Mike Emrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
    I also think Gene Heart called a better game. Sam Rosen calls a good game as well. i know he calls the Rangers but i think he's very good.

Todays Game USA VS Russia Emrick. The referee called a penalty and stops play. Emrick "A penalty called against the US." I know he's wrong straight away sine the Russians had position of the puck when the whistle was blown. "Correction its agains Russia".

I watched this live on TV when Clarke scored.

That's a tremendous moment. Can't believe slag really wants to disrespect Gene Hart for that call. Of course Don Earle was involved.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

B. Flett with the assist!

awesome memories
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
        I also think Gene Heart called a better game. Sam Rosen calls a good game as well. i know he calls the Rangers but i think he's very good.

Todays Game USA VS Russia Emrick. The referee called a penalty and stops play. Emrick "A penalty called against the US." I know he's wrong straight away sine the Russians had position of the puck when the whistle was blown. "Correction its agains Russia".

I watched this live on TV when Clarke scored.

Looking back on this clip, three things I ilke regardless of the announcer calling the game.

1) The lack of ads along the boards
        2) The organ music trying to sooth the Boston fans after the Flyers won (kind of like funeral music)
        3) Bernie Parent made it it pretty quick across the ice to celebrate with the rest of the team.
        --------

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          awesome memories
          B. Flett? Who was that mouthbreathing guy?

Hahaha
          --------

Comment

Greatest mouthbreathing moment ever:

Having said that I think the Flyers win Dolemite posted and Gene Hart's call is right up there. Gene Hart's call is better for the moment he witnessed, IMO. Al Michaels knew what was going to happen so he could prepare.

I have a special fondness for Gene Harts call of the game when the Flyers played the Soviets in 1976.
            --------

Comment

This whole argument is kind of ludicrous

Gene Hart was the voice of a team that brought the first championship to Philly in a long, long time. He was more than a good play-by-play guy. He was an icon in the city. Emerick came to Philly for a bit, but returned to that shithole in North Jersey because, quite frankly, he's one ugly motherfucker and more than likely scared away prospective advertisers with that face.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                Gene Hart was the voice of a team that brought the first championship to Philly in a long, long time. He was more than a good play-by-play guy. He was an icon in the city. Emerick came to Philly for a bit, but returned to that shithole in North Jersey because, quite frankly, he's one ugly motherfucker and more than likely scared away prospective advertisers with that face.
                You don't have to hate Emerick to love what Gene Hart did.
                --------

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  is the best play by play announcer in any sport.

Sorry ... he just is.
                  I find his voice annoying.
                  YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

But if you loved Gene Hart and still think Emrick is better you risk being called an ignorant, loser who is like a dog with a bone.
                    Last edited by slag; 02-16-2014, 08:17 AM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, Gene Hart.

You were taunting.

Comment

Don't hate Emmers. Nothing wrong with being second best
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                        X