Did anyway else feel a little insulted by the domestic violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Apparently, neither does the swift hand of stupidity.

Viewing women as equal and responsible members of society is "stupid?"

Comment

Go get a decaf and STFU, you have made your point.

Comment

He's not

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        You can't be serious with this dumb shit.
        Brandumm for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
          Pimps initiate violence as a way to control people they have power over. I'm saying no one should hit anyone but if you choose to, being a woman is not a shield from repercussions. I treat woman and men equally as adults.

The swift hand of equality knows no bigotry.
          So would you sleep with a man as well as a woman? If you see no difference, I don't see why you would discriminate there either.

Comment

Looks like somebody caught the "look-at-me" bug from Weizer.

Comment

If I found a man attractive, why not? I don't find men attractive and your point is idiotic.

Being heterosexual, homosexual, asexual or any kind of sexual is nor a choice. How we treat and judge people on their actions as adults is.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
                If I found a man attractive, why not? I don't find men attractive and your point is idiotic.

Being heterosexual, homosexual, asexual or any kind of sexual is nor a choice. How we treat and judge people on their actions as adults is.
                My point is that everyone treats and views sexes differently, even you, so why, when it comes to beating the shit out of someone, do you view them as the same?

There are urges (like wanting to hit a woman who hit you) that you should not act on. If you see an attractive woman, you probably get an urge to be with her, but you probably don't sexually assault her as she walks down the street (though with your stance on dom. violence, who knows?) because it is wrong. Same as if a woman hit you. You'd get the urge to hit her back, but it's wrong.

Comment

Well said,

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
                  There are urges (like wanting to hit a woman who hit you) that you should not act on. If you see an attractive woman, you probably get an urge to be with her, but you probably don't sexually assault her as she walks down the street (though with your stance on dom. violence, who knows?) because it is wrong. Same as if a woman hit you. You'd get the urge to hit her back, but it's wrong.
                  But his argument is too ridiculous to even address. Men are the real victims of domestic violence? Please.

These are the kinds of people defending Ray Rice, complaining that his wife shouldn't have instigated it and had it coming.

99.9 % of the time it is completely inexcusable to hit a woman. Wonder who raised this guy…
                  Last edited by ishimonster; 10-01-2014, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                    But his argument is too ridiculous to even address. Men are the real victims of domestic violence? Please.

These are the kinds of people defending Ray Rice, complaining that his wife shouldn't have instigated it and had it coming.

99.9 % of the time it is completely inexcusable to hit a woman. Wonder who raised this guy…

This is a strawman. I never made his argument. Domestic violence is an issue that affects both men and women but is only taken seriously when women are hit, even when they are the primary perpetrators.

As for your 99.9% comment, 99.9% of the time it is completely inexcusable to hit anyone. You have decided that women are a special class incapable of being responsible for their actions and have a free pass for assault. Yet somehow, I am the sexist monster. My mother raised me not to hit anyone and more importantly to never be anyone's punching bag, be that physically or emotionally.

Comment

Wooo, another sacrificial lamb has come along with more dumb social comments so that the board's righteous may arrive and badger him until he leaves or is banned. Yay! I wonder who is next?

Comment

I'll say this much, the part about men not being taken seriously was certainly true, at least a generation ago. I'm pretty sure that's improved now.

Personal story, my mother married a guy who was a bit older than her, this is not the first marriage for either of them. He's had a rough life marriage wise, his first wife passed away from cancer, and his second turned out to be a drunk. A violent drunk. Who would get drunk and then pound on him.

Apparently, this happened enough that he got sick of it and finally told her enough, if you do it again I'm going to hit you back. And to hear him tell it, she did and he clobbered her. And if I remember the story correctly, that was the last time it happened.

To hear him tell it, he felt like that was his only option. This was in the 70's, if he had tried to call the police to tell them his wife was beating on him, they would have laughed at him and hung up the phone, especially given that he was a military veteran who was more than capable of defending himself. They had small kids, so he wasn't going to leave. I don't agree with hitting a woman, but he at least made his point of view seem reasonable, especially given the context of the times.

Nowadays, there shouldn't be much of an excuse, not with awareness raised the way it has been.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily call being against hitting women, righteous

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                          Wooo, another sacrificial lamb has come along with more dumb social comments so that the board's righteous may arrive and badger him until he leaves or is banned. Yay! I wonder who is next?
                          More like common sense.
                          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                            More like common sense.
                            Don't be offended by my choice of words brotha, the whole process is just predictable. :D

Comment

This entire thread is stupid ... it appears to me the guy is saying that women can abuse men ... which is true.

Then the Righteous Bros are jumping in his ass because most women are physically weaker on average than men.

Two things to that ... (1) Fucking duh!!! ... (2) so what? It has nothing to do with the fact that there are situations when men are victims.

Now for a misogynistic golf joke:

Guy comes home from playing golf and walks into the kitchen and smacks his wife on the butt.

Wife sweetly says: What was that for honey?

Guy says: I'm hitting everything fat today.

Tell that one to your wife and see if you don't agree with Brandonn when she gets done whaling on your dome with a saucepan.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Haha, thanks Slag, can always count on you!

Comment

Working...
                                X