Whoever the OC will be, Hurts needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

For context, when we were talking about Billy Jim Scooter, I went and sampled some of Indianapolis' offense on Youtube, specifically looking for snaps where Mineshew was under center.

I saw exactly one (1) play, against Baltimore.

It's a shotgun happy league right now.
    Just looked it up, Eagles were #1 at 94%, Indy was #2 at 91%.

To 3I's point, The Packers were #19 at 70%.

Greg Olsen (I know) tweeted during the Bucs game that under center play action is the best way to pass on early downs.

Comment

Olsen's generally pretty sharp about the game itself. It's the everything eIse that makes him insufferable.

I couldn't find the team rankings, but it looks like the league average is around 70% shotgun. I wouldn't be surprised to see that number start to decline a bit over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

What’s wrong with being among the league leaders under center?
        Nothing, just seemed like a big jump.

Duck, this was what I found on shot gun rates:

1 PHI 93.8%
        2 IND 90.7%
        3 CIN 85.4%
        4 BAL 84.3%
        5 KC 83.3%
        6 CAR 82.7%
        7 WAS 81.4%
        8 LAC 81.1%
        9 JAX 80.9%
        10 MIA 80.7%
        11 ATL 77.2%
        12 CHI 77.2%
        13 TB 74.6%
        14 BUF 73.7%
        15 NYG 73.7%
        16 SEA 72.0%
        17 ARI 71.0%
        18 PIT 70.3%
        19 GB 69.9%
        20 CLE 66.4%
        21 DAL 65.7%
        22 NE 65.6%
        23 TEN 63.7%
        24 NYJ 63.3%
        25 NO 63.1%
        26 LA 62.1%
        27 SF 61.8%
        28 HOU 61.2%
        29 DEN 57.8%
        30 LV 56.1%
        31 DET 55.6%
        32 MIN 55.1%

Comment

So two of the top five shotgun teams are playing Sunday. And two of the bottom five teams are playing.

I'll be happy to just not be #1 anymore.

Comment

No idea if shotgun vs under center correlates to play success or team success - but I personally want to see more balance.

Eagles were #1 in the league and that is with their short yardage play being 100% under center. Aside from the shove, they must've barely run any plays under center.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              So two of the top five shotgun teams are playing Sunday. And two of the bottom five teams are playing.

I'll be happy to just not be #1 anymore.
              And they need to use the middle of the field, not just outside the numbers.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

And they need to use the middle of the field, not just outside the numbers.
                I think this is the biggest thing and I really hope it was a coaching issue, not a Hurts issue.

Comment

Working...
                X