Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Dungy said Wentz wasn’t salvageable in Philly, but makes Colts a SB contender!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Dungy said Wentz wasn’t salvageable in Philly, but makes Colts a SB contender!

So what would a HOFer like Dungy advise to Wentz?

Stay in Philly where you’re not salvageable and prove to the ridiculously stupid organization and many of their fans your mettle, or go to Indy and make them and yourself a SB contender?

Wow. It must have been a ridiculously stupid decision to make.

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    So what would a HOFer like Dungy advise to Wentz?

Stay in Philly where you’re not salvageable and prove to the ridiculously stupid organization and many of their fans your mettle, or go to Indy and make them and yourself a SB contender?

Wow. It must have been a ridiculously stupid decision to make.
    Makes no sense, how can you be unsalvageable on one team and a Super Bowl contender on the next. It's coaching and players around you that make you a great player. I mean put any of the 32 starting QB's in the league on last years team and they do not win.

Comment

Wentz was a prima donna who felt he deserved the starting qb job. There were several areas of his game that were weak but he sure didn't believe that to be true. I'm glad that he's gone, along with his attitude and unless he's willing to change that attitude I don't see how it will be different in Indy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by desertcogo View Post
        Wentz was a prima donna who felt he deserved the starting qb job. There were several areas of his game that were weak but he sure didn't believe that to be true. I'm glad that he's gone, along with his attitude and unless he's willing to change that attitude I don't see how it will be different in Indy for him.
        Cool. Tony Dungy and Mel Kiper’s opinion contrasts yours.

Without looking, I’m sure Las Vegas does as well.
        Last edited by Drama Queen; 03-28-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

if he continues to hold the ball and not throw it on Timing; he will suck no matter where he goes.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
            if he continues to hold the ball and not throw it on Timing; he will suck no matter where he goes.
            Be sure to point out his new mechanic improvements... and don’t forget to praise Reich this season.

I think a lot of people will take comfort in this.

Comment

He’s in Indy now. I’m sure he’ll flourish in that backwater burg.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                He’s in Indy now. I’m sure he’ll flourish in that backwater burg.
                Why do you think he will flourish there?

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  Why do you think he will flourish there?
                  IF HE HAS RECEIVERS THAT KNOW HOW TO RUN ROUTES, CAN ACTUALLY CATCH, AND AN O- LINE THAT CAN BLOCK, HE WILL.
                  UNLIKE HE HAD HERE.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

IF HE HAS RECEIVERS THAT KNOW HOW TO RUN ROUTES, CAN ACTUALLY CATCH, AND AN O- LINE THAT CAN BLOCK, HE WILL.
                    UNLIKE HE HAD HERE.
                    You were never a detractor like, Loki so I get your mindset.

Let’s give the floor to Loki. He thinks Wentz will flourish? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                      Nice way to hedge. If he’s good, it’s because he took on some self improvement.

He’s going to have a good year and won’t be because of pussy fine tuning and shit. Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

UNLIKE HE HAD HERE.
                        Absolutely. You take a team that Shotput Rivers did okay on and insert Wentz I don't see how anyone can say that's a downgrade for anyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by desertcogo View Post
                          Well, he did deserve the starting job. All QBs are prima donnas. They wasted draft assets on a QB while the team was crumbling around him. If you take away the rushing stats, Hurts and Wentz are almost identical passers in that dumpster fire last year, but yeah, Wentz is a baby for not wanting to squander his career on a rudderless ship with a clueless GM.

That FO knows full well that this fanbase has a raging hardon for backup QBs - especially ones that can run. When they benched Wentz, they basically pinned all of the offense's problems on him from a public perception standpoint. And as we saw, they still sucked donkey nuts with Hurts in.
                          Last edited by Melchior; 03-29-2021, 11:11 AM.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Well, he did deserve the starting job. All QBs are prima donnas. They wasted draft assets on a QB while the team was crumbling around him. If you take away the rushing stats, Hurts and Wentz are almost identical passers in that dumpster fire last year, but yeah, Wentz is a baby for not wanting to squander his career on a rudderless ship with a clueless GM.

That FO knows full well that this fanbase has a raging hardon for backup QBs - especially ones that can run. When they benched Wentz, they basically pinned all of the offense's problems on him from a public perception standpoint. And as we saw, they still sucked donkey nuts with Hurts in.
                            I'm not sure about the FO pinning the offense's problems on Wentz. IMO they waited as long as they possibly could to bench him, and once they did the offense was better than it had been in almost two months. If Wentz doesn't get benched that week 16 Dallas game isn't even meaningful.

I would expect a 5th year QB to be better than a rookie who was considered a reach/project. I get that the offense they ran with Hurts was unsustainable, but I genuinely surprised by how much better they "looked," even given that a mobile QB can help with that.
                            Last edited by art vandelay; 03-29-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

To be honest, I never was a Wentz fan. I think and still do, that we should have kept Foles, traded Wentz when was really still worth something, drafted a rookie QB to learn under Foles. While Foles was not going to be a full season long QB due to possible injuries, would our win/loss record have been any worse than it was in 2020? I still think Wentz left his guts on the field in LA after Marc Barron crushed his knee. I do not think he will ever be the same again. I do not think he has the mental toughness to forget he will always be vulnerable. No matter who for or where he plays. Some players have it, the ability to come back and play to greatness after an injury, some don't. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X