the hottest women on TV are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
    It is entirely the system because they don't explain why the word has multiple meanings. They teach you the way you learned your first language. Well there are obviously situations like this where somebody talking in French isn't going to do you a whole hell of a lot of good if you're just learning it!

The system apparently does not allow for English explanations and THAT is what sucks!
    Holy shit your thick. In French garcon is boy, it does not mean waiter. You are speaking about an English variation of a French word. Rosetta Stone is right and you are wrong. Xeno Green
    Last edited by tjl88; 05-03-2013, 12:52 PM.
    It IS About Me Asshole
    -----------------------
    Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

And I wholeheartedly agree. Not every method of learning a language works for everyone. I didn't learn French the Rosetta Stone way, and I have had limited success learning other languages with Pimsleur or Rosetta Stone methods.

That being said, KG here is arguing that a method of teaching French which he has never tried and admittedly won't ever try is stupid because it teaches French translations for French words. And on that basis, you must agree, (1/x) x (y/1) = 1.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        This movie explained it for me.

DAMN IT THAT'S WHAT I WAS LOOKIN FOR.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I will answer that with four words

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          Ever see the program on Saturday nights called "Sabado Gigante"?
          "Don Francisco is GOD!"

Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
          X