No announcement yet.

Wentz Intimidated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are saying Wentz "feels a little bit off in his relationship with the entire organization. A lot of people"

What exactly does that mean? I don't get it. It's an incredibly well-paying job that he didn't do particularly well this season. Nobody likes everyone they work with. Be a goddam professional, Carson. Or just retire. I'm sure you've got enough money to live comfortably on.

https://sportsnaut.com/philadelphia-...-wentz-latest/
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

He put this team in a hole with his poor performance. He was given every chance to improve and he didn't do it. Now he's upset that there were consequences.

Comment

I don’t know if intimidated is the right word, but he is lacking something - competitive gene? If he wants to stay and have fan support he needs to break his silence and state that he is ready to come in and compete and show he is the starter. By staying quiet he is basically saying he is a diva and wants out. I was a fan of his but I’m losing it to the point of good riddance. I do know that Hurts is not afraid to compete and will not play the diva. That goes a long way.
        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          They are saying Wentz "feels a little bit off in his relationship with the entire organization. A lot of people"

What exactly does that mean? I don't get it. It's an incredibly well-paying job that he didn't do particularly well this season. Nobody likes everyone they work with. Be a goddam professional, Carson. Or just retire. I'm sure you've got enough money to live comfortably on.

https://sportsnaut.com/philadelphia-...-wentz-latest/
          All of the speculation I've seen is that Wentz has asked out not the other way around. Maybe a smear campaign, if not - sounds like the environment(particularly the Foles statue outside the stadium) has indeed made him into the basket case some have called him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

sounds like the environment(particularly the Foles statue outside the stadium) has indeed made him into the basket case some have called him.
            If a freaking Bud Light statue (or a freaking backup getting drafted, or any other excuse...) was enough to make him a basket case, then there was no "making" -- he already was one.

I appreciated what this dude did as an Eagle and don't have anything against him personally. But I'm a birds fan, not a Wentz fan. If he doesn't want to be here...then, bye. Need a ride to the airport?

Comment

Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post

If a freaking Bud Light statue (or a freaking backup getting drafted, or any other excuse...) was enough to make him a basket case, then there was no "making" -- he already was one.

I appreciated what this dude did as an Eagle and don't have anything against him personally. But I'm a birds fan, not a Wentz fan. If he doesn't want to be here...then, bye. Need a ride to the airport?
              I agree and didn't mean to imply that the organization is at fault for him becoming a basket case(if he really is one). I can't think of why he would want out aside from that - the alarming regression does seem to reconcile to a case of a very talented player being mentally f*cked by his surroundings and thinking that cloud will clear somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I agree and didn't mean to imply that the organization is at fault for him becoming a basket case(if he really is one). I can't think of why he would want out aside from that - the alarming regression does seem to reconcile to a case of a very talented player being mentally f*cked by his surroundings and thinking that cloud will clear somewhere else.
                Ya, wasn't trying to jump down your throat -- I've just seen a lot of Eagles fans excusing his play. I think that stuff is why he wants out, too.

Add this to the pile...he's owed a gargantuan amount of money...he was the worst QB in the league this year...he doesn't seem to possess the self-accountability to fix this stuff...his athleticism propped him up in his heyday, and that's never coming back...if we keep him and he's bad again, we're really stuck holding the bag.

Him wanting out is doing the birds a favor, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  He put this team in a hole with his poor performance. He was given every chance to improve and he didn't do it. Now he's upset that there were consequences.
                  That's why he loses me a little bit. He wasn't playing well. He got benched. I could understand if he was upset but then they fired the coach who benched him. They gave him a huge contract. What more does he want?

Even McNabb, who can hold a grudge with the best of them, responded to his benching by going to the NFCCG.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post

The Green Bay Packers chose a first round QB and Aaron Rodgers stuck it up their asses.

The Eagles choose a second round QB and Wentz folded like a cheap suit.

He can’t leave Philadelphia soon enough for me.

Comment

I just can't get over the fact that you can receive $138MM from someone and still feel disrespected. I just don't get that.
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                        I just can't get over the fact that you can receive $138MM from someone and still feel disrespected. I just don't get that.
                        Or that you can finish 34th in passer rating - 34th! - and feel disrespected.

I’ll bet Drew Lock feels like he is just happy to still have a fucking job.

The only reason Wentz is still an Eagle is because of that $138 million.
                        Last edited by RSE; 02-05-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I hope this story ends with Foles coming back again to back up Hurts. Round 3.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I think back the the trophy presentation at the Super Bowl. Wentz was first in line to get up there because he thought he was going to get credit for the championship. When Foles was interviewed and he was not I think things began to go south for him. IMO he expected to be treated like the hero yet the fans loved Nick. In college he was hurt most of the year but won the championship game and was the hero. Thought that would happen here too.

Comment

Working...
                            X