Maclin is replaceable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
    He returned the same day that user Irvin88 returned to gloat about Maclin's injury.

And now that people are contending that Maclin is replaceable this snakebitten fucker appears to contend that Maclin is the Eagles best receiver.

The math is simple: douchebitten is a piece of shit is a Cowboys fan.
    Great observation. By the way, Tom Riccard has no idea who this Maclin guy is you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      He had an off year last year because he missed so much time because of a bizarre health issue.
      That was two seasons ago. I know, the seasons all blur together with Maclin. He just never improved the way you want with former first-round draft picks.

Sure, he wasn't a Mitchell-esque bust but he hasn't flashed the star potential you look for either.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        Great observation. By the way, Tom Riccard has no idea who this Maclin guy is you're talking about.
        Michael Irvin still sucks.

Comment

Point being, how can you expect him to improve, when he had that mystery severe illness for such a long time last season?

This would be the season to make the kind of judgements that make those statements true or false.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I did have Romo and Witten on my fantasy football team last year. You may be on to something.

Comment

Maclin is more of an all around receiver than any Eagles receiver not named TO in the past 15 seasons.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

You're getting a little over the top with with the Maclin blow job here.

I like him ... he's a good receiver ... but he's not a great receiver.

And the reason why I say this is that I have the general impression that his stats feel (to use a baseball analogy) to be more along the lines of a guy who gets most of his RBI's in blowouts (one way or the other) as opposed to a guy who helps win close games with them.
                Last edited by slag; 07-28-2013, 04:18 PM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Point being, how can you expect him to improve, when he had that mystery severe illness for such a long time last season?

This would be the season to make the kind of judgements that make those statements true or false.
                  What? The season he put up his best per game averages was 2011. That was the year he contracted Hepatitis or whatever it was.

2012 was the year he was supposedly symptom free, allowing him to enjoy a better season. Instead his stats remained static except for the drops which increased.

Comment

His drops increased from a whopping 4.12% to 4.92%.

Comment

How many did Witten drop?

Comment

Not many. He helped me win it all last year. I may draft him again this year.

Comment

What a bunch of crap.

If Maclin were so easily replaced, there would be more than 2 receivers in the past 15 years that you could say were better than him.

He had an off year last year because he missed so much time because of a bizarre health issue.

He was the most reliable receiver on the team, and one of the few receivers who caught TDs in the red zone.

There was some article a a couple years ago that mentioned there were only 4 receivers in NFL history (it could have been a smaller window of history, but Jerry Rice was on the list), who had a more productive start to their career than Maclin.
                          Now Maclin is the 5th best WR in NFL history? You're actually mentioning Jerry Rice in the same post as him?

What a bunch of crap.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            I've never been a big fan of him. He's not terrible, but he's nothing special either.

He reminds me of the Small-Johnson type receivers we used to complain about when McNabb was in his prime. OK but not great.

I agree with this 100%. Guys emerge all the time in the NFL. Hopefully someone we wouldn't expect to show up big, will.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                              He is much better than those guys. Not a superstar, but not average. We aren't doomed without him, but there is no potential replacement on this roster who is going to put up better numbers than he has averaged.
                              how can you say this? do you own a crystal ball?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                                Maclin had more catches in his first four years on the eagles than any player in franchise history.
                                Only four other players in NFL history--Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks and Isaac Bruce--have had at least 250 receptions and 3,500 yards receiving before their 25th birthday.

Comment

Working...
                                X