So what do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
    Foles didn't do enough to win the job, IMO...
    Shut the fuck up you are clueless

Comment

Vick is done. Foles comes off the bench and played a good game as the back up.

The only success Vick has is when he runs and we see what eventually happens.

Give Foles a chance. Shouldn't have anything to do with Vick being hurt or not. He is just bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
        Vick under center= the team will lead the league in rushing, big plays over 20 yards, frequent stalls in the redzone.

or

Foles under center= tightends are more involved, McCoy isn't as effective, the passing game is more consistent. Less big plays.

Whose involved and who isn't comes down to play-calling more than who the quarterback is.

Foles played well on his first drive and then late in the game. But I think the game got away from the Giants defense once Eli started tossing the ball up. Looked like they had that "not this shit again" feeling to most of the 4th quarter.

-AE

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle
          But I think the game got away from the Giants defense once Eli started tossing the ball up. Looked like they had that "not this shit again" feeling to most of the 4th quarter.
          Bingo.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Its hard to evaluate his play against the giants Dee, because of the Slack jaw picks. If Vick is healthy next week, he has to start.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

You also hate that your daughter is dating my cousin.

I hate that your computer has a caps lock button.

I hate Iowa.
              I used to live in iowa for a 10 yr period of time

Grew up in Philly and Ridley Park - played football for Ridley Twp Raiders -
              then lived in West Chester till i moved to Iowa - Im a long time fan - was at the last Eagles Champ Game - Green Bay - 1960 - i was 9 Dad took me -

I could give a fuck if you hate Iowa - this was my nick i picked years ago when i first moved to Iowa and found this site

All of this does not mean shit really because you are Clueless

Comment

Why does Vick HAVE to start? Kind of a throwaway season. Let's see what the young dorky guy can do.

Comment

Its hard to evaluate his play against the giants Dee, because of the Slack jaw picks. If Vick is healthy next week, he has to start.
                  Vicks continues to start if it is the plan to evaluate this season and not put to much pressure on the kid out of the shoot with the new offense.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                    Why does Vick HAVE to start? Kind of a throwaway season. Let's see what the young dorky guy can do.

If Vick loses the start but he is declared healthy, they should have started Nicky Flows game one.

I don't think Vick has played bad enough to lose the starting position, and I don't think Nick showed enough to take it today.

When we play the cowgals, who do you want under center?
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                      Vicks continues to start if it is the plan to evaluate this season and not put to much pressure on the kid out of the shoot with the new offense.

If he starts Nick next week, he might as well start Barkley in December and do a total qb evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                        Especially when you consider that Vick's next injury is as much of a foregone conclusion as this injury was.

Combine that with the other factors (age, declining skills, height, piss poor decision making, a career of terrible habits he's never been able to overcome), and it makes no sense to have him on a rebuilding team, let alone make him the default, no-questions-asked starter. To listen to some fans and commentators, you'd think the team owes the guy a starting job.

Whether or not Foles is the answer is secondary. The fact that there's a question to be answered regarding Foles is all the reason they need to keep him in there. There is no question about Vick. He's already been all he's ever going to be. There's nothing to be learned by giving him another snap. He serves no purpose whatsoever.

Comment

I agree with your first sentence completely. I will render my decision on the Cowboys game when the time comes. Next week, start Foles. Either let him develop into something, or give him enough rope to hang himself.

Comment

Hmmm. Agreed. I hope it makes for somewhat interesting football if it goes that route. Unfortunately the Defense is the elephant in the room. The QB 'controversy' is something for the media to talk about.

Comment

It just doesn't make since to make an offense perfect for Vick's strength's and then not use him. But Duck brings up an excellent point, if Vick isn't the future, then why was he named the starter?

I can only assume that Charles doesn't think that Nick is the future starter. Part of me has been fluffing Vick because I think he gives us the best chance to win, but obviously this first year has to be about evaluation.

Comment

If Vick loses the start but he is declared healthy, they should have started Nicky Flows game one.

I don't think Vick has played bad enough to lose the starting position, and I don't think Nick showed enough to take it today.

When we play the cowgals, who do you want under center?
                                Foles wasn't shabby by any means but Vick has to start if he's able to play. It's not as simple as giving Foles a shot because he looked alright. Vick won the job in the preseason and has been the triggerman for an offense moving the ball almost at will.

If Vick was out for 3 games and Foles played well in relief, it might be a different story. But you want the team feeling good about how they're playing and how the coach respects his players. Yanking Vick in favor of Foles over a good half-plus against a winless team would be a terrible idea.

-AE

Comment

Working...
                                X