No announcement yet.

Hurts mechanics stink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I stand corrected. This guy stinks.

I can’t take watching him hold the ball too long and have no vision. For my own sanity if they went to someone else I’d be fine with it.

Comment

Just get him off the field at this point…he’s fuckin trash

Comment

Originally posted by WhyYouMadThough View Post
        Actually I stand corrected. This guy stinks.

I can’t take watching him hold the ball too long and have no vision. For my own sanity if they went to someone else I’d be fine with it.
        Only took 2 quarters from many calling me out last week to agreeing this week lol I already lost my sanity with this idiot but more so with the organization that let this happen and continue to allow it.

Comment

He's played 10 games which have been against the SB champions, the former SB champions, SB loser two years ago, at Dallas twice, at Carolina, at Atlanta, mop up at GB, the playoff bound Saints, playoff bound Washington and (at?) Arizona. Not a lot of easy or even realistically winnable games and his numbers are actually historic for a QB in his first 10 starts. Everyone should give it a rest until the schedule lightens up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lar6767 View Post
            He's played 10 games which have been against the SB champions, the former SB champions, SB loser two years ago, at Dallas twice, at Carolina, at Atlanta, mop up at GB, the playoff bound Saints, playoff bound Washington and (at?) Arizona. Not a lot of easy or even realistically winnable games and his numbers are actually historic for a QB in his first 10 starts. Everyone should give it a rest until the schedule lightens up.
            Actually quite the opposite! I don’t need to see inflated stats from playing shitty teams.

Hurts is trash…a career backup at best. Pass

Comment

Originally posted by Lar6767 View Post
              THERE'S MORE TO THIS GAME THAN NUMBERS.
              THERE'S MORE TO THIS GAME THAN ANAL-LYTICS
              WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT GIVE THIS KID A CHANCE
              NONE OF IT IS OUR DECISION TO MAKE WHETHER HE PLAYS OR NOT.
              HE IS OUR QB AND WANT NOTHING BETTER THEN HIM TO PLAY WELL.

BUT DECISION MAKING BY THE 'PRO' QB, WHETHER TO PASS OR RUN, ACCURACY IN HIS PASSES, STRENGTH OF HIS ARM ARE SUSPECT TO SAY THE LEAST.

AND THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.
              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-15-2021, 07:31 AM.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I am disappointed and have serious doubt that he will make it as a starter here or anywhere.

But his statistics are better than McNabb’s in his career so far, and McNabb had a better running game, better O line, vastly better defense that wasn’t constantly putting him in holes, and a much better coach.

Benching him now would kill any trade value. This team is going nowhere in 2021 and never was.

Finally, he’s all we’ve got, so I’m rooting for him to succeed.

Comment

And some the hate on here is way out of line.

Comment

SOME PEOPLE LOVE TO HATE.

GOTTA GIVE THIS KID A CHANCE TO DEVELOP.

WHO KNOWS, WITH THE RIGHT COACHING, THE CORRECT MENTOR, THE CORRECT QB COACH TO TEACH THIS KID, MAYBE HE COULD TURN INTO 'THAT GUY' THAT WE WANT AND NEED. MAYBE NOT,
                    BUT HE HAS TO PLAY THROUGH IT.

THIS YEAR WAS A WASH, A REBUILD YEAR, EVERY TEAM GOES THRU IT.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Only took 2 quarters from many calling me out last week to agreeing this week lol I already lost my sanity with this idiot but more so with the organization that let this happen and continue to allow it.
                      Because bitching is pointless. Hurts looks like what they drafted him to be. A competent backup QB. (Same thing Minshew is) 2nd round was too high but it's not an exact science. The plan was not for head case Wentz to wuss out and skip town. After he did it made complete sense to give Hurts a shot this season.

A bigger concern is that Hurts is regressing. Maybe that's because teams are getting tape on him. But a lot of that is because Sirianni is a lousy coach. I can't remember a guy with a worse feel for playcalling. He's got about four play calls. One of them is a bubble screen and one of them is calling a bomb every four plays. Lurie blew this hire big time.

I would have pulled Hurts tonight at the half just to give him a chance to get his head together. Sirianni is putting the responsibility for the whole offense on Hurts by refusing to use Sanders. Coaching malpractice.

That said, they need to use their 2022 draft picks on more players - not a lottery pick in a bad class of QBs. And they need to replace the coaching staff and quit letting Howie/Jeffy evaluate players.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Because bitching is pointless. Hurts looks like what they drafted him to be. A competent backup QB. (Same thing Minshew is) 2nd round was too high but it's not an exact science. The plan was not for head case Wentz to wuss out and skip town. After he did it made complete sense to give Hurts a shot this season.

A bigger concern is that Hurts is regressing. Maybe that's because teams are getting tape on him. But a lot of that is because Sirianni is a lousy coach. I can't remember a guy with a worse feel for playcalling. He's got about four play calls. One of them is a bubble screen and one of them is calling a bomb every four plays. Lurie blew this hire big time.

I would have pulled Hurts tonight at the half just to give him a chance to get his head together. Sirianni is putting the responsibility for the whole offense on Hurts by refusing to use Sanders. Coaching malpractice.

That said, they need to use their 2022 draft picks on more players - not a lottery pick in a bad class of QBs. And they need to replace the coaching staff and quit letting Howie/Jeffy evaluate players.

Regressing, when was he ever any good other than running with his legs? If they wanted a back up QB, you didn't have to blow a 2nd round pick on a dude you know can't play the position.

Now, coach definitely looks bad but could it be possible that he is limited with knowing Hurts sucks at everything including running the RPO's? The guy can't get past a 1st read and stumbles over RPO's. He has no touch on a deep ball and his accuracy stinks to play any type of timing game. Maybe we need to see Sirianni with a real NFL QB before we write him off. (as far a 4 play calls, I am not sure Hurts can even execute those 4 lol) I just suspect he is limited in what he can do with Hurts but the lack or run plays is concerning either way.

Nicky doesn't have the clout to pull Hurts his daddy Howie won't let him and he doesn't have the resume to tell Howie fly a kite.

Even with 3 top 10 picks, we all know Howie will fuck it up anyways. That dude needs to be moved back to a corner office and let nowhere near personnel decisions period!

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          I am disappointed and have serious doubt that he will make it as a starter here or anywhere.

But his statistics are better than McNabb’s in his career so far, and McNabb had a better running game, better O line, vastly better defense that wasn’t constantly putting him in holes, and a much better coach.

Benching him now would kill any trade value. This team is going nowhere in 2021 and never was.

The NFL is vastly different today than it was in 99 when McNabb came into the league. This is a much friendlier QB league, passing league and QB stats league than when McNabb came in.

Trade value, the kid has zero trade value! He will never, ever garner even a 4th rounder as teams do not pony up top picks for a career back up with no shot at being a starter.

I am still curious how people can be disappointed at this point. Did people really think Hurts was going to be legit? Stevie Wonder saw this coming lol

Funny how a lot of "fans" are rooting for the kid because he is "our QB and we have to support him as he is all we got" yet the same didn't go for 11? So we can "as fans" pick and choose who we like and dislike on the team, want on the team and want gone and still support the actual team wow who knew hahahaha

Comment

Now, coach definitely looks bad but could it be possible that he is limited with knowing Hurts sucks at everything including running the RPO's? The guy can't get past a 1st read and stumbles over RPO's. He has no touch on a deep ball and his accuracy stinks to play any type of timing game. Maybe we need to see Sirianni with a real NFL QB before we write him off. (as far a 4 play calls, I am not sure Hurts can even execute those 4 lol) I just suspect he is limited in what he can do with Hurts but the lack or run plays is concerning either way.
                            This is where I am at. It looks like plays are there to be made, players being schemed open, but Hurts just isn't making the throws. However, I will not excuse the lack of designed runs being called by Sirianni.

Comment

The NFL is vastly different today than it was in 99 when McNabb came into the league. This is a much friendlier QB league, passing league and QB stats league than when McNabb came in.

Trade value, the kid has zero trade value! He will never, ever garner even a 4th rounder as teams do not pony up top picks for a career back up with no shot at being a starter.

I am still curious how people can be disappointed at this point. Did people really think Hurts was going to be legit? Stevie Wonder saw this coming lol

Funny how a lot of "fans" are rooting for the kid because he is "our QB and we have to support him as he is all we got" yet the same didn't go for 11? So we can "as fans" pick and choose who we like and dislike on the team, want on the team and want gone and still support the actual team wow who knew hahahaha
                              I have to wonder what happened to you. When you first started posting here you were a decent individual. Then there came a point - and much as you don’t like it, it was about the time you crapped out on coming to the tailgayte in Buffalo - where you went off the deep end and started personally attacking other posters.

i don’t know why you think your ad hominem attacks of other posters reflect well on you. They don’t. People think you are an asshole, even those who share your opinions. That’s never been the way of this board.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Level of agree 100%, you've summed up my feelings better than I could

Comment

Working...
                                X