No announcement yet.

If guns = ratings, it's my turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That, or you answer questions regarding info you don't mind sharing, and don't reveal info that you want to keep private.

Comment

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
      That, or you answer questions regarding info you don't mind sharing, and don't reveal info that you want to keep private.
      You are still in the hysteria where "i own a gun" leads to invasion of privacy of any kind

Comment

Every gun should have a name to it.

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
        More than 100 million gun owners and vast majority will never have a claim. Problem will be that a large percentage of gun deaths come from people that illegally own guns - and won't have insurance either.
        I'm sure you have no problem with that. Just like pretty much every vehicle does. Your gun is un-accountable, you pay the price. Better to not own anything that can get lost.

Comment

Swipe it was. Everybody needs to be accountable

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          If that was a swipe at me for being a free market guy, then bulls eye, guilty as charged. In the end we ALL "pay" for this whether in monetary terms, or lose of rights and freedoms.

But unlike others I don't see this as strickly a "gun" problem as much as a "society" problem. I am still wanting to know what the motive was, shooter was 19 and it WAS a shotgun, so none of the "assault, high capacity clip, military grade, armor piercing shell, illegally obtained, etc shtick applies.
          No exceptions. That part I agree with the right wing on. Your gun kills somebody because you didn't secure it properly, your insurance company is going to pay the price. Even if it was only a .22 they would still pay millions for that gun owners carelessness. They'll definitely raise everybody else's rates too but such is life. Capitalist way. So far gun owners have gotten away with murder is the way I see it.

Comment

That nail gun of yours doesn't count

Comment

Good lord

No I simply wouldn't answer that question, or any other question regarding valuables or potentially dangerous possessions in my house. It's just common sense to not reveal such information to an unverified, anonymous caller, something you seem to be completely lacking. It's not paranoia - the government knows every firearm I own - I filled out all the proper paperwork for each purchase and couldn't care less.
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

i don't have any problem with that

Every one of my firearms has gone thru NJ purchase laws that identifies purchaser and type/serial number

Comment

The guy is clueless

One would think the last thing anti-gun nutz would want is for gun owners to be revealing to unverified, anonymous callers what firearms they have in their homes.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                    (Because we are paranoid lunatics)
                    You could be right, but I am NOT talking about anonymous callers, I don't even like some of the questions they asked on the Census, had NO bearing on the population count.

To go one further, they also sent out a "business census" you should have seen some of the questions on there, I wasn't going to fill it out at all, until after the deadline I got a phone call saying I would be fined for every day it was late.

What kind of BS is that? All I can say is I evidently value my privacy more than yourself or some others, I just don't think it is completely necessary that the government know how many hairs are on the crack of my ass.

One other issue, why, when I now go in for a pyhical at the doctor's office, one of the questions is "DO YOU OWN ANY GUNS"

In what part of God's green earth does that matter at the doctor's office?

No offense to anyone, just my personal views.
                    Last edited by Eagle Road; 01-27-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

50% of gun deaths are suicides

How does that work in your scenario? Insurance company sues the poor schlub's estate?

Comment

Originally posted by da guy in france View Post
                        No exceptions. That part I agree with the right wing on. Your gun kills somebody because you didn't secure it properly, your insurance company is going to pay the price. Even if it was only a .22 they would still pay millions for that gun owners carelessness. They'll definitely raise everybody else's rates too but such is life. Capitalist way. So far gun owners have gotten away with murder is the way I see it.
                        Although I see your point, if your gun killed someone, and some sort of restitution is what you are looking for, wouldn't that already be cover under a civil suite against said gun owner?

Comment

No I simply wouldn't answer that question, or any other question regarding valuables or potentially dangerous possessions in my house. It's just common sense to not reveal such information to an unverified, anonymous caller, something you seem to be completely lacking. It's not paranoia - the government knows every firearm I own - I filled out all the proper paperwork for each purchase and couldn't care less.
                          Yes, person who might secretly be a robber casing my house, I will stay on the phone with you and just not answer some questions, you crafty devil!

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                            Columbia Mall happens to be my mall of choice when I shop for gifts for my sweet Mrs. OB.

Fuck all you asshole 2nd amendment gun morons.

If we had honest politicians that actually cared abput the US, them the 2nd amendment would be repealed easilty. Talk about an anachronism, when's the last time we needed a fucking militia?

Terp, I know you live there, It sucks that this had to happen.

that is all
                            I don't live as close to the mall as I used to but it's still the primary one I go to. Fortunately, I wasn't around there when the shooting occurred and no one I know was injured.

I'm curious whether this was "mass shooting" type of violence against the community or more targeted violence against the specific victims.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Put a rider in there

How does that work in your scenario? Insurance company sues the poor schlub's estate?
                              Don't they do that for Life Insurance policies or do I watch too much TV ?

Comment

NO FREE RIDES !!!

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                                Although I see your point, if your gun killed someone, and some sort of restitution is what you are looking for, wouldn't that already be cover under a civil suite against said gun owner?
                                Pay the man with the DEEP POCKETS so gun owners can sleep tight at night!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X