Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kelly had any gonads Cooper would already be cut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
    He said something disgusting and moronic, but it's up to his team and teammates to forgive him or cast him out. At least it gives some of the white guilt ridden a reason to rage about it on the internet though.
    I'm not guilt ridden at all. But why keep a disgusting moron on the roster? What's the upside of Riley Cooper?
    Last edited by Maniac; 07-31-2013, 09:59 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

That's for the team to decide. Wasn't trying to single you out.
      Last edited by D Leff; 07-31-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I hope she didnt bring up St. Bartholomews Day.

Comment

When did Riley Cooper throw anything in the face of an Eagle player?

And it wasn't Young's wife ... it was Delmon Young himself.

I'm not overly observant either, but it is ethnic to me.

Every fight I had as a kid in Delaware was over that shit.

So, I didn't like what Delmon Young did when he was drunk, but I didn't get as mad about it as you are about Cooper ... so I'm not going to get anymore crazy here.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Im not mad but I would cut Cooper and I think its an easy decision. Hes a racist and a stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Yes its my opinion. I have to admit I'm curious why 3I finds it acceptable. The apology is bullshit. We all know that.

Im not talking about putting him in jail just getting him off the roster.

I don't find it acceptable. I'm also not even offended by nor surprised by it. I'm pretty sure he gets called "white boy" all the time, probably gets teased about dick size, a professional football locker room is anything but professional.

Only the media and Marcus Vick is outraged by this. Will somebody hold it against him...sure. I'm pretty sure safeties from other teams will light his ass up a few times. But this is really a non-story.

On the way home from work, the talking head was screaming for the Eagles to do more than fine him. They want him suspended for a few games.

He publicly apologized and sounded sincere.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

And Delmon Young isn't?
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  And Delmon Young isn't?
                  I'm not a Phillies fan - or even much of a baseball fan these days. I didn't even know who Delmon Young was before tonight.

Comment

i'm not surprised there are racists on the eagles either. but i'd still cut the fkkker for being a moron and an embarrassment to the team.

the apology is de rigueur. meaningless.

Comment

i'm not surprised there are racists on the eagles either. but i'd still cut the fkkker for being a moron and an embarrassment to the team.

the apology is de rigueur. meaningless.

Maybe I'm giving him a pass because I consider all football players young, rich know-nothing ass punks.
                      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

They need Riley fucking Cooper?

If you think the black players are gonna let this slide, you're deluded. Unless they dont have any self-respect. Maybe if it was Brett Favre but Riley Cooper is about the fiftieth best receiver in the NFC East.

Just cut him.
                        You may be right that he should be cut but you gave the stupidest reason possible. Basically, you're saying if he was a standout player such behavior would be acceptable but since it is a backup/borderline starter he should be cut. Thus, since he hasn't been cut the HC doesn't have the balls to recognize he needs a double standard on this team.

Totally idiotic line of thought here.

Perhaps cutting him is the right thing for Kelly to do, but that would only be if Kelly is trying to seriously change what he believes is a poor locker room culture. If that is the case then any player liable for such actions should have been cut. The problem with rushing to judgment on that count is we really don't know what the culture is in that locker room. Kelly could believe the culture is fine and this is an isolated incident worthy of individualized punishment.

In that case he actually had a ton of balls NOT to cut Cooper.

Either way, it's pretty clear you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Once again.
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

I'm not overly observant either, but it is ethnic to me.

Every fight I had as a kid in Delaware was over that shit.
                          Same here as a kid. I heard shylock and hymie a lot.
                          Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Working...
                          X