Great Wentz Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

They're aren't pulling a healthy Wentz with four games left because of injury risk. If that was a thing, they'd be sitting every player of future value on the team. Have a seat Miles Sanders and Jalen Reagor.

Justin Herbert is still playing.
    This isn't every player. This is the franchise QB with a significant salary cap hit to boot. It's more than injury risk, too. The guy's head is clearly spinning, and giving him some time to get right could arguably be worthwhile. They're already shown a tendency to rely on plug-and-play with other positions, so Sanders and Reagor don't fit the argument. This is around the usual time Wentz sports an injury, so maybe they feel better using the time to test the other QB in actual game situations.

Comment

It's going to be tough to actually know if they bench Sanders and Reagor anyway. If it wasn't for the punt return, I wouldn't have noticed either on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        I love how they make it like Rodgers got pissed about the Packers drafting Love and decided to 'set the NFC on fire' and Wentz just got the 'yips' because they drafted Hurts. How about the Eagles drafting Jordan Matthews instead of Davante Adams or Donnel Pumphrey instead of Aaron Jones or Jamaal Williams. How about writing an article about how the CGM built a team that literally made a top QB get relegated to the bench. I see they referred to Eliot Shorr-Parks in this article which explains everything.
        True dat. Wentz played well when he had a decent oline and TE even with soso receivers. But, combine bad oline and bad WR plus Ertz not his old self and top it off with poor use of run game and he regressed. I believe just about every QB would.

Give Wentz the tools and he will be good again. But now, let Hurts play. Let Wentz sit on sidelines and reflect on how to play better when he hasn’t got the tools. And just importantly, humble himself and be open to coaching.
        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

They're aren't pulling a healthy Wentz with four games left because of injury risk. If that was a thing, they'd be sitting every player of future value on the team. Have a seat Miles Sanders and Jalen Reagor.

Justin Herbert is still playing.
          Did I say they were?

And that's not really one of the main features of what Susquehanna suggests ... shit, they weren't even straight enough to say injury concerns were a motivation when they drafted Hurts ... they said they were starting a "quarterback factory."
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I want Wentz to sit because I hope it leads to the firing of the CGM and also adds an offensive coordinator to this team. Pederson's dumb ass can stick around another year. He doesn't need to reflect on how to play better when he doesn't have the tools or open up to coaching that's nonexistent. He needs to start getting angry and throw this organization under the bus. That's where we are at. Our CGM decided to bypass most likely the best wide receiver in the draft for a punt returner and drafted a quarterback in the second round. This is what he does a year after drafting JJAW. I want Wentz to start voicing his displeasure. Now, I know that most likely won't ever happen but I do feel if anyone can flip Wentz into voicing his displeasure over this organization, it will be the incompetent CGM.

Comment

I want Wentz to sit because I hope it leads to the firing of the CGM and also adds an offensive coordinator to this team. Pederson's dumb ass can stick around another year. He doesn't need to reflect on how to play better when he doesn't have the tools or open up to coaching that's nonexistent. He needs to start getting angry and throw this organization under the bus. That's where we are at. Our CGM decided to bypass most likely the best wide receiver in the draft for a punt returner and drafted a quarterback in the second round. This is what he does a year after drafting JJAW. I want Wentz to start voicing his displeasure. Now, I know that most likely won't ever happen but I do feel if anyone can flip Wentz into voicing his displeasure over this organization, it will be the incompetent CGM.
              If there is one thing I'd like to see in Wentz perhaps more that anything ... it's dumping the "aw shucks" cornpone for more of the personna presented by Rogers in that clip you posted.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I want Wentz to sit because I hope it leads to the firing of the CGM and also adds an offensive coordinator to this team.
                This is best case scenario for the offseason, I am worried about Howie the Undertaker finding a way to survive this. I want Hurts to play well(unlikely), but if he does that just helps Howie's cause.

No clue about who would be a good OC but they need one - even if its a retread like Nagy. They got way too cute this offseason after firing Groh and thinking they can just copy what the 49ers did.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

If there is one thing I'd like to see in Wentz perhaps more that anything ... it's dumping the "aw shucks" cornpone for more of the personna presented by Rogers in that clip you posted.
                  I certainly don't want to see him clapping on the sidelines either. That was almost worse than Jeffery laughing when he got that OPI penalty called on him.
                  Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-10-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

This is best case scenario for the offseason, I am worried about Howie the Undertaker finding a way to survive this. I want Hurts to play well(unlikely), but if he does that just helps Howie's cause.

No clue about who would be a good OC but they need one - even if its a retread like Nagy. They got way too cute this offseason after firing Groh and thinking they can just copy what the 49ers did.
                    If Howie survives, this team becomes irrelevant. The cap situation is so bad next season that a losing season is inevitable. They can't have Howie doing next year's draft. He needs to be removed from that equation.

If you remember about Groh, he was fired shortly after he was endorsed by Pederson. Obviously, he was forced by organization. I expect it may happen again this offseason.

Comment

No player ever won a power struggle with Joe Banner, and no player will ever win a power struggle with Howie Roseman. Joe Banner got shitcanned because he thought he was more important than Lurie. Howie isn’t stupid enough to make that mistake.

Comment

At what point does Lurie move on from this CGM? With the cap now in shambles, what exactly is he bringing to the table? He extends washed up players. He signs free agents that don't contribute. He fails horribly in the draft. His franchise QB is being wasted in his prime. I just don't get it.

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the best case scenario is for the Eagles to go 0-4 or 1-3 and start over in the offseason. I'm fine with Pederson getting fired as long as that means Howie gets fired. Howie just can't get another year. Hire a GM who will make the obvious pick at OL or WR and give Wentz a fresh start.

2017 was an outlier for Wentz. His play was frustrating at times in 2018-19. I think it's a legitimate question to ask if that guy is worth the kind of money that QBs command, but I really doubt that Hurts on a rookie deal would be a better bargain.

Comment

That was almost worse than Jeffery laughing when he got that OPI penalty called on him.
                            He was obviously laughing at how weak a penalty call he thought it was. I guess he could have whined about it. Wouldn't have changed anything.

I've laughed at bad calls before although my response is usually disgust or exasperation. Disbelief is another good one. Ya gotta be kidding me!
                            Last edited by Maniac; 12-10-2020, 03:19 PM.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Did I say they were?
                              Nah. Wasn't disagreeing with you.

I've seen that protecting Wentz from injury thing lots of places. I don’t buy it at all. Not a healthy player for four games when they aren't eliminated. NFL doesn't operate that way.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

He was obviously laughing at how weak a penalty call he thought it was. I guess he could have whined about it. Wouldn't have changed anything.

I've laughed at bad calls before although my response is usually disgust or exasperation. Disbelief is another good one. Ya gotta be kidding me!
                                He's straight up trash now. I don't want to see a smile on his face regardless. EDP and I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X