I don't think drafting a QB is going to be the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think drafting a QB is going to be the answer

I'm still a believer that if they'd passed on McNabb, acquired Brunell, and drafted Ricky Williams, we'd be talking about how great the Super Bowl teams of the early 2000s were.

Got to find an Alex Smith like FF did. My vote is trying to get Sam Bradford away from the Rams. Jeff Fisher is in love with building his own team with all the draft picks he's been getting. I think if he's given enough ammo to make this team 100% his, a deal could be made.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

yes

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    I'm still a believer that if they'd passed on McNabb, acquired Brunell, and drafted Ricky Williams, we'd be talking about how great the Super Bowl teams of the early 2000s were.

Got to find an Alex Smith like FF did. My vote is trying to get Sam Bradford away from the Rams. Jeff Fisher is in love with building his own team with all the draft picks he's been getting. I think if he's given enough ammo to make this team 100% his, a deal could be made.
    Drafting a QB is too much of a crapsboot. So many first rounders turn out to be crapola.
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

the Eagles need a "Chiefs" defense to get by with an "Alex Smith".

and I'm not sure having Ricky Williams and Brunell in place of McNabb would have been good, knowing what we know about FF. Eagles kept a decent to great RB on their squad (Staley, B-West, Buckhalter as brittle as he could be) but it wasn't until now that the RB was a true threat (to be fair, McCoy is better than all of them combined).

Eagles would have had multiple SBs if FF knew what the fuck a wide receiver was before 2004. whoever signed off on the Na Brown and Pinkston drafts...

Comment

Oh boy...Brunell and Ricky Williams with multiple Super Bowls? Sam Bradford as the answer at QB? You are in rare Asante/McNabb hating Leftwich/Gruden fluffing form today good sir, welcome back!

Comment

This is a joke, right? Just asking.

Comment

Mark Brunell, huh ?

Were you the guy with the shoulder pads at the 1999 draft that they always show booing the McNabb pick ?
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Strongly disagree with all the above.

Alex Smith/Sam Bradford will never win a super bowl in today's NFL
              I'd like to win a super bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post
                Strongly disagree with all the above.

Alex Smith/Sam Bradford will never win a super bowl in today's NFL
                I'd like to win a super bowl.
                good luck...super bowl dreams come to die here.
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

You mentioned Asante. But think about where that team was in '98, think about those pieces with that defense. Would have been a slam dunk.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I've seen enough Bradford to safely say that he was drafted in the right place. I don't think the Rams offense (which I think is the offense they have to run because of shitty skill position players and an even shittier line) is the greatest for him.

Kelly would get him in a rhythm, and he's had success with Shurmur before.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

God knows that Ricky Williams' 80 playoff career yards is all that kept us from multiple Super Bowls.

Comment

your boy sam bradford will be cheap and available!

Comment

ladies and gentleman, the worst football mind on the board
                          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Blow me. You wanna draft Johnny Football?
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

In Slizz's defense, Jacksonville had that one playoff game back in 2000 or so when they hung 60+ on Miami. Brunell led that barrage, I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X