4-3 REST OF YEAR, WIN DIVISION. YEA I KNOW ABOUT JINX THE CAT, BUT AT THIS POINT DOES IT MATTER?
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Why ? look at the Dolphins, did anyone have them winning more than 2-3 games, NOPE. a team can be turned around without spending $$$$$$$$, there are ways you just need the right people running it.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

AND THAT ONE GAME MAKES THEM THE DIVISION LEADER, iN THE WORST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL.

I THINK WE, YEA I SAID WE, GO 4-3 REST OF YEAR, WIN DIVISION. YEA I KNOW ABOUT JINX THE CAT, BUT AT THIS POINT DOES IT MATTER?
                      Actually 3-4 the rest of the way wins the division.

Comment

They aren't going 4-3 or even 3-4. This team is bad. They ran into Ben Dinucci, Nick Mullens, and the guy that just lit them up. They've been bad for awhile now.

Comment

I cant see another win on the schedule, this team is in implosion time! If you need to rebuild its better to do it before you hit rock bottom that way the rise up isn't so far.
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

This is still the NFL. Teams will take this dumpster fire lightly and they will still win pointless games. I expect them to win at least one more game and Washington at the end once Alex Smith gets hurt again (not that I'm rooting for an injury). If they win two more games, I really don't see any of these other teams winning six which is what they need to do with that tie sitting out there. Howie with the 19th pick in a draft means they might as well just flush it down the toilet. Unfortunately, I don't expect any significant changes this offseason and we are stuck with this garbage for years to come. As long as Howie is here, this team is screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

I’m aware that this team is awful and that Howie is the biggest problem. All I’m saying is that they’re a long way from being a Detroit or Washington type of disaster.

Comment

Working...
                              X