Slay released?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slay released?!?

Surprised a little but not shocked if true. His play dropped off in the second half of the season

I think this means another shoe (or two) will drop.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

If this means they re-sign CJGJ and go CB in round 1, I'm fine with it.

Comment

Man, I sure hope that's the plan!

Comment

Looks like they're punishing some of these defensive players for choking the chicken in the Super Bowl. Bok! Bok!

Comment

At this point we don't have a defense to field. CB and safety is thin, LB is non existant and the DL has been decimated.

Bradberry will be Byron Maxwell 2.0.

Howie has earned the right to for us to trust in him right now, but as of today this team on defense doesn't seem like it will be worth shit. Let see what happens.

Comment

exactly Mr Vandelay.....Porter Jr at 10,
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Surprised a little but not shocked if true. His play dropped off in the second half of the season

I think this mean another shoe (or two) will drop.
              agree.

He was getting picked on in the second half of the season. He still has value, but not 17m for one year

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                At this point we don't have a defense to field. CB and safety is thin, LB is non existant and the DL has been decimated.

Bradberry will be Byron Maxwell 2.0.

Howie has earned the right to for us to trust in him right now, but as of today this team on defense doesn't seem like it will be worth shit. Let see what happens.
                How is the DL decimated with Hargrave, Suh, and Joseph leaving? Barnett is coming back, Jordan Davis and Milton Williams will fill in for the loss of Hargrave. Still have Reddick, Sweat, Cox, Graham, Barnett, Davis, Williams, and Johnson. The DL is fine.

Comment

You don’t think Howie is going to pull a rabbit out of the hart here and keep Slay and CG?

Comment

Originally posted by Marinate03 View Post

How is the DL decimated with Hargrave, Suh, and Joseph leaving? Barnett is coming back, Jordan Davis and Milton Williams will fill in for the loss of Hargrave. Still have Reddick, Sweat, Cox, Graham, Barnett, Davis, Williams, and Johnson. The DL is fine.
                    Hargrave is a big loss. I'm not worried about the guys who were street free agents. They could target DT in the draft but they're still very strong at DE.

What I don't know about is Bradberry as Maxwell 2.0. He was great last year. Maybe his job will be harder in 2023 but we've seen him play as an Eagle, which Maxwell never did.

Edwards was good but the Eagles obviously think he plays a position that's easy to replace. I'm not worried about losing White at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                      You don’t think Howie is going to pull a rabbit out of the hart here and keep Slay and CG?
                      I've seen people speculate that Howie will do with Slay what he did with Cox last year. I don't think it really works out. I'm no cap expert but Slay would have to take way less than his market value for a cut-and-sign to make any sense.

I saw something else about how starting tomorrow the Eagles could exercise options on Reddick and Brown's contracts to clear up 26 million in cap space this year...but they'd take on dead cap charges in 2027. 11 million for Brown, 15 for Reddick. Hopefully they can keep CGJG without exercising either.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I've seen people speculate that Howie will do with Slay what he did with Cox last year. I don't think it really works out. I'm no cap expert but Slay would have to take way less than his market value for a cut-and-sign to make any sense.

I saw something else about how starting tomorrow the Eagles could exercise options on Reddick and Brown's contracts to clear up 26 million in cap space this year...but they'd take on dead cap charges in 2027. 11 million for Brown, 15 for Reddick. Hopefully they can keep CGJG without exercising either.
                        I guess that depends on where they project the cap to be in 2027. It just seems odd that you say you are releasing Slay but nothing has happened. This almost feels like a coordinated social media push.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post

I guess that depends on where they project the cap to be in 2027. It just seems odd that you say you are releasing Slay but nothing has happened. This almost feels like a coordinated social media push.
                          Aaaand I have no idea what I'm talking about because now Slay IS staying. Nice call!

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Aaaand I have no idea what I'm talking about because now Slay IS staying. Nice call!
                            it seems coordinated to me. Even Slay’s wife was in on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marinate03 View Post

Hargrave is a huge loss. He allows the DE's to pin their ears back. Barnett is a bum. We don't know what Davis is he's always hurt let's hope he can stay healthy. Graham and Cox are long in the tooth let's see if they can still be productive (sure as shit weren't in the SB) Sweat and Reddick will be fine but I doubt the Dline will be as good as last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X