No announcement yet.

VIC FANGIO on his way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dolphins defense looked a hell of a lot better against Dallas than ours did.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
      Didn’t he give up like 100 to Baltimore? If you are going to run a bad defensive scheme why not have the guy who invented it as the DC. Between a castrated head coach, a lousy defensive plan, a sulking QB and a lack of youth and speed on the roster put together by the untouchable GM, what could go wrong? I said this after Seattle, lean years ahead.
      70 to the Broncos,, 50 to the Bills and Baltimore. The only team they really stopped was the Cowboys and they did great against bottom feeders which is more that I can say for the Eagles but they did rank in the top 10 so there is that.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

70 to the Broncos,, 50 to the Bills and Baltimore. The only team they really stopped was the Cowboys and they did great against bottom feeders which is more that I can say for the Eagles but they did rank in the top 10 so there is that.
        ​​​​​​
        I get your point but the Broncos gave up 70 to Miami not the other way around.

Comment

The biggest knock is giving up 56 to what might be a historically great Ravens team.

I'm not saying this in response to anyone in particular, but I don't think there's a DC out there who will really make people happy. The Browns finished #1 in total defense then gave up 45 in the playoffs. Our offense put up 31 points on the #1 defense last year. I understand that people hate Gannon for the Super Bowl, but the defense on the other side also gave up 35.

The 2023 Ravens might end up having that 2013 Seahawks-type defense that consistently performs well against elite QBs. I know this is a hot take but I don't expect Mike McDonald to replicate that success ever.

Fangio's injured defense sure played better than ours down the stretch. With the transition to a 3-4, I anticipate he'll bring in some of his guys (mostly at LB) who will play at an adequate level, which is more than we got this year.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            The biggest knock is giving up 56 to what might be a historically great Ravens team.

I'm not saying this in response to anyone in particular, but I don't think there's a DC out there who will really make people happy. The Browns finished #1 in total defense then gave up 45 in the playoffs. Our offense put up 31 points on the #1 defense last year. I understand that people hate Gannon for the Super Bowl, but the defense on the other side also gave up 35.

The 2023 Ravens might end up having that 2013 Seahawks-type defense that consistently performs well against elite QBs. I know this is a hot take but I don't expect Mike McDonald to replicate that success ever.

Fangio's injured defense sure played better than ours down the stretch. With the transition to a 3-4, I anticipate he'll bring in some of his guys (mostly at LB) who will play at an adequate level, which is more than we got this year.
            I don't mind the signing but I do not want a 3-4 here in Philly,,,we have no linebackers,,we cant draft linebackers...and you need studs at those positions to be successful with that defense.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I thought his scheme is mostly zone, shell coverage daring the defense to run. It is the same defense that Gannon(and many others) run.

While I think the league has figured out the scheme, it does seem to work better under Fangio himself. He was actually consulting during most of the 2022 season and the defense was much better than 2021(while also adding CJGJ and pre-washed up Bradberry which helped).

Don't love the move, but don't hate it either.
              bwah that's right lol How could I forget we were all laughing at that little twerp HC in Denver for that! Good call out Trip!

I mean anyone is going to be better than what we had but I was kind of hoping for something more exciting. Hoping it works out but doesn't really scream optimism just yet.

Comment

Working...
              X