hey riccardo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep track of everything on strava

Every bike ride and run gets recorded/timed/distance/effort/etc with a gps device. I manually input treadmill runs. I've been mostly biking - but will increase running as we get closer to this run. For the last three months, I'm only averaging 5.3 miles a week running, 70 miles a week biking.
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I've actually started riding a bike again

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
      Kidding - sounds intense. I've been doing less weight training and more aerobic - mostly biking and some running.
      Haven't been on one in about 20 years. I forgot how fun it was. Hopefully, this is just a first step to getting rid of this gut.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        Haven't been on one in about 20 years. I forgot how fun it was. Hopefully, this is just a first step to getting rid of this gut.

I wish you all the luck man, it gets harder every year to put my foot down and get started again.

Comment

One does see quite a few nicely sculpted arses when running in nice weather races.

Comment

Amen to that. Just something for one workout once every month or two. It reminds me of all the weight I was carrying prior
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Every bike ride and run gets recorded/timed/distance/effort/etc with a gps device. I manually input treadmill runs. I've been mostly biking - but will increase running as we get closer to this run. For the last three months, I'm only averaging 5.3 miles a week running, 70 miles a week biking.

But are you doing the pushups? You better not sleep on the kid.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I appreciate it, brother

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                I wish you all the luck man, it gets harder every year to put my foot down and get started again.
                Thank you.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Congrats - it's a great way to get in shape

Much less joint stress, you can take breaks while still moving (coasting) and easier to get into a consistent pattern. Only negative is it can get addicting and you in a year or two you find yourself with 3 bikes and wanting more. Good luck!

Comment

Not recently

Haven't done monkey bars in awhile either. Need a status check

Comment

I'm having a lot of fun

Much less joint stress, you can take breaks while still moving (coasting) and easier to get into a consistent pattern. Only negative is it can get addicting and you in a year or two you find yourself with 3 bikes and wanting more. Good luck!
                      Even doing some riding with the wife and kids. Good way to get in shape and get that family time in.

Comment

by the way

Sea Isle used to be a half marathon. they cut it down to 10 miles in the mid 80s.
                        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                        X