Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the "Stop blaming the coordinators" dickheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Exactly.

Another bad fumble by Brian Johnson there.
    I don't think he's been very good. Steichen is missed. Gannon not so much.

But last night was more a talent and turnover problem.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      8 first half non-Jalen run plays split between three running backs. That’s how u get a running back in a rhythm by giving them one maybe two touches a quarter. I’m sure the analytics support that.
      I thought Swift was running good and then the gameplan changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I don't think he's been very good. Steichen is missed. Gannon not so much.

But last night was more a talent and turnover problem.
        Yep, and I think people are blaming the coordinators because they won't want to accept that the problem could be the players.

Comment

Yep, and I think people are blaming the coordinators because they won't want to accept that the problem could be the players.
          To paraphrase Jason Kelce, it's the whole team. Including both the players AND the coordinators. And the rest of the coaching staff for that matter.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

the defense looks poorly coached...bad pursuit, bad tackling, they don't take the ball away, and lately the 3rd down defense has been atrocious. I will say, in many of the games they've won, the defense has had to make a stop or two at the end and they made it.

the offense does look "off", but some of that is comparing to last year I think. Last night, they had 6 points and had only punted once midway through the 3rd...not finishing drives has been an issue the last 2 weeks, but not sure what the OC can do to prevent the 3 best ball carriers on the team from fumbling inside the 20 on first down.

Comment

I don’t know but things like lack of third down stops says something is predictable. I mean some really bad teams are stopping more third downs than the Eagles are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

the defense looks poorly coached...bad pursuit, bad tackling, they don't take the ball away, and lately the 3rd down defense has been atrocious. I will say, in many of the games they've won, the defense has had to make a stop or two at the end and they made it.

the offense does look "off", but some of that is comparing to last year I think. Last night, they had 6 points and had only punted once midway through the 3rd...not finishing drives has been an issue the last 2 weeks, but not sure what the OC can do to prevent the 3 best ball carriers on the team from fumbling inside the 20 on first down.
                I agree re: the defense. On one hand, I'm surprised how long it took for people to hate Desai. But they've also gotten some key stops against good teams, even Buffalo. It's really the past two weeks that they've been out of sorts.

Offense has definitely been off. Some of it is schedule, some of it is the OC, some of it is the players. It won't hurt my feelings if they move on from Johnson, but from what I've seen, Hurts is just not throwing to open receivers sometimes. Obviously fans' criticisms of an OC have nothing to do with how his play calling should be evaluated, but when a team has AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert, I want them to throw the ball. I'm not big on the solution of just running more.

Comment

They've been getting torched in the passing game for huge chunks all year. Every QB is lookin like Joe Montana against this team. I'm not even joking

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                    I don’t know but things like lack of third down stops says something is predictable. I mean some really bad teams are stopping more third downs than the Eagles are.
                    I have NFL Sunday Ticket so I flip around between a lot of games when the Eagles aren't playing. It is rare that I see a defense that looks worse than ours. Eye test says the Eagles defense is horrendous. I mean what team can you definitively say is worse? The foreskins? (They'll always be the foreskins to me).
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I have NFL Sunday Ticket so I flip around between a lot of games when the Eagles aren't playing. It is rare that I see a defense that looks worse than ours. Eye test says the Eagles defense is horrendous. I mean what team can you definitively say is worse? The foreskins? (They'll always be the foreskins to me).
                      Ha yeah that's one of the only ones.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

To paraphrase Jason Kelce, it's the whole team. Including both the players AND the coordinators. And the rest of the coaching staff for that matter.
                        and the owner and front office and fans.

However, most glaring problem by far is the coordinators.

They are horrible.

Comment

Working...
                        X