Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eagles should not have drafted Hurts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Patriots should never have drafted Brady. It made Bledsoe feel like a broken leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
      The way the NFL is shaping up its more or less draft a running qb every three, four years and don't pay that $30m a year for four, five year second contract.
      Yup. That's definitely a plan.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Its not coddling. It's trying to maximize your investment. Wentz is going to be a millionaire whatever happens. Throwing away a hundred million dollars makes the Eagles worse. Bad resource management.

There is no problem here if they hadn't already paid Wentz.
        At this very moment, which QB is best suited to keep the chains moving with this injured Oline and practice squad receivers? I hope the owner cares about winning each game on the schedule and not the feelings of the highest paid players. If Lurie prefers to appease high salary players over starting the best available...then fuck him and his windmills.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

This is silly. You said 'Wentz had made clear he would rather be traded than be a backup'. I'm asking you where he said that and you're giving me some third party who backpedaled after his speculation got misconstrued. I stopped listening when he said neither Wentz or his agent told him anything. Your narrative to now make it sound like he's some malcontent is laughable.

We get it, you dislike Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
            This is silly. You said 'Wentz had made clear he would rather be traded than be a backup'. I'm asking you where he said that and you're giving me some third party who backpedaled after his speculation got misconstrued. I stopped listening when he said neither Wentz or his agent told him anything. Your narrative to now make it sound like he's some malcontent is laughable.

We get it, you dislike Wentz.
            Schefter was clear he stood by his reporting. He did not report Wentz was a malcontent. He said Wentz would rather be traded than be a backup. Big difference. Figures you quit listening. Stick your head in the sand. I'm the one saying drafting Hurts was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

At this very moment, which QB is best suited to keep the chains moving with this injured Oline and practice squad receivers? I hope the owner cares about winning each game on the schedule and not the feelings of the highest paid players. If Lurie prefers to appease high salary players over starting the best available...then fuck him and his windmills.
              Obviously Hurts is playing better. And if Lurie was all about appeasing high salary players, Wentz wouldn't have been benched.

The point is they committed to Wentz and now don't have the stones to live with that commitment for more than 12 games. Fire Howie.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Schefter was clear he stood by his reporting. He did not report Wentz was a malcontent. He said Wentz would rather be traded than be a backup. Big difference. Figures you quit listening. Stick your head in the sand. I'm the one saying drafting Hurts was a mistake.
                Nah. He stated the report was based off of 'common sense'. That means he's just another guy posting nonsense that certain people will spin. No big deal. I know what happened here. I'd be a fool to try and sway those that actually listen to this garbage.

Comment

You're both right ... the narrative that Wentz is a malcontent based on Schefter's reporting is bullshit by Schefter's own admission ... but the concept that Wentz will get fed up with being a backup is a logical and, frankly laudable, reaction for Wentz.

As for the idea that Howlo fucked up when, after getting rid of Foles and paying Wentz, he then created a potential QB controversy instead of building a team around Wentz and getting a vet backup ... my level agreement is off the charts and I stated it when they drafted Hurts.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

To me it's obvious that Wentz feels he's entitled to be the starting qb because the team paid him a shit-load of money but he really has sucked this year and deserves to be benched. He hasn't put in the work necessary to improve his deficiencies but he's being paid $128 million to do just that. Is that not enough incentive for him? Howie is the biggest problem though and I don't see anything improving in the future as long as he's GM and the guy deciding who gets drafted. He's made some horrid decisions that I consider to be inexcusable when you think of the players who were still on the board when the team's turn came to choose their pick. I have to include Lurie as someone who has to step up and make the decision to get rid of or demote Howie but as long as Lurie considers Howie untouchable, the team is screwed.

Comment

DERP!!!!

File this under:

"The Patriots should not have drafted Brady. It hurt Bledsoe's feelings!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                        DERP!!!!

File this under:

"The Patriots should not have drafted Brady. It hurt Bledsoe's feelings!!!"
                        This was the post of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                          The way the NFL is shaping up its more or less draft a running qb every three, four years and don't pay that $30m a year for four, five year second contract.
                          People need to respect your game

Comment

Working...
                          X