No announcement yet.

Kelly showing no respect for Foles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last time Sanchez touched the ball against the Steelers, he threw a TD pass to Cotchery to cut the lead to 5 with 3 min to play. 6 of 6 for 54 on that drive.

Rex kicked off and the Steelers never gave the ball back to the Jets.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 01-22-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Also, I don't really care, Sanchez's and/or Eli's career trajectory have no bearing on Foles' future.

Sanchez was the 5th overall pick who played fairly well in the first two playoffs he played in. I guess I'm just surprised Jets fans were already resigned to him being a game manager after two seasons.

Comment

• Ok, I looked it up.

Maybe I flipped the drive earlier in the 4th when Sanchez could not get them in for the score early in the 4th with a first down from the fucking 2.

The Jets got a safety later.

The Jets then drove the short field to score with 3 left.

That's your crunch time guy in that game?

Ok.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

• PS - Manning had/has a big arm ... Sanchez doesn't ... could be part of the perception.

Comment

• I don't even know how we got to this. I don't even remember my point now that we've fallen into the Mark Sanchez rabbit hole. He stinks now, that's all that matters.

If Mariota makes it past the Jets pick, the Eagles would need to jump StL at 10 to get him. Here's a comparable trade to get to the Falcons pick at 8: Eagles first, Eagles second, Eagles third, Eagles seventh for Falcons first and Falcons third.

You get the higher third round pick so it becomes a second and a seventh to move up...Thoughts?

Comment

• I don't disagree with the notion that Kelly might be looking for his guy and that scenario could be cheap enough for him.

I'd stick with Foles and go defense ... but that's me.

And I think the price to move up will be higher than your scenario, so they probably will.

If they take Mariotta, I will hope Ells and I are wrong about him.

On the other thing: Being up here I just went on autopilot about Sanchez.

Bottom line on him for me (and all the Jets fans I know) is that he's always been dink and dunk and you can ask him not to lose the game, if you have a run game and a defense.

When he has no run game or no defense (or neither), and you ask him to win the game, it's a problem.

Comment

• My trade example was what StL gave Buffalo to move from 16 to 8 in 2013. It was as comparable as I could find. Most likely would cost more, what with inflation and what not.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 01-22-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Sooo, after reading all of this back and forth about when and where MM will wind up on draft day I have to ask, does anyone else think that he may drop because other teams don't run Kelly's system?

Not saying that MM might not be able to translate to another system, but since this is all he knows, and The Igg's are the only team that runs it in the pro's, is that a big question mark for other teams?

If I am a GM of another team, I think having MM without Kelly could be worst than having Kelly without MM, anybody else look at it that way?

Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                    Sooo, after reading all of this back and forth about when and where MM will wind up on draft day I have to ask, does anyone else think that he may drop because other teams don't run Kelly's system?

Not saying that MM might not be able to translate to another system, but since this is all he knows, and The Igg's are the only team that runs it in the pro's, is that a big question mark for other teams?

If I am a GM of another team, I think having MM without Kelly could be worst than having Kelly without MM, anybody else look at it that way?

Just curious.
                    if he shows that he is a quick learner then I doubt he drops out of the top ten....or even out of the top five.

if he is as smart as everyone says and he displays it...I really don't think he gets out of the top 5.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                    X