Thanks To Jameis Winston, Will Ferrell's SportsCenter Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    is this a guess or you read that somewhere? i know you're a noles fan so you probably saw this on a message board or posted somewhere, right?
    http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/1...s-announcement

Searched a couple site and this is the best article I could find for you that breaks down alot of the unredacted police report. Obviously the author writes for a FSU blog so theres bias but it does give a lot of information on the police report.

What is known around campus, particularly within the greek community there is that this girl and Winston were romantically involved for quite some time before the allegations. Thats not to say that someone cannot be raped by their SO. JW had a girlfriend back home in Alabama as well and when this GF came to Tallahassee to visit for a weekend he broke tried to break things off with the girl at FSU. She felt jaded and threatened to report him for rape to the police. When he still remained distant she filed the report. The two continued seeing eachother, theres pictures and tweets on various social media outlets showing the two exchanging conversation and hanging out.

I dont think this is a case of football being bigger than the crime this is basically two kids being kids, one of those kids just happened to be the QB of the #1 NCAA football team in the country.
    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 12-05-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

You know how kids are with their pranks.

"Remember when I reported you for raping me? Hah! I got you good, you fucker!"
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        If they have evidence that he sexually assaulted her, then I say prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, but this kid just doesn't seem like the type who would do that. I'm sure that sounds very naive, but when I see and hear this kid, I just don't sense that.
        Steve McNair, Lance Armstrong, Brett Favre and OJ. They were all beloved people who just didn't seem like the type.

I'm not saying Winston is guilty but I don't buy the public face of people in the spotlight.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

"Sources tell ESPN's Shelley Smith, however, that toxicology reports show the accuser had minuscule amounts of alcohol in her system and that there was no evidence of so-called date rape drugs."

End of story. No physical violence or marks. Wasn't drugged/drunk.

Sounds like a girl who got mad she wasn't his #1?

Comment

Kid needed to learn women are like quarterbacks; when you have two of them, you have none of them.

Comment

Ah, the hate

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              I hope so. I won't be able to stand giving the Ohio State Suckeyes a chance to win the national championship.
              It smells so good.....
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

It's not so much hate as it is fans of college football, who don't have a dog in the fight, wanna see a good game.

OSU vs. FSU or any SEC team will be a boring blowout. We wanna see teams who can compete, and that ain't OSU.

Comment

It smells so good.....
                  http://deadspin.com/how-would-you-ra...ind-1477132444
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    ESPN cancels the appearance due to the press conference tomorrow in regards to the findings about Rapeist Winston
                    http://deadspin.com/how-not-to-tweet...ews-1477308489

Keep it classy, NBC Sports Radio:

--
                    Your Retarded

Comment

It's not so much hate as it is fans of college football, who don't have a dog in the fight, wanna see a good game.

OSU vs. FSU or any SEC team will be a boring blowout. We wanna see teams who can compete, and that ain't OSU.
                      Oh, it's the hate for me.

Comment

You guys keep going with this assumption

That OSU can't play with the SEC, but you forget that this isn't Jim Tressel's Ohio State team, this is Urban Meyer's Ohio State team. A coach who won two championships IN THE SEC. The Buckeyes are averaging 48 points per game. The two teams playing for the championship in the "almighty" SEC were a combined 2-14 last year.
                        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

If they're hating

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                          Oh, it's the hate for me.
                          You must be doing something right....

Comment

You must be doing something right....
                            Not exactly. I'm a MSU fan.

Comment

Every point you just made is a non-point.

Urban coached and won in the SEC. Just because the coach USED to coach there doesn't mean his current team has the horses to win there.

OSU is putting up a lot of points against a low octane conference, with slower athletes? Big deal.

Mizzou and Auburn sucked last year in the SEC? So what? They didn't suck this year and unless they changed the rules, what happened the previous season doesn't factor into the current one. If that was the case, why are we so excited about this year's Eagles team?

OSU is the best, most athletic team in the B1G. So they'd be about the 10th most athletic team in the SEC. In the NFL, every team is athletic. In college, more often than not, with the athletic gap so prevalent, the team with more athletes comes out on top. OSU vs FSU or a SEC team will be Bama/ND v2.0
                              Last edited by Sect 236; 12-05-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

That OSU can't play with the SEC, but you forget that this isn't Jim Tressel's Ohio State team, this is Urban Meyer's Ohio State team. A coach who won two championships IN THE SEC. The Buckeyes are averaging 48 points per game. The two teams playing for the championship in the "almighty" SEC were a combined 2-14 last year.
                                Look at that link I posted about who the top 5 BCS teams have played. In terms of current schedules (including upcoming championship games) here is who OSU, Auburn and Missouri have and/or will play:

Top 25 BCS: OSU has 2 on their schedule, Auburn has 5 and Missouri has 4.

Top 50 BCS: OSU has 3, Auburn has 8 and Missouri has 6.

Sub-75 BCS: OSU has 3, Auburn has 2 and Missouri has 1.

So it's great that OSU has a lot of points and have a large margin of victory, but they've done it against inferior competition.

And, in 2005, before the SEC began their run of BCS dominance/embarassment of other conferences, Urban Meyer said that the SEC has already been the best conference in the nation for the previous 19 years.

I also love how quickly OSU fans have turned on Tressel.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X