Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The birthplace of the Constitution is going to save the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    Do you understand that there is a very good chance that with single-payer you'd be paying LESS for healthcare?
    Look, you may be right, or not, neither of us will ever know unless it happens, but I have had to deal with Government Agencies both state and federal (through my businesses) for most of my life.

In a word they as a whole, are the most backward, inefficient,lazy,uneducated, and worthless people that I have ever had to deal with, MOST of them could NOT make it running their own business in real life, they simply do not have the ambition to succeed.

The ONLY way I will ever believe that what you say could be true, I would have to see it first hand, the Government agencies that I deal with, both civilian, and militarily on a regular basis just do not have a good track record in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
      The cost is shared by everyone, that's a good one, and who funds the government? keep em coming, lol
      Taxpayers, the same people that would be getting the healthcare.

Are there people that don't pay taxes? Yes. Many of them do not earn that much money and are in more need of healthcare. I personally don't mind that my taxes would contribute to their health and well-being. I like the idea of a healthy society.

On top of that I'd enjoy the very possible bonus that on average health care costs would likely go DOWN based on single-payer systems in other countries.

But, it might mean the money I spend on healthcare would have to go to the evil federal government instead of the virtuous insurance companies who are just trying to scrape by.

I can live with that.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle Road;1721386]
        Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post

Not as much as the people that get it for free, right?
        Back to work, parasite! Stop playing with your shiny toy! This irresponsible behavior is why you can't afford healthcare. Prioritize!

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          But we'll get what we pay for (i.e. less).

My only foray into this thread. Carry on!
          If that's true, why do people in countries with single-payer healthcare have longer life expectancies and more satisfaction with their healthcare?

If you want to say that life expectancy in the US isn't necessarily tied to health care/insurance then we can get back to talking about gun violence.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Taxpayers, the same people that would be getting the healthcare.

Are there people that don't pay taxes? Yes. Many of them do not earn that much money and are in more need of healthcare. I personally don't mind that my taxes would contribute to their health and well-being. I like the idea of a healthy society.

On top of that I'd enjoy the very possible bonus that on average health care costs would likely go DOWN based on single-payer systems in other countries.

But, it might mean the money I spend on healthcare would have to go to the evil federal government instead of the virtuous insurance companies who are just trying to scrape by.

I can live with that.

You do realize that MOST of these other countries that you all portray to have superior HC systems to ours are heavily subsidized, in other words, some countries may have say a 55% tax rate, and a large chunk of that goes directly to national healthcare, fine, I understand that.

But MOST of those countries also don't have to support the over-bloated military that we do, THEY DON'T POLICE THE WORLD.

I would also doubt that any of those other countries come close to sending out the amount of foreign aid that we do. This money all has to come from somewhere, I just see this country, adding a SP HC system to everything else we already have, as a HUGE increase in the taxes necessary to prop it all up.

So how HC actually gets cheaper, ok, maybe HC gets cheaper, BUT your total tax rate, just went through the roof!

Comment

[QUOTE=FuriousXGeorge;1721393]

Back to work, parasite! Stop playing with your shiny toy! This irresponsible behavior is why you can't afford healthcare. Prioritize!

Typical Liberal, telling everyone else what they should be doing.

Besides, again, no comprehension on your part, NEVER said I couldn't afford it, just said I wanted to know where the savings were?

Comment

If that's true, why do people in countries with single-payer healthcare have longer life expectancies and more satisfaction with their healthcare?

If you want to say that life expectancy in the US isn't necessarily tied to health care/insurance then we can get back to talking about gun violence.
                It's not linked to health care/insurance. There are numerous studies on this - behavioral is a big one (lack of exercise, poor diet, obesity), more diverse population, and yes violence plays a part as well.

Hey you suckered me into another response!
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  It's not linked to health care/insurance. There are numerous studies on this - behavioral is a big one (lack of exercise, poor diet, obesity), more diverse population, and yes violence plays a part as well.

Hey you suckered me into another response!
                  We sound pretty exceptional.

And I figured I'd either go with guns or robots to get you to reply.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle Road;1721396]

Typical Liberal, telling everyone else what they should be doing.

Besides, again, no comprehension on your part, NEVER said I couldn't afford it, just said I wanted to know where the savings were?
                    Hooray! Obamacare grants us affordable healthcare! Stop playing with your toys and go earn that money to pay for it, you have nothing to whine about.

But MOST of those countries also don't have to support the over-bloated military that we do, THEY DON'T POLICE THE WORLD.
                    Agreed, we must cut our military budget and stop policing the world with things like the unnecessary war in Iraq conservatives demanded.

Comment

[QUOTE=FuriousXGeorge;1721399]

Hooray! Obamacare grants us affordable healthcare! Stop playing with your toys and go earn that money to pay for it, you have nothing to whine about.

Agreed, we must cut our military budget and stop policing the world with things like the unnecessary war in Iraq conservatives demanded.

Yep, just like Obama wanting to bomb the shit out of Syria with NO PROOF, it's been how long? STILL NO PROOF.

Sure start another war for no reason, they are BOTH guilty.

Not to mention the "leader" of the free world getting bitch slapped by Putin, lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle Road;1721400]

Yep, just like Obama wanting to bomb the shit out of Syria with NO PROOF, it's been how long? STILL NO PROOF.

Sure start another war for no reason, they are BOTH guilty.
                        No proof? Jesus, you are retarded. There is no doubt the Syrian military launched the attack in the midst of an already ongoing war, that doesn't make the intervention a good idea, but this is not like Iraq where conservatives wanted to start a war and so manufactured reasons to do so.

Cost of Obama military strike on Syria: It didn't happen, Obama found a diplomatic solution which has at least so far achieved the objective of applying pressure to end the chemical attacks.
                        Cost of conservative war in Iraq: More than $2 Trillion. Hundreds of thousands of lives lost. Could not achieve objective because WMD program did not exist as claimed.

Exactly the same! Derp derp.

Comment

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
                          ..... and You don't see that as hostage taking??
                          Overturn the law through the legislative process if you can, doing it otherwise is borderline Seditious. Blaming both sides here is ludicrous
                          Can I burn down your house?
                          No

Just the 2nd floor?
                          No

Garage?
                          No

Let's talk about what I can burn down.
                          No

YOU AREN'T COMPROMISING!

Comment

[QUOTE=FuriousXGeorge;1721401]

No proof? Jesus, you are retarded. There is no doubt the Syrian military launched the attack in the midst of an already ongoing war, that doesn't make the intervention a good idea, but this is not like Iraq where conservatives wanted to start a war and so manufactured reasons to do so.

Cost of Obama military strike on Syria: It didn't happen, Obama found a diplomatic solution.
                            Cost of conservative war in Iraq: More than $2 Trillion.

Exactly the same! Derp derp.

LOL, Obama "found" a diplomatic solution, LOL

He and Biden overplayed their hand and Putin stole their milk and cookies, and made them look like fools in the process.

You have me figured so wrong, I am a libertarian, you know, don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you, so you can stop with the references, they make you look foolish.

BTW, show me ONE, just ONE reputable article that states there is irrefutable proof that Assad gassed those people.

Pay attention here, I am not disputing that somebody was gassed, I have just never seen any REAL PROOF, (opinions and op-ed's are not proof) that Assad was responsible.

So show me just how much smarter you are than I, and show me that article.

Comment

Can I burn down your house?
                              No

Just the 2nd floor?
                              No

Garage?
                              No

Let's talk about what I can burn down.
                              No

YOU AREN'T COMPROMISING!

Huh, sounds just like the exchange on the floor about ratifying ACA, pssst, let's hurry up and pass this damn thing before somebody really does read it.:D

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle Road;1721403]
                                LOL, Obama "found" a diplomatic solution, LOL

He and Biden overplayed their hand and Putin stole their milk and cookies, and made them look like fools in the process.
                                Kerry mentioned what could be done, Putin and Assad leaped at it because they didn't want Syria to be bombed. This was the ideal solution. Your toddler tantrum at Obama that demands you attack him even for doing the right thing is pathetic.

You have me figured so wrong, I am a libertarian
                                HAHA, yeah, like every Republican.

BTW, show me ONE, just ONE reputable article that states there is irrefutable proof that Assad gassed those people.

Pay attention here, I am not disputing that somebody was gassed, I have just never seen any REAL PROOF, (opinions and op-ed's are not proof) that Assad was responsible.

So show me just how much smarter you are than I, and show me that article.
                                http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/0...ack-afterward/

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=223648196

The Syrian military talked about moving the weapons to an area they controlled. They discussed the attack afterwards. The trajectory of rockets came from that area.

Now, you have two choices now. You can admit you are wrong, or you can make some dumbass excuse and continue your toddler tantrum. So, what's it gonna be. Time for the big boy pants or no?

Huh, sounds just like the exchange on the floor about ratifying ACA, pssst, let's hurry up and pass this damn thing before somebody really does read it.
                                The bill was compromised and negotiated for months. For instance, the public option was a major feature Obama endorsed on the campaign trail that he had to give up. And as you know it was a Heritage Foundation and Mitt Romney conservative plan to start, a serious compromise. Stop it with the tantrums and try and make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X