Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy that got killed was in the wrong

Stay off of the fucking track and come see Tony in the pits
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Tony Stewart is reaping what he has sown.

Most folks don't think he intentionally ran the guy down. But given his reputation people are quick to conclude he was trying to scare the kid and got too close.

There will be a settlement whether before or after a lawsuit is filed. Undoubtedly the lawyers for Stewart and NASCAR are working on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        At the same time, walking out onto the track is super reckless and not something you would expect to see if you were just gunning it to get back in the race.
        I agree. Why did this guy put himself in harms way with speeding cars flying by? Tony Stewart will get off just like Donte Stallworth.

Comment

I know nothing about that guy or NASCAR

but I would think that even if he intentionally drilled the guy, it would be very difficult, if not impossible to prove.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I think he tried to run over the victim. You and I can disagree and that's fine.

We and Tony Stewart are not dead.

I believe he ran over the guy on purpose.
            I don't think he intended to run the guy over. But I do think he was trying to spray mud on him by juicing the gas. He made a miscalculation and clipped him with the rear right wheel and the guy got caught under the wheel and ran over.

Unfortunate deliberate act with a tragic consequence. If that is the case it could be manslaughter I think. Dont know Im not a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              I think it is pretty obvious he intended to injure the guy. All of the other drivers avoided the victim easily.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. The person killed was not without fault but this is manslaughter at the very least, IMO.
              I think it's really hard to say what Stewart intended to do based on what the video shows. For all we can tell, Ward kicked at the car and just got dragged under. And with the speed it all happened, would a witness even be able to say?

If Stewart did hit the throttle, he may been thinking he was past the guy, he may have been trying to avoid him by turning right and hitting the throttle to swing the back away from him. He might not have had much time because he was coming off that turn and the guy was walking toward him.

To me, it looks like the fishtailing was caused by him hitting the guy (that is, an obstruction of that rear tire turns the front of the car toward the outside of the track). But I haven't seen the video slowed down enough to really be able to sort out the chain of events. I know witnesses said Stewart revved the engine, but that's happening so fast it's hard to know precisely how it all went down (what you hear on the video could be a car on the near side of the track, for instance).

Horribly tragic, but Ward should never have gotten out of the car, no matter how pissed he was. Unfortunately, it happens too often -- Ward may have even gotten the idea it's ok from Stewart.

-AE

Comment

I think you hit the nail on the head. The more I have read about this and asked people who are familiar with these cars, the more apparent it is to me that Stewart probably didn't even seen him until it was too late. I believe one of the guys working on the team for the car that swerved before Stewart wrote on his FB page that his driver didn't see him until the very last second and was lucky to avoid him.

That said, as you stated, Stewart's reputation has not earned him the benefit of the doubt. Any other driver, and I don't think people are even questioning intent. That's a shame, but that's life.
                Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-11-2014, 02:43 PM.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yeah NHOH (Stewart) but the other guy was an idiot

For running out in the middle of the track during a race. Seems if there was any evidence NHOH intentionally hit the idiot they would have charged by now
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                  X