Gabe Kapler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabe Kapler

Turns out he wasn't the problem and is actually a good manager.

Who knew?

Your point? The Phillies are currently doing the exact same thing they did under Kapler. Newsflash, a manager doesn't make a difference if the team isn't good.

Any manager can also win with a stacked team. See...Joe Girardi.

Comment

Has any city had a bad a drafting history as Philadelphia. All four teams have whiffed on early picks for the past decade plus.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
        Has any city had a bad a drafting history as Philadelphia. All four teams have whiffed on early picks for the past decade plus.
        Literally every city with teams in all four major sports has done the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Literally every city with teams in all four major sports has done the same thing.
          Any examples? I asking a serious question because the volume of misses seems unique.

Comment

call Twatkins to put out the fire
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              Your point? The Phillies are currently doing the exact same thing they did under Kapler. Newsflash, a manager doesn't make a difference if the team isn't good.

Any manager can also win with a stacked team. See...Joe Girardi.
              What do Terry Francona, Dick Vermeil, Andy Reid, Larry Brown and Mike Keenan have in common?

Comment

Any examples? I asking a serious question because the volume of misses seems unique.
                Sure. I'm limiting this to the NFL and NBA because the MLB draft seems to work differently, and I don't follow the NHL draft.

New York - Ereck Flowers, Eli Apple, Daniel Jones, DeAndre Baker, Kevin Knox, Frankie Ntilikina, Obi Toppin
                Washington - RGIII, Josh Doctson, Dwayne Haskins, Jan Veseley, maybe Avdija
                Chicago - Gabe Carimi, Shea McClellin, Kevin White, Mitch Trubisky, bad drafting outside of the first round
                Cleveland - Anthony Bennett, Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden, Danny Shelton, Corey Coleman, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Barkevious Mingo
                Phoenix - Robert Nkemdiche, Jonathan Cooper, Josh Rosen, Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson
                Boston - Patriots have been drafting poorly for a long time. Celtics haven't really been in a position to blow picks.

It even seems silly to include the NBA in this considering how long teams can go without picking early. When you consider the hit rate in the NFL draft, and how long a decade-plus is, of course teams are going to have a lot of misses.

Comment

Maybe it’s a combination of the volume of high picks and the misses that make it seem worse. And the fact it’s across all four sports.

Comment

Listen, I know our teams suck, but they don't even pick high that often. The Eagles have picked in the top 10 3 times since 2000.

Believe it or not, draft picks like Wentz and Simmons aren't misses.

Comment

Working...
                    X