Hurts has his issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Blake Bortles is 6-5. Russell Wilson is 5-11. What the fuck point do you think you're making? Serious question.
    I think he’s saying that Dalton isn’t a good QB comparison for Allen.

I’m not sure if there is a good QB comparison for Allen. His development into one of the better QBs in the league was a surprise for sure.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 01-08-2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I’m not sure if there is a good QB comparison for Allen. Completed less than 50% of his passes at Wyoming. Drafted strictly because of physical attributes. Awful rookie year, better second year but they didn’t really let him loose, then incredible third year.
      You are correct.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/josh-allen

Comment

I’m telling you here and now that Eagles fans in general are more optimistic about Hurts than Bills fans were about Allen after 2019. Look at Allen’s 2019. He still had serious issues with accuracy and finding receivers. Remember the Bills passed on both Mahomes and Watson in 2019. The Bills brought in Carson Palmer’s brother to work with him and Allen worked his ass off.

What I meant about Allen being an Andy Dalton type is perfectly clear - a fucking mediocrity.

Some people are intentionally obtuse. I hate people being intentionally obtuse.
        Last edited by RSE; 01-08-2022, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I’m not sure if there is a good QB comparison for Allen. His development into one of the better QBs in the league was a surprise for sure.
          No I’m saying that in 2019 Buffalo fans thought Allen would be a fucking mediocrity, like Dalton.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

No I’m saying that in 2019 Buffalo fans thought Allen would be a fucking mediocrity, like Dalton.
            Right. Didn’t mean to say you thought Dalton was a good comparison physically or anything. Was just responding to Maniac’s post, then going off on a tangent.

I thought Allen was closer to not even belonging in the league after his first two years. I’ve probably never been more surprised to see a QB pan out.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 01-08-2022, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Josh Allen is 3 inches taller and a full tenth of a second faster than Dalton with a monster arm. He ran a pro style offense at wyoming vs Daltons tcu spread. I'm curious about your comparison. Isn't there a much more obvious comparison for Allen? What's an Andy Dalton sort of QB? A 6'2" meh kind of arm qb?

Edited to add, What's being said here? Because Allen has made a leap, that Hurts should play until he proves us right or wrong? Where's the cutoff? He stops showing progress? Serious question.
              Hurts stats are better this year than Allen’s were his second season. If Allen had performed the same while quarterbacking the Eagles this year we’d be calling him a B, C or J,

I’m willing to give Hurts another year. If nothing else we have the chance to improve the rest of the team’s personnel for the next guy.

Comment

What do you think "Josh Allen is 3 inches taller" meant?
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

It meant that Andy Dalton is 6'2" from tcu running a spread and ran 4.8 and Josh Allen is 6'5" running a pro style offense and ran a 4.7. it's not an apples to apples comp. Are you dense?

Comment

I think it meant that Allen and Dalton don't have much in common. But to be clear, RSE wasn't saying that anyway. He was just naming a QB who wasn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      What I meant about Allen being an Andy Dalton type is perfectly clear - a fucking mediocrity.

Some people are intentionally obtuse. I hate people being intentionally obtuse.
                      This.

The reference to Dalton obviously wasn't about size or 40 time. Mediocrities come in all sizes.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                      X