Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true? Do you remember where you were when JFK was shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was living in Tampa at the time of the shuttle explosion

I was 18 yrs old working at a grocery store and we all could see the large explosion clouds from the parking lot.

Comment

Thats a bunch of crap

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
      I was 5 - vague memory of being home after a half day of kindergarten and family talking about it
      Tell you what. Eventually the guy who is going to go down as one of the worst presidents EVAH ... even worse than George W. , is FUCKIN REAGAN. You can take that to the bank Ricky. I am telling you he started us taking the fucking wrong fork in the road and now there are no start overs. Kennedy was excellent. The only man who I think would have been better was his bro but I guess we'll never know. Reagan sucked penga de burro at least some of us who are concerned about the deficit think so. What a schmuck he was . Even his son is on board with that.

BTW Arcade Fire is a really good band, just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions. Where is your bud TGP to back up pretty much everything I said ? LYME-ADE

Comment

OUTSTANDING!

Originally posted by da guy in france View Post
        Tell you what. Eventually the guy who is going to go down as one of the worst presidents EVAH ... even worse than George W. , is FUCKIN REAGAN. You can take that to the bank Ricky. I am telling you he started us taking the fucking wrong fork in the road and now there are no start overs. Kennedy was excellent. The only man who I think would have been better was his bro but I guess we'll never know. Reagan sucked penga de burro at least some of us who are concerned about the deficit think so. What a schmuck he was . Even his son is on board with that.

BTW Arcade Fire is a really good band, just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions. Where is your bud TGP to back up pretty much everything I said ? LYME-ADE
        Forget the part about the band; that was one pure political rant and 100% spot on.

OB liked this.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

It was a joke you douchebag

Originally posted by da guy in france View Post

But since you took it seriously, mantel of worst president ever is going to fall on your beloved Obama. Has been a complete disaster from day one - zero ability to lead, zero ability to compromise, zero ability to work with others, and now as is painfully obvious from the debacle of obamacare, completely incompetent. Oh and has added more to the deficit than anyone - period. And figures you'd like Arcade Fire - a band with ZERO talent. There seems to be a theme here...
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

But since you took it seriously, mantel of worst president ever is going to fall on your beloved Obama. Has been a complete disaster from day one - zero ability to lead, zero ability to compromise, zero ability to work with others, and now as is painfully obvious from the debacle of obamacare, completely incompetent. Oh and has added more to the deficit than anyone - period. And figures you'd like Arcade Fire - a band with ZERO talent. There seems to be a theme here...
            Disagree. Obama started with a complete disaster from day one. He has not been what I hoped for but he has taken the country back from the abyss.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Huh?

Bush bailed out Wall Street and Obama left/put a different bunch of those guys in control of the economy.

They're all the same.

BTW - did you see Timmy Geithner just took a job as president of Warberg Pincus?

Back and forth ... back and forth.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

If the only thing you can point to is "taken back from the abyss"

That's weak. Bush already laid the blueprint and put the plan in motion, Obama did nothing but continue the course. Instead of devoting his presidency to his failed healthcare plan, he should have continued focus on the economy. Now we have a 3% decline in labor force participation rate (and still shrinking), and it's only going to get worse as the obamacare debacle continues. Unless he gets smart and scraps the entire thing and starts over, but of course that's not happening.

Comment

That's weak. Bush already laid the blueprint and put the plan in motion, Obama did nothing but continue the course. Instead of devoting his presidency to his failed healthcare plan, he should have continued focus on the economy. Now we have a 3% decline in labor force participation rate (and still shrinking), and it's only going to get worse as the obamacare debacle continues. Unless he gets smart and scraps the entire thing and starts over, but of course that's not happening.
                  "his failed healthcare plan" is going to take place in one form or another whether or not you like it. The insurers have bought in on the idea whether or not they agree on the specifics.

The CEO of my employer (who is a stanuch Republican) has pretty much told us this. Change in health care is inevitable. He says those who work to use the change will win and those who ignore it will lose.
                  --------

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Huh?

Bush bailed out Wall Street and Obama left/put a different bunch of those guys in control of the economy.

They're all the same.

BTW - did you see Timmy Geithner just took a job as president of Warberg Pincus?

Back and forth ... back and forth.
                    All I am is asking is to think about where the economy was in 2008.

I don't think I ever heard about the money markets freezing up before then.

That shit was bad.

P.S. I agree they are all the same. Maybe we have to look at changing the system
                    --------

Comment

Of course change is inevitable

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      "his failed healthcare plan" is going to take place in one form or another whether or not you like it. The insurers have bought in on the idea whether or not they agree on the specifics.

The CEO of my employer (who is a stanuch Republican) has pretty much told us this. Change in health care is inevitable. He says those who work to use the change will win and those who ignore it will lose.
                      Republicans had plans as well. The simple truth is this plan isn't working and never could work as sold to the American people - hence the lies. My wife works in direct patient healthcare - this has been an unmitigated disaster. People are losing their doctors/coverage and have no idea what to do.

Comment

Republicans had plans as well. The simple truth is this plan isn't working and never could work as sold to the American people - hence the lies. My wife works in direct patient healthcare - this has been an unmitigated disaster. People are losing their doctors/coverage and have no idea what to do.

I understand you are a partisan Republican.

Somehow I think you would be making a different post if we had President Romney right now.
                        --------

Comment

Republicans had plans as well..
                          What are the Republican plans?
                          --------

Comment

Please. Romney was the father of these plans

He had one for the country when he ran last year.

Comment

I find it hard to fathom

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              I understand you are a partisan Republican.

Somehow I think you would be making a different post if we had President Romney right now.
                              That a president Romney would have been so clueless and incompetent as to let his signature piece of legislation launch with so many blatantly obvious faults and inadequacies. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it

Comment

That a president Romney would have been so clueless and incompetent as to let his signature piece of legislation launch with so many blatantly obvious faults and inadequacies. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it
                                I disagree but I will give you the last word.
                                --------

Comment

Working...
                                X