No announcement yet.

Remain Legendary - IRISH GEORGE update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the three or four gaytes I made it to, I spent most of my time shooting the shit with IG. I just connected with him, and even when we disagreed (which was a lot outside of football), we respected each other and had some great, really fun conversations. When I think of the glory days of this bored, the Matt Jones and Asian Lesbians days, Irish George is the first name that will always come to mind.

If you see Tim again, tell him I'm praying a Rosary for him. God bless Irish George.

Comment

I'm not going to bullshit here, IG and I never seen eye to eye. We've spent many posts butting heads, As a newb, I saw it as a challenge putting this guy in his place. I couldn't do it. I'm very confident I knew everything in regards to Philly sports, IG knew more. I was confident I knew more than anyone on this board regarding our Philly teams. IG kept me in check. I have mad respect for IG because he showed me he knew more. God bless, IG. We didn't see eye to eye but you knew your shit. Fuck a Cowboy,

Comment

IG, LOVED AND LOVES LIKE A BROTHER.

IG AND OCEAN CITY PERFECT TOGETHER.

IG, STICKIEST SWEAT OF ANY PERSON I'VE EVER KNOWN.

IG AND CLAMS.

IG, YOU TREATED MY STEP DAUGHTER LIKE SHE WAS YOUR VERY OWN EVERY TIME WE WENT DOWNASHORE.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

“Where’s yer Iggle colors?” I can still hear IG’s booming voice from our first Eagles tailgate. He was lambasting this phan who had travelled from the Midwest to the game but who had committed the sin of not wearing anything Eagles related. “I was going to buy something in the stadium” said the guy (handle was KC Iggle I think) in a weak defense of himself. IG didn’t really care, he just wanted to bust the guy. I recall IG had brought some of those “Hello, my name is …” tags so these people who were all meeting for the first time could keep track of each other.

That’s IG. He’ll bust yer chops but be the nicest guy and make you laugh at the same time.

IG was instrumental in getting the Hoagiegate scandal going. I remember getting the first list of rules for the new stadium and they said no outside food would be allowed. Well IG passed word of this to some of some of his media friends and things took off from there.

IG was there for some of the happiest moments in my life and helped me through some of the worst. I always would get these little surprise gifts in the mail from him… usually some sort of memorabilia of personal interest to us.

IG’s love of R&B music, The Beach Boys, and all things Philadelphia will always be legendary. I never did care much for yer bluefish though, sorry.

I can go on forever with IG stories but I’ll just close by saying our group chat ripping and making fun of FF (Reid) during the pandemic Super Bowl will always be one of my few good memories from that time, even though I knew IG was ill.

Legendary indeed. God bless you IG.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Thought I'd add a few photos from gaytes over the years.

Comment

Wow. I knew he was struggling but had no idea it was coming to this. I'm m floored. IG is one of the best guys I've ever known. Big heart, generous, always treats everyone like they were his best friend. I remember one time taking my family down ashore on the spur of the moment for a day trip. I wanted to hit up ig's beloved Smitty's. I gave him a call to ask for some pointers and before you know it he was setting up a meeting for us at place. We had a great time drinking some beers and eating some of the fine seafood. He dropped what he was doing to make sure we had a good experience. Legendary doesn't even begin to describe him. He's in his own league in that regard.

Comment

His gameday posts from the shitter was classic IG
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                  His gameday posts from the shitter was classic IG
                  The Oregon Diner
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Holy shit. I’m stunned right now. I’m very sorry to hear this. Cancer just sucks, man. IG was literally the first igglephan I ever met online when the internet was invented & I bonded with him from the jump back on the old Philly.com board. Always looked forward to posting every day when I got to work & yucking it up with him at tailgates. Funny as hell and an awesome dude from day 1 to me.

He’s given me a couple of jerseys that my kids have worn to games over the years.

please let him know my family is thinking of him and his daughter.

if there’s an afterlife I hope he gets the chance to let Rascalman know Dallas sucks almost as much as Cancer does.

Man, this is just real shitty news.

Comment

Well, the Phillies are giving him a hell of a sending off.

Comment

I’m am so sad to just be hearing this news just as the Phillies reach the World Series. IG would be so excited about it.

I remember nervously hitting my first tailgate in the early 2000’s after posting on the board from the late Philly News message board days. IG was always one to welcome me - and I loved talking with him, getting shit from him, and drinking with him. Four Loko gayte will always be a great memory.

Since I moved, I haven’t been to gayte yet - I was wondering as recently as last week why Tim hadn’t been posting - so I’m so bummed that my worst fears are confirmed. God bless that guy!

Comment

This breaks my heart. Totally.
                          My fondest memory is when he had tix for a Temple hoops game and he picked me up and we drove into Philly in his raggedy Saturn. Somehow the car fit him perfectly.
                          I remember him sharing on the bored after his divorce about his date. The woman said all she was interested in was cock and not looking for a relationship. He mentioned that he pondered that for a moment and told her, “I have one of those.”
                          And yeah. Cancer sucks.
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Thinking that KG will meet IG at the pearly gate and sing Some Enchanted Evening
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Who here doesn’t have at least one classic football card given to them by IG?

Comment

I never met IG personally but he was someone I have always respected on this board not only for their knowledge about the eagles but also his knowledge on life outside of football.

My favorite IG memories will always be his Dallas hate week montages. They have been missed here as of late. I admittedly would use his content and post it on social media because I loved it so much.

I joined this bored when I was in high school I’m now 33 and married with a son. As I have grown older it has been difficult seeing the older generations of eagles fans pass on to what awaits us next, including my grandfather who was a good as they come. However I do take solace in that some of that generation was able to be here with us for 2017. It was everything to every one of us.

god speed IG.

Comment

Working...
                                X