Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Just saw this: https://twitter.com/EaglesXOs/status...967246849?s=20

Teams will start to plan for Hurts, but that's not a game that Pederson could have called with Wentz. Regular RB runs were by far the least effective part of the offense on Sunday, but it seems like people think the success was as simple as just deciding to run the ball.

I think RPO is going to become a buzzword over the next few weeks, as though Pederson just decides to call RPOs when a QB besides Wentz is playing. I'm by no means an expert. This info is easily available on pro-football-reference. In 2019, Wentz ranked 4th in RPOs behind Jackson, Murray, and Watson. In 2020 he ranks 5th and of course he's missed 1.5 games. Over the past few years he's run more RPOs than any non-running QB.
    Then there is the next step in the RPO, it can become the most lethal play when he can run or hand off to RB, or pull up and throw with half the defense consumed with what the qb and rb are doing.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I still can't get over how slow Reagor looked (at least compared to how fast he's supposed to be).
      Go back and look at that punt return TD, the kid has speed, just not so sure he is is using it all the time.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

Go back and look at that punt return TD, the kid has speed, just not so sure he is is using it all the time.
        It's not jumping off the screen. . maybe he just looks effortless doing it. Still wondering about that deepball he couldn't get to and didn't lay out for.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

It's not jumping off the screen. . maybe he just looks effortless doing it. Still wondering about that deepball he couldn't get to and didn't lay out for.
          The long shot replay showed he slowed down turning in to the hashmarks and had to speed up. Had he kept running through his break he’d have been hit in his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

The long shot replay showed he slowed down turning in to the hashmarks and had to speed up. Had he kept running through his break he’d have been hit in his hands.
            That was concerning - multiple times I've seen him give up on the route/slow down when he sees a defender nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

I'll have to go back and look at it because, in real time, I remember thinking he didnt look super fast. I was surprised he made it.

Obviously he's "fast" I just dont think he's the guy Howie thought he is. It's a little easier to get separation against Big 12 corners.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Hope Reagor doesn't turn into alligator arms Stinkston afraid of getting hit

Comment

Something about Hurts reminds me of Iverson. Definitely not a thug thing. Or a freakish ability thing. I think it's the self-confidence for his relatively small size.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    Something about Hurts reminds me of Iverson. Definitely not a thug thing. Or a freakish ability thing. I think it's the self-confidence for his relatively small size.
                    It’s as though he saw another quarterback win the big one for his team in college, got benched in college, stayed and fought for his job (and was a hero in the end), moved to another program only when he’d given it his best shot at his first program, and in his one season took his new program took them to the playoffs. He’s already lived Wentz’s career.

Comment

Working...
                    X