No announcement yet.

RIP Irish George

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP, IG. You can tell KG that I was the one who nabbed the Aramingo.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Ah, man…this sucks so bad. Truly horrible news.
      RIP to the OG Igglephan. The Goat.

The most Philly dude I ever met. Authentic, hilarious, kind, & legendary. A walking/talking Philly sports encyclopedia.

He brought my wife and me cheesesteaks at one of our first ever tailgates when I said I had never had one. He was literally mortified to hear that.

Keeping his family and loved ones in our thoughts. Glad he is no longer suffering. It’s a terrible time for everyone involved.

Fuck Cancer. I stand for Tim Kelly.

Comment

I JUST KEEP REMEMBERING HOW HE TREATED MY STEPDAUGHTER EACH TIME WE WENT DOWNASHORE.
        FROM THE FIRST TIME TO THE LAST, HE TREATED HER LIKE HE KNEW HER HER ENTIRE LIFE AND WAS SO KIND....HIS MOM TOO...SHE JUST SMILED EACH TIME SHE WAS WITH HER.

MISS YA BUD. GOOD PEOPLE....HE JUST KNEW HOW TO SPEAK TO EVERYONE TO MAKE THEM FEEL COMFORTABLE.

TAKES A HIGHLY INTELLIGENT CARING MAN TO DO THAT.
        IT JUST SUCKS THAT THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY ENJOY LIFE, THAT REALLY ENJOY BEING WITH PEOPLE, GET TAKEN AWAY WAY TOO EARLY...

SO PISSED....

MY BRO STICKMAN AND NOW IG.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Condolences to all and best wishes to the family. Always enjoyed his appearances here and missed them as of late. Rest well IG.

Comment

I know I mentioned it previously but I unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting him face-to-face like many of you guys. We knew each of us would be at a Mainland high school playoff game(must've been around ten years ago) and I told him I would probably be sitting near the press box and wearing a WVU hat. Well, as luck would have it there was another guy sitting on the other side of the press box wearing a WVU hat. Naturally, IG thought it was me and walked up the bleachers and said to the guy, "headknocker"? He told me the guy looked at him like he had three heads so he just walked down the bleachers to continue watching the game. He didn't tell me what happened until the next day on this bored and I just thought it was hilarious. Wasn't he the PR guy at Stockton State College for a time? I graduated from Stockton in '82 and I think I remember him mentioning it on the bored awhile ago. This loss hits HARD.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              He passed away peacefully this morning.

May he be remembered for his generous spirit, dry wit, love for his family and friends, skillful pen, sports fandom and so much more.

I'm heartbroken to have lost of my seatmate and friend.

There's a tailgayte in heaven waiting for you with Red Klotz and KG has a giant aramingo with extra mayo.

Love you Tim!

from the poster formerly known as downundermike

Sorry to hear about IG, I remember having some discussions about Notre Dame with him back in the day, but he was always gracious, even to a newb like me.

As someone who has lost both parents to cancer the last 3 years, I feel your pain.

Comment

Rest in paradise IG. May God bless his family and friends during this difficult time.

Comment

This is epically sad. Tim was simply an awesome human. Rest well IG. xoxo Sellen

https://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-1-7ed2e1ed79.jpg

(I don't know how to post pictures.)
                  Last edited by Sellen; 11-15-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I hope this is alright to post. I found this obituary about IG online.
                    https://somerspoint.com/2022/11/09/o...-kelly-cancer/

I hope to read IG's book.

Comment

Originally posted by C from SD View Post

Thanks for sharing...great article.

Comment

Originally posted by C from SD View Post

Thanks for the share.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I'm just now seeing this. RIP IG...you are an OG around here and I hope you are flying like an Eagle. Prayers to your family...

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
                            I am going to miss you. The value of our friendship is beyond measurable. Id pay anything to have you back for "one more time" I miss you. Love ya Man!
                            This is IG's daughter Devon. I was already sobbing going through these replies, but seeing your profile picture just absolutely sent me over the edge.
                            Thank you for loving my daddy. Not sure if I've met you before or if you were at the memorial but I am so grateful for yours and everyone else's tribute on the bored.
                            i <3 the iggles, therefore i am.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                              I know I mentioned it previously but I unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting him face-to-face like many of you guys. We knew each of us would be at a Mainland high school playoff game(must've been around ten years ago) and I told him I would probably be sitting near the press box and wearing a WVU hat. Well, as luck would have it there was another guy sitting on the other side of the press box wearing a WVU hat. Naturally, IG thought it was me and walked up the bleachers and said to the guy, "headknocker"? He told me the guy looked at him like he had three heads so he just walked down the bleachers to continue watching the game. He didn't tell me what happened until the next day on this bored and I just thought it was hilarious. Wasn't he the PR guy at Stockton State College for a time? I graduated from Stockton in '82 and I think I remember him mentioning it on the bored awhile ago. This loss hits HARD.
                              This is IG's daughter Devon.
                              This story made me laugh amidst the sobbing I'm currently doing reading this thread for the first time.
                              I went to Mainland and I feel like I remember this story.
                              My daddy did work as the PR director. He started one day before I was born, in 1993. I went to Stockton and he was still working there. Got to go visit my best friend in between classes whenever I wanted.
                              Thank you headknocker and I am grateful for this story.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphilly View Post

from the poster formerly known as downundermike

Sorry to hear about IG, I remember having some discussions about Notre Dame with him back in the day, but he was always gracious, even to a newb like me.

As someone who has lost both parents to cancer the last 3 years, I feel your pain.
                                This is IG's Daughter Devon. Thank you so much for the sweet condolences.
                                This is harder than I ever imagined it would be.
                                I'm sorry to hear about your parents and I am sending you empathy right now as I know how hard this hits.

Comment

Working...
                                X