They're trading Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I'll still be surprised unless Roseman is scrapped as well.

He mentions going QB at 6. That would amount to Lurie admitting that 1st and 2nd round picks were wasted on the wrong QB's, but then letting the GM who made those picks use another 1st rounder on another QB. That would be the definition of inept.
    Howie was hinting at a rebuild last offseason and I had a bad feeling that weasel would use it as some form of job security. Probably helped this year he could point to Lurie's beloved Patriots and say "see look, even they had to do it!". Can't believe with his draft record and now failing to do what he supposedly did best with the salary cap(the old kick the can down the road method didnt work huh?) - he is about to hire his 3rd head coach.

Comment

I can only see Wentz being traded if Lincoln Riley is the next HC. A 28-year old QB is young enough for a youth movement. It would make no sense to eliminate an SB-winning HC and a former MVP candidate QB at the same time.

It's not as much about Wentz getting everything he wants as it is both Wentz and Howie being able to point fingers at Pederson, and the idea that it's easier to replace a coach than a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Come on ... the window dressing bullshit about picking a QB is mental masterbation ... the point is the rebuild ... you don't rebuild with Wentz ... and now there are reports that Roseman has already contacted Lincoln Riley ... that sound like someone who has Wentz in mind?

EDITED TO ADD: And if the reports are true, how do you think Wentz likes that shit?
        28 isn't that old. Certainly not old enough to dump if you think he's a top tier starter, which we would have to assume they think he is not. Which would make him a pretty big bust given all they did to land him. Which goes back to "why does Howie still have a job?"

Unless they really think Hurts is the guy. Then they Linoln Riley stuff makes sense.
        Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-12-2021, 03:10 PM.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Or maybe they don't know what the fuck they're doing and when the trade Wentz they'll continue to prove it.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Or maybe they don't know what the fuck they're doing and when the trade Wentz they'll continue to prove it.
            Obviously they don't know what they're doing. I'm not saying he's a bust I'm saying they must think he is if they trade him.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I honestly can’t understand why Riley would consider working for the jagoffs who run the Eagles. Working with Hurts can’t possibly be enough. Riley coached Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield, and I just don’t believe Riley would rate him with those guys. He has a plush job at Oklahoma and ought to be in no rush to get to the NFL in a better situation than under Howie Roseman.

Comment

Working...
              X