Cold weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Hurts doesn’t have more completions to the opposition than he does to his own team.

Second part of my post was facetious. God forbid a team has 10 pass attempts with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.
    Come on man I was being sarcastic. Not his best game at all. I've been tough on him and he's been better lately but this is not a really good game. Kind of exposing his lack of talent and decision ming passing the ball consistently. He's a gamer and doesn't give up I'll give him that. He's graat for the run game but can he win consistently with his arm I don't know not convinced yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post

the qb has a 16.4 rating and the two RB’s are 12 for 94.
      You’re proving my point. They ran for over 200 yards today. Hurts had a whopping 23 pass attempts going into the final drive. The loss had nothing to do with throwing too much.

Comment

You’re proving my point. They ran for over 200 yards today. Hurts had a whopping 23 pass attempts going into the final drive. The loss had nothing to do with throwing too much.
        No it has to do with 3 picks 2 in the red zone with 6 points in your pocket, then another pick into double coverage with no reason to throw it. Hurts is a great runner, but way below average passer.

Comment

No, you don’t have an accurate qb and limited receiving talent. The formula that worked for them was establishing to run early and use the RPO for sure throws. The drive before the half was all runs until the pick. This also helps the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post

No, you don’t have an accurate qb and limited receiving talent. The formula that worked for them was establishing to run early and use the RPO for sure throws. The drive before the half was all runs until the pick. This also helps the defense.
            That's almost the opposite of what they've done. They've thrown relatively more early, and run more when they've had the lead. Hurts attempted 26 passes in the 2nd half in the 4 games against Detroit, SD, Denver, and NO.

The Eagles may have been the first team ever to run for 200 yards without establishing it. Either that or establishing the run did absolutely nothing to set up easy passes for them. Meanwhile the Giants did nothing on the ground outside of one big run, and had more success throwing than the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
            X