No announcement yet.

Did Howie and Lurie screw us up today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Howie and Lurie screw us up today?

The fact that they came out throwing, and often to Reagor no less, makes me think the FO wants Nick to get Reagor more involved. Maybe today they realized the kid can't handle it, one can hope. On post game Joyner went off on him, especially the last blown catch, where he said he saw Reagor had his fucking eyes closed! It was a damn fine rant!
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

I already posted this.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      The fact that they came out throwing, and often to Reagor no less, makes me think the FO wants Nick to get Reagor more involved. Maybe today they realized the kid can't handle it, one can hope. On post game Joyner went off on him, especially the last blown catch, where he said he saw Reagor had his fucking eyes closed! It was a damn fine rant!
      No Jalen Hurts did, cannot remember last time the owner and the GM threw a pass.

Comment

I'll never know what game people were watching today. Yeah, they came out with a whopping 10 throws on the first 3 drives. They threw 8 times on the final drive. In between, they ran the ball 27 times and threw the ball 14 times. I don't think that's the result of an FO directive to change the game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

No Jalen Hurts did, cannot remember last time the owner and the GM threw a pass.
          Hurts had a bad day, and I wish the world was as black and white as you see it. How does Reagor get targeted as much as Goeddert and Smith COMBINED? Something is definitely up with that. I can see Howie telling Nick, it's just the Giants, get him more involved! The QB that sucked gave him two chances to catch a TD, and he blew them both. Two rushing TDS were called back because Herbig fucked up and held when he didn't have to. The whole team blew it, not just Hurts.
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

Hurts had a bad day, and I wish the world was as black and white as you see it. How does Reagor get targeted as much as Goeddert and Smith COMBINED? Something is definitely up with that. I can see Howie telling Nick, it's just the Giants, get him more involved! The QB that sucked gave him two chances to catch a TD, and he blew them both. Two rushing TDS were called back because Herbig fucked up and held when he didn't have to. The whole team blew it, not just Hurts.
            How you do not see it, he threw 3 INT's, so if Howie told the Coach get him more involved and the coach relayed that to Hurts it is up to him who to throw the ball to, he can choose any other receiver and just say Reagor was not open. The first pass to Reagor I do not blame him for, he had a DB on his back and the ball hit his helmet, the 2nd one he should have caught easily he stinks I get it, he still may not have scored when he came down he was on the 1 yard line with 3 defenders standing behind him. Who knows ? but all in all, a QB throws 3 picks 2 in the red zone with 6 points in your pocket, a 3rd ball he should not have thrown and had a QB rating on 17.5, Come on Man.

Comment

thegodfather wants to place the blame fully on Hurts because he loves Wentz and has his head fully up Wentz's ass and laments that he's gone. Hurts did not have a good game yesterday but he's not to blame for the loss yesterday. He threw ONE bad interception but Hurts wasn't responsible for the Scott fumble, he wasn't responsible for the Herbig penalties and he wasn't responsible for Reagor failing to catch two passes that a #1 pick should catch. I think it's obvious that Sirianni was instructed to target Reagor and get him more involved in the offense. Reagor had taken a lot of heat in the week leading up to the game and I think that probably the instructions came down from both Lurie and Howie. There is just no way you can arrive at any other conclusion. Howie needs to go but I'm afraid that will never happen because Howie is Lurie's boy. It's just a shame that we can't get rid of both of them because both of them are the problem. I will go to my grave vividly remembering the video of inside the Vikings draft day war room when they all learned that the Eagles selected Reagor and Justin Jefferson fell into their laps. They all celebrated like they had just won the lottery. Howie thought he was being so cute selecting Reagor and he always believes he's so much smarter than everyone else. You just know that Howie said to himself before the pick "watch this, I know Jefferson is the obvious pick but I'm going to show everyone how smart I am by picking Reagor and he'll go on to be a big star in the league." Howie is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE at evaluating talent and should not be let anywhere near the draft. He's a bean counter and his responsibilities should not go beyond that. Even if you give Reagor the benefit of a couple of years to figure out the NFL and to realize his potential he just SUCKS. Reagor has been regressing each year and the time has come for him to go. Reagor has less than 600 career receiving yards while Jefferson had more than twice that yardage in his rookie year alone.
              Last edited by desertcogo; 11-29-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I agree with the part about Reagor. Just the worst pick resulting from an ingrown we are smarter than anyone else. As for The Gasfather, if we had drafted Jefferson Wentz would still be here.
                ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Wolfpack, I'm convinced you could choose a knowledgeable fan off the street and they would be far better at evaluating college players than Howie is.

Comment

Well this year shows you what a difference hitting on your first two picks can make with a team

Comment

REAGOR WILL GO SOMEPLACE ELSE AND BE A STAR FOR THEM......
                      HAPPENS ALL THE TIME RIGHT?
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I'm convinced that Sirianni was hired solely because he would be a first-time head coach and could be easily controlled, also the fact that no reputable coach would take the job knowing that Lurie and Roseman would be calling the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by desertcogo View Post
                          thegodfather wants to place the blame fully on Hurts because he loves Wentz and has his head fully up Wentz's ass and laments that he's gone. Hurts did not have a good game yesterday but he's not to blame for the loss yesterday. He threw ONE bad interception but Hurts wasn't responsible for the Scott fumble, he wasn't responsible for the Herbig penalties and he wasn't responsible for Reagor failing to catch two passes that a #1 pick should catch. I think it's obvious that Sirianni was instructed to target Reagor and get him more involved in the offense. Reagor had taken a lot of heat in the week leading up to the game and I think that probably the instructions came down from both Lurie and Howie. There is just no way you can arrive at any other conclusion. Howie needs to go but I'm afraid that will never happen because Howie is Lurie's boy. It's just a shame that we can't get rid of both of them because both of them are the problem. I will go to my grave vividly remembering the video of inside the Vikings draft day war room when they all learned that the Eagles selected Reagor and Justin Jefferson fell into their laps. They all celebrated like they had just won the lottery. Howie thought he was being so cute selecting Reagor and he always believes he's so much smarter than everyone else. You just know that Howie said to himself before the pick "watch this, I know Jefferson is the obvious pick but I'm going to show everyone how smart I am by picking Reagor and he'll go on to be a big star in the league." Howie is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE at evaluating talent and should not be let anywhere near the draft. He's a bean counter and his responsibilities should not go beyond that. Even if you give Reagor the benefit of a couple of years to figure out the NFL and to realize his potential he just SUCKS. Reagor has been regressing each year and the time has come for him to go. Reagor has less than 600 career receiving yards while Jefferson had more than twice that yardage in his rookie year alone.
                          WOW all that writing for nothing, Hurts sucked and I for one could care less about Carson Wentz jackass. All I want from him it to lose but play 70% of the games. You keep saying Reagor as well, stop blaming someone else for Hurts mistakes. Even is Reagor catches the pass on the one yard line he was getting smashed by 3 defenders and not scoring, if this was in the end zone then maybe you have a point. Hurts left points on the field by throwing picks in the red zone. Howie is not the problem either, so go cry in mommy's lap and have her wipe your nose your boys stinks at throwing a football, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                            I agree with the part about Reagor. Just the worst pick resulting from an ingrown we are smarter than anyone else. As for The Gasfather, if we had drafted Jefferson Wentz would still be here.
                            I do not even take offense to that I agree with you, Jefferson not being picked was a horrible decision.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

WOW all that writing for nothing, Hurts sucked and I for one could care less about Carson Wentz jackass. All I want from him it to lose but play 70% of the games. You keep saying Reagor as well, stop blaming someone else for Hurts mistakes. Even is Reagor catches the pass on the one yard line he was getting smashed by 3 defenders and not scoring, if this was in the end zone then maybe you have a point. Hurts left points on the field by throwing picks in the red zone. Howie is not the problem either, so go cry in mommy's lap and have her wipe your nose your boys stinks at throwing a football, get over it.
                              YOU SAID YOU WERE JUST KIDDING ABOUT HATING HURTS? DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IT.

NOT HIS FAULT HIS TARGET DROPPED PASSES DROPPED IN HIS ARMS.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X