An Unpleasant Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Unpleasant Experience

Usually I have some interest in all the podcasts and articles even after a loss but this team has beaten me down. My feeling at this point is that personnel control has to be taken away from Howie and the offense should be taken away from Doug. Doug seems lacking in offensive ideas but the team hasn't quit on him either. He could be a figurehead type HC like Harbaugh and Tomlin. If they don't like it, fire them after the season ends.

Like it or not, Carson's contract locks him in for a couple more years. But they might as well get Hurts on the field to run a drive or two. I can only see upside to that.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

No more Howie, while keeping Doug as a figurehead and hiring an OC is exactly what I want to see. I'm iffy on firing both Doug *and* Howie but it would be preferable to keeping Howie and firing Doug. IMO that is by far the worst possible outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Usually I have some interest in all the podcasts and articles even after a loss but this team has beaten me down. My feeling at this point is that personnel control has to be taken away from Howie and the offense should be taken away from Doug. Doug seems lacking in offensive ideas but the team hasn't quit on him either. He could be a figurehead type HC like Harbaugh and Tomlin. If they don't like it, fire them after the season ends.

Like it or not, Carson's contract locks him in for a couple more years. But they might as well get Hurts on the field to run a drive or two. I can only see upside to that.
      I don’t even think Jeffrey and Peters are jakers so much as broken down and just no longer capable. The fact that the team are not quitters and still play for Doug is just a further indictment of Roseman’s recruitment and drafting decisions.

Comment

I hate the way Wentz has been playing. Hate it. But maybe, Maybe he can be serviceable for a year with some different coaching IF he is held to account.

i think for the most part the team is giving effort for Doug. Howie MUST go in talent evaluation.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          I hate the way Wentz has been playing. Hate it.
          It's like a 50 million dollar cap hit even if they trade him.

Comment

Even with this underwhelming squad, if this was any of

Nick Foles
            Sam Bradford
            Matt Barkley
            Michael Vick
            Jeff Garcia
            Donovan McNabb

the long knives would be out on this board. How does Wentz get a pass?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Nick Foles
              Sam Bradford
              Matt Barkley
              Michael Vick
              Jeff Garcia
              Donovan McNabb

I think there are two sides to this. One is that he's not getting a pass.

The other side is just my opinion, but it seems like in the era of social media, being a homer is defending your team's QB to no end. I recently saw someone say that twitter exists so that people can bitch about [insert talking head here] disrespecting their team's QB. When it comes to the Eagles, this really manifested itself in the Wentz vs Dak debate, with every bad thing Wentz did being because of his supporting cast (or coaches), and every good thing Dak did being because of his supporting cast.

Outside of the Eagles, living in Charlotte during the Cam Newton area was really interesting. Cam Newton stans were basically Cam Newton fans first, Panther fans second.

Comment

Nick Foles
                Sam Bradford
                Matt Barkley
                Michael Vick
                Jeff Garcia
                Donovan McNabb

Yeah ... well, that depends on what kind of fan you are doesn't it?

I know for a fact that I would not have taken a massive shit on McNabb, similar to in the way Wentz is being treated by you and many others here, if McNabb had as bad a year under the same circumstances in year 5 of his career.

I KNOW IT FOR A FACT.

As has been pointed out by Snakebitten already ... Wentz's prior three years are:

13 games ... 33 TDs ... 7 INTS ... 101.9 rating
                11 games ... 21 TDs ... 7 INTS ... 102 rating
                11 games ... 27 TDs ... 7 INTS .... 93 rating

I'm too lazy to look at what McNabb did the three years prior to his 5th, but I bet they were pretty fucking good.

Thus, I'm sure that I'd have the same patience that I'm giving Wentz if McNabb had the same shitbag situation Wentz is playing under this year.

I mean, seriously, WTF?
                Last edited by slag; 12-01-2020, 08:45 PM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wentz has not had one good game passing this season, out of eleven games. His best single game passer rating was 91, and he’s had three - 3! - games with a passer rating of 75.

And for old coots like me who remember when 91 was a good passer rating, a 91 rating in the NFL in 2020 would rank you 24th if that was your season rating. That list of bums I posted earlier today? Add Joe Burrow and that’s all the QBs in the NFL who have passer ratings lower than 91.

DeShaun Watson ranks second in passer rating and the Texans suck.

Comment

Massive shits were taken on McNabb from the day he was drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Yeah ... well, that depends on what kind of fan you are doesn't it?

I know for a fact that I would not have taken a massive shit on McNabb, similar to in the way Wentz is being treated by you and many others here, if McNabb had as bad a year under the same circumstances in year 5 of his career.

I KNOW IT FOR A FACT.

As has been pointed out by Snakebitten already ... Wentz's prior three years are:

13 games ... 33 TDs ... 7 INTS ... 101.9 rating
                      11 games ... 21 TDs ... 7 INTS ... 102 rating
                      11 games ... 27 TDs ... 7 INTS .... 93 rating

I'm too lazy to look at what McNabb did the three years prior to his 5th, but I bet they were pretty fucking good.

Thus, I'm sure that I'd have the same patience that I'm giving Wentz if McNabb had the same shitbag situation Wentz is playing under this year.

I mean, seriously, WTF?
                      McNabb’s fifth season was 2003. He was shit the entire first half of the season, his fifth season, and frankly was pretty much shit the whole season. The season, McNabb’s fifth season, was threatening to get away from the Eagles until Westbrook returned a punt in the Meadowlands. I remember McNabb, that fifth season caught all sorts of hell here and in the media. He’s was depressed and hopeless until Westbrook returned that kick. Read these fifth year game logs and tell us McNabb wasn’t shit in 2003.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2003/

Comment

McNabb was your boy, slag. If I was an Orangeman I’d defend him to the end as well. What is with Wentz? Is he the hill you want to die on? 31 other cities and everyone in Philly but a half dozen posters on this board think he’s shit.

Comment

McNabb was your boy, slag. If I was an Orangeman I’d defend him to the end as well. What is with Wentz? Is he the hill you want to die on? 31 other cities and everyone in Philly but a half dozen posters on this board think he’s shit.
                          The hill I want to die on?

Ooh ... I'm so worried about that.

McNabb could have played for Clemson and I would have had the same patience ... and that would have been based on his performance.

And I couldn't care less about what the rest of Philly thinks ... or more precisely, what you think the rest of Philly thinks ... as I have listened to some WIP over the past few days and and there are surprisingly more callers than you think there are who find Wentz not to be unredeemable and certainly not the biggest problem

EDITED TO ADD:

Did Wentz shoot your dog or something? I really don't get this ... why does a guy who no one really had a big problem with aside from his injury problems NOT get a pass for one shit year under these circumstances?

Are you all that good at talent evaluation?

I'm not.
                          Last edited by slag; 12-01-2020, 09:24 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

The hill I want to die on?

Ooh ... I'm so worried about that.

McNabb could have played for Clemson and I would have had the same patience ... and that would have been based on his performance.

And I couldn't care less about what the rest of Philly thinks ... or more precisely, what you think the rest of Philly thinks ... as I have listened to some WIP over the past few days and and there are surprisingly more callers than you think there are who find Wentz not to be unredeemable and certainly not the biggest problem
                            I happen to think he is redeemable. Howie is the biggest problem. If I ruled the world he’d be the first to go. And 2-3 weeks ago I called for Doug’s head, though I do think Wentz contributes to his coaching issues as much as he contributes to Wentz’s quarterbacking issues.

if Wentz doesn’t improve this season then next summer he should made to earn his job. Hurts gets a shot. Is that fair?

Comment

Nick Foles
                              Sam Bradford
                              Matt Barkley
                              Michael Vick
                              Jeff Garcia
                              Donovan McNabb

THE QB ALWAYS GETS THE BLAME AND THE GLORY.

I THINK HE WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE S.B. MVP SHADOW UNTIL HE AT LEAST GETS TO THE S.B.

NOT SURE IF IT'S A PASS OR SOME OF US JUST WANT/HOPE/THINK THAT WENTZ 2017 IS IN THERE SOMEWHERE, BUT DANNIT GET HIM SOME TALENT AROUND HIM INSTEAD OF THE SHIT THEY HAVE. THIS OFFENSE IS HORRIBLE ALL AROUND.....THANKS HOWIE.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X