Wentz Out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz Out.

Here are all the quarterbacks in the NFL who have started a game this season and have both a lower completion percentage and a lower average yards per pass than Wentz:

Ben Narducci

Yes Wentz is both statistically and by the eye test the worst starting QB in the NFL this season.

You breaking cockfather’s heart
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      You breaking cockfather’s heart
      I have had it. He stunk yesterday and we are supposedly be grateful that he didn’t throw a pick or (lose a) fumble.

If the Eagles don’t win next Sunday might as well bench him and play Hurts. The Eagles never as in never beat the Saints or the Seahawks and they rarely beat the Packers or the Cardinals.

If Daniel Jones can run the keeper against the Eagles like that, can you imagine what Kyler Murray will do?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        Here are all the quarterbacks in the NFL who have started a game this season and have both a lower completion percentage and a lower average yards per pass than Wentz:

Ben Narducci

Yes Wentz is both statistically and by the eye test the worst starting QB in the NFL this season.
        there are loons who are in complete denial and will continue to push the goal posts in whatever direction they can. He's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

I have had it. He stunk yesterday and we are supposedly be grateful that he didn’t throw a pick or (lose a) fumble.
          But, but, but .... Gomer!

Actually I'm down on Doug too right now but he's far exceeded what I ever expected from him. He still can be a solid head coach. I'd like to see them find another Reich type for OC.

The regression from Wentz is troubling. No reason he shouldn't be able to make big plays without so many turnovers. They need a stronger QB coach than Press Taylor.
          Last edited by Maniac; 11-16-2020, 08:37 PM.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Gomer shot his wad after 2017. Hire Duce as the next HC.

Comment

Chip Kelly drafted Johnson and Ertz (and I'll include Agholor since he had a decent year for the Super Bowl season) for Wentz. Howie gave him Sanders (even though the coach doesn't know how to use him) and what else? Justin Jefferson is rapidly approaching 1000 yards. Reagor looks like a timid rookie with the upside of maybe a WR2 (There's plenty of rookies clearly better than him). JJAW is done. Goedert has been a disappointment without Ertz around. The practice squad guys aren't the answer. There's no offensive coordinator. The coach obviously can't run an offense. The offensive line this year has been the worst it's been for a long time. Is there anything more that can happen to make it any harder for a quarterback to operate? This is the first year since 2016 Wentz is having a turnover problem. Did he just suddenly just regress for no reason? I know why. Howie is a cunt. Big Balls can't run an offense. Good teams know it's important to run the ball. This team's backup is Boston Scott.

Comment

It’s true that Howie is the biggest problem.

There have also been times when the drop-off in talent around Wentz doesn’t explain his performance. In 2017, Wentz played well when Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, and Zach Ertz missed time. His RBs to start the season were Blount, Clement, and Smallwood. His #1 receiver was playing with a torn labrum. A lot of what made that team was just Wentz playing great.

I’m willing to throw out games when the OL is in shambles and Wentz is throwing to JJAW and Jordan Matthews types. But there are games like this past Sunday that can’t be explained by that. That was the healthiest Eagles team that has played the Giants since 2018, and Wentz was awful.

Comment

Right now this is where I am with Wentz.

https://movie-sounds.org/gangster-mo...ut-of-my-sight

Comment

They were healthier but let's be real here. Jeffery had 17 snaps and was thrown to once. He'd rather be anywhere but on this team. Goedert returned out of shape and had zero separation per reports. Sanders apparently isn't allowed to touch the ball twice in a row. As mentioned before, does this team ever throw a screen pass anymore? Johnson played well.

Reagor is timid and already making excuses why he was too scared to catch a punt. Fulgham drew Bradberry and disappeared. I get he had a nice stretch but I still see him as a #2.

Ertz was always Wentz's safety blanket. He's going to be gone and we may be in for a rude awakening with Goedert. Djax should have never came back.

We're now looking at the second year in a row where Wentz got minimal help from Howie. I guarantee this offense would look a lot different with Jefferson in there. Instead, we are hoping a practice squad receiver pans out.

Wentz is far from perfect. I'd just like to see him play with a real #1 wideout and an offensive coordinator. When I look at the elite quarterbacks, I don't see any of them with this supporting cast. It's difficult to expect Wentz to excel in this abomination Howie built. When Foles left, I knew he wouldn't excel. I can't say the same about Wentz.
                    Last edited by Snakebitten; 11-17-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      Jeffery had 17 snaps and was thrown to once. He'd rather be anywhere but on this team.
                      You mean overthrown to. I think if that first pass is complete the entire game plays out differently. Although the defense still probably fucks it up.

Tra Thomas, Jamaal Jackson and Todd Herremans on their Tales from Blindside podcast suggest Doug is too much of a players coach and runs slack practices. Plus a lot of other stuff and plenty of F-bombs. Production quality is shaky but the content is great.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1468542488

Comment

QBs are allowed to overthrow passes. They all do.

I'm not sure if he's a players coach or not but I do agree with him when he said he's not an 'X's and O's' coach. I also know he can't think on his feet.

All I remember is when the season started, many experts complained that Aaron Rodgers got screwed when the Packers drafted a QB instead of another receiver. Let's not forget he's already got fucking Adams and Jones!!! They complained that Rodgers needed another wideout. Howie passed on arguably the best college wideout in the draft who fell in his lap and took a #2-at-best WR. Then he took a shitty QB in the second. I didn't hear any of these experts complaining about this. I still haven't heard anything.

Now, they want to see Hurts play?? This is Kolb all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          QBs are allowed to overthrow passes. They all do...

Now, they want to see Hurts play?? This is Kolb all over again.
                          Playing Hurts isn't about Hurts. It would hopefully be a wake-up call to Wentz.

And my understanding is that receivers aren't allowed to mishandle passes so I'm comfortable calling out QBs.

Comment

He's not going to wake up and find himself in a better situation. He's surrounded with crap. I get that he's going to underperform the rest of the season and we're going to get endless posts of how bad he is against teams who surround their QBs with talent. I get it. Just make sure you watch the opponent's QB and compare what their GMs surrounded their QBs with versus the slop Wentz now has. Unfortunately, as long as Howie is here, we will never see Wentz reach his potential.

Comment

I think there is enough talent for Wentz to be better than the worst QB in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X