• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive amount of Yankees fans @ CB

Disgusting.

https://twitter.com/jclarknbcs/statu...318512128?s=21

All this means ...

Is that more and more New Yorkers are being priced out to the suburbs and south toward Philly. Nothing to see here.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

There's a lesson here. If you're not coming out to CBP, what's wrong with you? It's a great atmosphere, the team is fun to watch and tickets are pretty cheap. On a weekday, you can even wait until after gametime and scalp a ticket for 5 bucks.

Comment

That was really sad last night. Hopefully it’ll be a little different tonight.

Comment

The yankme fans cheering along with the announcers on YES network here in NY made it extremely unwatchable.

At least I can listen to Carter, Darling and Hernandez when they play the muts.
          Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Doubtful. Attendance is been really dreadful and I'm not sure why. I'm sure championship hangover has something to do with it, but the Phillies are just fun to watch, even if the Bullpen has killed them.

The positive is that tickets are cheap so a day at the ballpark isn't quite the affair it was 10 years ago.

Comment

There's a lot of reasons nobody is going. They've sucked for five years. This was the third-worst baseball team last year. While they've improved, I don't think this is a team that can turn it around overnight.

The young players are struggling. The free agents are underwhelming. The bullpen is garbage. Most people feel the starting pitching is the biggest reason they are over .500 this year. That's not going to hold up all year.

People are waiting for next year and hoping they start signing real impact players. I truly believe things would have been different if Hoskins, Crawford, and Kingery and the rest of the youngsters had a better start of the season.

Comment

I think attendance is down across the league. In St. Louis, I just blame the heat and humidity. If you go to a game and you're not dressed like you're going to play golf (super thin, airy shorts and shirts), it's just super uncomfortable.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Know what they need?

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                  There's a lot of reasons nobody is going. They've sucked for five years. This was the third-worst baseball team last year. While they've improved, I don't think this is a team that can turn it around overnight.

The young players are struggling. The free agents are underwhelming. The bullpen is garbage. Most people feel the starting pitching is the biggest reason they are over .500 this year. That's not going to hold up all year.

People are waiting for next year and hoping they start signing real impact players. I truly believe things would have been different if Hoskins, Crawford, and Kingery and the rest of the youngsters had a better start of the season.

Jayson Tatum!
                  Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Apparently, it appears they may have a bunch of Fultzes.

Comment

it is!

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      I think attendance is down across the league. In St. Louis, I just blame the heat and humidity. If you go to a game and you're not dressed like you're going to play golf (super thin, airy shorts and shirts), it's just super uncomfortable.
                      but I think regional tv viewership is up. As much as I've ballyhooed the tickets a family of 4 going to the game is:

4x20 = 80
                      2 beers, 2 non-alc drinks = 30ish
                      4 meals (dog or sandwich or similar) = 40ish
                      Parking = 20

Who has 150-175 to take their family to the game? It's just unsustainable.

Comment

Are we watching the same team?

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

They're very young, they've struggled, but they have looked good. They should have swept the Nats. Sure the bullpen has blown it, but they're looking like a legit WC contender (more so if they can pull through this stretch around .500).

I'm not sure I buy that it's the current team that's the reason for low ticket sales.

Comment

For sports in general, we can blame cost, the anthem, climate, etc., but the true enemy of live sports is TV. It alleviates just about every issue, and it's convenient.

Soon we'll be paying $30/game to watch from home and games will be played in a sound stage.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

i was surprised to see how high attendance was in 07 and 08 compared to now. granted we had an exciting core in place then, but playoffs were by no means a guarantee at any point during either of those seasons.

obviously the stadium was filled with frontrunners 2009-2012, but it's weird that attendance is so much lower now even compared to 05-06. maybe the sixers took up some fans' non-eagles budgets this year. sixers games are kind of turning into what phillies games were for a few years.

most people also spent more on the eagles this year than they had in a long time, which is probably what you mean by championship hangover. but i'm with you, this team has exceeded expectations. watching them compete for a WC seems like a great way to follow up the SB. part of the victory lap in a way.

in other news, the yankees have a lot of fans when they're 50-25. shocker.

Comment

If the fan base thought this team was a serious contender, the attendance would reflect it. As mentioned, it's still an affordable option in a sports town. There's really no other reason that place is empty. If Hoskins and Kingery showed glimpses of a young Howard and Utley, I think things would be different. I'm not saying they can't eventually continue to progress but I think their starts didn't help. I hate to say it but it could get worse if they have a bad week. Training camp is less than a month away so if they slide enough they will eventually become irrelevant for most (not me).

Comment

Working...
                              X