No announcement yet.

Tragedy at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knew gun nutz still demanded this kind of ratings? Also, this thread made me realize that Terp hasn't posted in a while.

Comment

I know. I was just seeing how nuclear this topic would go. Never disappoints!

There may have been a chance encounter with a mule deer outside. Gotta stay strapped at all times. It ain't all potatoes and Napoleon Dynamite in Idaho, chief.

Comment

don't do things that get the cops' attention

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
        first and foremost you were not called an idiot but seems to be the identity you want to display.

Secondly to imply idiot based on a grammatical error displays your ability to make value based judgements.

Now to the topic at hand when you have a case where an individual is choked to death by a police officer under the circumstances you explained then we will include that in the conversation. Obviously by your points you are referring to Eric Garner who did not die from a choke hold as you indicate but from multiple sources such as asthma, heart disease etc. of course truth does not matter if it does not promote your initiative. Bottom line if you don't want interaction with the police do not do things to attract their attention and if you feel you are unfairly singled out there are remedies at your disposal. I guess it's just easier to claim victim than accept personal responsibility.

Sent from iPhone and not spell checked or grammar checked as I just don't care that much because even someone of reasonable intellect can understand my point.
        like break up a fight, which is exactly what Eric Garner had just finished doing before the police decided that they wanted to fuck with him. Secondly, when you have someone in a chokehold, and I know a chokehold when I see one, and they tell you that they can't breathe, you should probably STOP choking them, especially when the person is already on the ground and subdued by your fellow officers. Lastly, I really don't care about your spelling, but if you're going to tell someone that they have an idiot bias, you probably want to make sure that you spelled everything correctly.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
          like break up a fight, which is exactly what Eric Garner had just finished doing before the police decided that they wanted to fuck with him. Secondly, when you have someone in a chokehold, and I know a chokehold when I see one, and they tell you that they can't breathe, you should probably STOP choking them, especially when the person is already on the ground and subdued by your fellow officers. Lastly, I really don't care about your spelling, but if you're going to tell someone that they have an idiot bias, you probably want to make sure that you spelled everything correctly.
          You do understand the act of saying "I can't breathe" and not breathing are mutually exclusive. You are all over with your Monday morning evaluations of situations you have never been involved in. Why when you state your case do you conveniently leave out the negative actions of Garner? If you don't say it then it isn't true? Garner could have easily submitted for a lawful arrest and then filed a complaint or fight it in court. How many people who submit for an arrest whether lawful or not end up dead due to police abuse. Don't confuse yourself with facts because they don't support the false narrative you want to portray.

So you can be advised the latest year of statistics is 2012. In 2012 there were over 670,000 police officers in the United States and less than 6,700 officers investigated for misconduct. I am of the opinion that 1 officer is too many and they should be held to a higher standard but so you understand that is less than 1 out of every 100 officers investigated for misconduct. So as you keep promoting the narrative of police you have been portraying why not also speak of the overwhelming majority who do an excellent job everyday? Do you think it would weaken your argument? You become educated when you choose to go beyond what you think to be true to finding out what really is true. So go put your hands up and yell that you can't breathe while watching news people that agree with you and I will continue to contribute to society in significant way.

You're turn! There you go I baited the hook so you can bite!
          Last edited by rdog5; 12-31-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I'm not black or anything...

But isn't the relevant comparison the number of times black people are subject to stop and frisks and jumpouts rather than the number of times police are investigated? Just thinking out loud here, but based on my friends and colleagues' stories, this happens pretty frequently to them and they say (I ask) that they would never file a complaint because it might get worse for them.
            DB

Comment

Nah, I think we're done

You do understand the act of saying "I can't breathe" and not breathing are mutually exclusive. You are all over with your Monday morning evaluations of situations you have never been involved in. Why when you state your case do you conveniently leave out the negative actions of Garner? If you don't say it then it isn't true? Garner could have easily submitted for a lawful arrest and then filed a complaint or fight it in court. How many people who submit for an arrest whether lawful or not end up dead due to police abuse. Don't confuse yourself with facts because they don't support the false narrative you want to portray.

So you can be advised the latest year of statistics is 2012. In 2012 there were over 670,000 police officers in the United States and less than 6,700 officers investigated for misconduct. I am of the opinion that 1 officer is too many and they should be held to a higher standard but so you understand that is less than 1 out of every 100 officers investigated for misconduct. So as you keep promoting the narrative of police you have been portraying why not also speak of the overwhelming majority who do an excellent job everyday? Do you think it would weaken your argument? You become educated when you choose to go beyond what you think to be true to finding out what really is true. So go put your hands up and yell that you can't breathe while watching news people that agree with you and I will continue to contribute to society in significant way.

Once you go to the "If you can talk, you can breathe" card, the conversation should pretty much stop there. For the record though, I never stated nor implied that all police officers are bad, but every arrest that the police make isn't lawful, and as Americans we have the right to resist unlawful arrest. Instead of turning their back on the mayor, the NYPD should be turning their backs on officers like Pantaleo who make it much more difficult for them to do their jobs correctly, and do nothing but build up mistrust between them and the communities they serve. It's not Obama, it's not Sharpton, it's not Holder. police departments need to tear down the blue wall and start actively policing THEMSELVES if they ever want to regain public trust. Ok, now I'm done.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Stop and Frisk will be a fair practice

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                But isn't the relevant comparison the number of times black people are subject to stop and frisks and jumpouts rather than the number of times police are investigated? Just thinking out loud here, but based on my friends and colleagues' stories, this happens pretty frequently to them and they say (I ask) that they would never file a complaint because it might get worse for them.
                When they start doing it on Park Avenue and Wall Street.

Comment

Yeah

When they start doing it on Park Avenue and Wall Street.
                  They should stop and frisk some of those bozos selling mortgage backed derivatives.
                  DB

Comment

Please stop talking about intellect and education - it's quite apparent that you do not posses either. Jesus.
                    To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Awesome! Hope it happens to more gun nutz.

Comment

Once you go to the "If you can talk, you can breathe" card, the conversation should pretty much stop there. For the record though, I never stated nor implied that all police officers are bad, but every arrest that the police make isn't lawful, and as Americans we have the right to resist unlawful arrest. Instead of turning their back on the mayor, the NYPD should be turning their backs on officers like Pantaleo who make it much more difficult for them to do their jobs correctly, and do nothing but build up mistrust between them and the communities they serve. It's not Obama, it's not Sharpton, it's not Holder. police departments need to tear down the blue wall and start actively policing THEMSELVES if they ever want to regain public trust. Ok, now I'm done.
                        You never stated that all police are bad but also never stated anything about the 664,000 officers that do their job without incident. You don't mention the over 12,000,000 encounters every year that go on without incident. You have repeatedly pointed out your observations about Garner and in other posts about Ferguson which neither should be the poster candidate for your cause.

Stating we have the right to resist unlawful arrest such as is in this case with physical force shows how little you understand about law and rights. Even more disingenuous in this case is the fact that it was a lawful arrest.

Funny how you feel Officer Panteleo is doing a disservice by performing his job. Maybe its time everybody did their job and acted as leaders, parents, role models and mentors. Thats right you want to give those a pass that represent the black community while condemning others? You have a President who stands at a podium with comments like it could have been me or to address the Garner incident but when 2 cops are murdered he issues a statement. Holder injecting himself in these investigations but when he finds no proof of a crime will not stand in front of you to say so to your face but allow simmering hatred. The Charleton who ruined a mans career with a proven lie, (Tawana Brawley), has been the center of every race related incident he can make money off of sitting next to the president to help form policy?

So what I mentioned to you is factual. It is not me judging someone in there performance of their job without any knowledge. Learn about law enforcement, see the 1,000's of cops that everyday make a difference and promote their behavior. Once you do that maybe you would see they are just like you and everybody else not racists with an agenda.

I will also point out I have sat and spoke to a friend of mine who teaches race relations at a university. He said the next generation does not see color and I have experienced that in my observations of my kids. People need to keep the racism argument alive and make it more prevalent than it really is as an excuse for failure as well as a money making venture.

Comment

google "obama racist"

You never stated that all police are bad but also never stated anything about the 664,000 officers that do their job without incident. You don't mention the over 12,000,000 encounters every year that go on without incident. You have repeatedly pointed out your observations about Garner and in other posts about Ferguson which neither should be the poster candidate for your cause.

Stating we have the right to resist unlawful arrest such as is in this case with physical force shows how little you understand about law and rights. Even more disingenuous in this case is the fact that it was a lawful arrest.

Funny how you feel Officer Panteleo is doing a disservice by performing his job. Maybe its time everybody did their job and acted as leaders, parents, role models and mentors. Thats right you want to give those a pass that represent the black community while condemning others? You have a President who stands at a podium with comments like it could have been me or to address the Garner incident but when 2 cops are murdered he issues a statement. Holder injecting himself in these investigations but when he finds no proof of a crime will not stand in front of you to say so to your face but allow simmering hatred. The Charleton who ruined a mans career with a proven lie, (Tawana Brawley), has been the center of every race related incident he can make money off of sitting next to the president to help form policy?

So what I mentioned to you is factual. It is not me judging someone in there performance of their job without any knowledge. Learn about law enforcement, see the 1,000's of cops that everyday make a difference and promote their behavior. Once you do that maybe you would see they are just like you and everybody else not racists with an agenda.

I will also point out I have sat and spoke to a friend of mine who teaches race relations at a university. He said the next generation does not see color and I have experienced that in my observations of my kids. People need to keep the racism argument alive and make it more prevalent than it really is as an excuse for failure as well as a money making venture.
                          Or go on yahoo and look at the comments under one of the articles related to the NYC thing. Who's keeping the racism "argument" alive? Only one "side"?
                          DB

Comment

Give it a rest man. Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                            X