Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High School Harry already losing the team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Coughlin had been to a couple conference championship games with the Jags and been named coach of the year before that. Also had taken the Vags to the playoffs. Great comparison otherwise.
    49ers had a split amongst players on who should start at QB & their coach was straight out of college as well. Their high school harry took them to the Super Bowl.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
      49ers had a split amongst players on who should start at QB & their coach was straight out of college as well. Their high school harry took them to the Super Bowl.
      Smith kept the job until he got hurt and Kaepernick outperformed him.
      Thats what will have to happen with Vick. Unfortunately Kaepernick isn't on the roster.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I have a theory without any evidence. What could be happening is one of the QB's is clearly outplaying the others in the eyes of his teammates. It's often obvious.

That QB might be Vick or it might be Foles. There is the possibility that the competition really isn't as close as the untrained reporter's eyes are suggesting in their articles. The reporters don't know the routes and the reads and who is doing the best job of getting the ball to the right place. The players do, though. Plus the reporters only saw a couple of practices. Too small of a sample size to make meaningful observations.

If Vick is clearly outplaying Foles I'm sure the young guns in the locker room would be pretty pissed off right about now by the company line of an even competition. It would also suggest that competition at their own positions is largely a canard.

Cary Williams, Shady, Jackson, and now Peters's drag racing suggest a house that really needs order restored.

Have to keep an open mind in June. This shit might turn out to be a hill of beans or an early indicator that the Chipper really is out of his depth. We'll know before long.
        Last edited by The Ref; 06-12-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref:1707165
          I have a theory without any evidence.
          Sounds familiar

Comment

This reminds me of when

McNabb, Vick, and Kolb were all on the same roster at one point. The local sports media had tons of fun with it.

Comment

Working...
            X