The rich get richer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rich get richer

That’s my initial reaction to this Eagles draft night.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

So Howie trades up one pick to get the guy no one thought would be there for them, and then at 30 gets the guy some mocks had them taking at 10.
    Yeah. It worked out ok.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Howie roseman just committed war crimes on the rest of the nfl. Holy shit.

Comment

Insane how well this played out for the Eagles. Realized Carter was actually going to happen when Atlanta took Robinson, as they were rumored to do. Was hoping they’d get Branch at 30, but I just kept watching teams pass on Smith, who the Eagles were apparently targeting at 10.

Desai’s defense is going to dominate in 2023.

Gannon settlement looks so good now. RB, OG, S, and TE2 could all be addressed at #62 or #66. I’d love Charbonnet in this offense. We’ll see if he stays on the board.

Comment

Three years ago Howie Roseman had just, in consecutive drafts, moved up in the first round to pick Andre Dillard, drafted JJ Arcega-Whiteside with a second round pick, and drafted Jalen Reagor ahead of Justin Jefferson.

Comment

LOL former Cowboy PISSED

YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

No B, C or Js??
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                Three years ago Howie Roseman had just, in consecutive drafts, moved up in the first round to pick Andre Dillard, drafted JJ Arcega-Whiteside with a second round pick, and drafted Jalen Reagor ahead of Justin Jefferson.
                I think he learned the lesson about getting cute with picks that FF and Banner couldn’t.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

I think he learned the lesson about getting cute with picks that FF and Banner couldn’t.
                  FF and Banner made a point to take anyone the fans wanted off their board.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                    LOL former Cowboy PISSED
                    Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa !!!
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

FF and Banner made a point to take anyone the fans wanted off their board.
                      DIDN'T THIS PHAN BASE WANT RICKY WILLIAMS NOT D-MAC?
                      OR WAS THAT JUST THEM DOUCHEBAGS FROM WIP?
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I don’t remember a lot of support here for drafting Williams over a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

DIDN'T THIS PHAN BASE WANT RICKY WILLIAMS NOT D-MAC?
                          OR WAS THAT JUST THEM DOUCHEBAGS FROM WIP?
                          Everyone knew we were drafting QB in '99. It was pretty much down to Donovan or Akili Smith, and I don't remember anyone pushing for Smith. There was also some trade-down for Cade McNown talk.

I was thinking more of 2005, when TE was a glaring need, and we passed on Witten for Little John of Rutgers. I'll get over that the day we beat FF in the Super Bowl.

Comment

OMG. If you look up the word “jagoff” in the dictionary, you will find a picture of L J Smith. The saying “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” describes him perfectly:

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Everyone knew we were drafting QB in '99. It was pretty much down to Donovan or Akili Smith, and I don't remember anyone pushing for Smith. There was also some trade-down for Cade McNown talk.

I was thinking more of 2005, when TE was a glaring need, and we passed on Witten for Little John of Rutgers. I'll get over that the day we beat FF in the Super Bowl.
                              OK. THANKS.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X