No announcement yet.

"Tiger Puts Balls in Wrong Place Again"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I'm hearing this about Jones ... which doesn't change Tiger Woods' serial adultery. EDITED TO ADD: And might change my mind about Jones if it was verified.

Nor does Jones' alleged adultery change Woods' stated approach that winning is all that matters ... which is just a big a reason for why I think he'd give integrity a back seat if he could get away with it.

And all this remains irrelevant to me asking you to answer the question.

You a lawyer?
    Last edited by slag; 04-15-2013, 11:35 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I've seen the light and Tiger should have DQ'd himself. It is all about signing a bad scorecard.

Its funny how Augusta National released video footage today that his drop was legal.

His post round interview fucked him. He thought he was playing by the rules because there are different drop rules depending on how the ball crosses and enters the water hazard. He guessed wrong.

I bet my mortgage that Tiger chewed his caddy's ass. "I pay you to carry my bag, pick up my putter, and to watch how my balls hit the water!"

I still wish he won, just because of the controversy.

I don't give a shit about the honor or the integrity of the game especially when it comes to Augusta National. It was 1992 when they allowed their first black member and 2012 to allow the first female member.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Now here's something I agree with you and this CC fella about ... Augusta was probably a bigger a loser here than Woods was.

They look like idiots at best and intentional cheaters to keep the big name in the tournament at worst.

I'm actually a bit saddened that Woods didn't DQ himself ... he would have come out a bigger winner IMO by doing that than if he had won the Masters.

People who have problems with his general persona and prior marital peccadillos, like me, would IMO have had to reassess their opinions.

And many, including me, particularly considering the charge he was making when he hit the stick, would have declared him to be the "real" winner of the tournament regardless of who won.

It would have been: "Great finish ... glad Scott got his jacket ... but I don't think that would have happened if that champion of truth, justice and the American Way, Tiger Woods, had been there."
        Last edited by slag; 04-16-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

enough already

finally playing golf today!
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Played yesterday for the first time ... played well actually (probably forgot all the bad swing shit while in hibernation).

Comment

So I finally asked my dad today whether Tiger should have been DQ'd. He said no.

He also said he wishes Jim Nantz would ask Arnold Plamer if he cheated to win his first Masters. According to Ken Venturi's book, Palmer did, the two other players in Palmer's group and the rules official called him on it, and Clifford Roberts overruled them. Years later, Roberts told Venturi that he (Roberts) had made a terrible mistake, and Venturi thinks that that mistake was still on Roberts's mind when he committed suicide. I'm not sure that it is that melodramatic, but it goes to show Augusta been playing it's favorites for a while now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=1751927
              Last edited by RSE; 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

So Woods should not have been DQed because Augustan corruption is part of the competition?

Or is the Palmer story independent of your dads reason?
                Last edited by slag; 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

My dad is a huge Tiger knobslobber, always has been and always will. Not for nothing, he tends to see racial persecution everywhere. I have no doubt he's heard some pretty sorry remarks about Tiger at the club(s) over the years.
                  Last edited by RSE; 04-18-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X