According to Over the Cap - Eagles can release Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't follow you.

I'm saying, if the Rams were going to cut him they take a cap hit on a piece of his bonus.

They take the same hit if they trade to the Eagles with the Eagles only taking the salary.

My point is that the reason the Eagles did the deal, instead of just picks for Foles, could be that they control Bradford as potentially part of a deal with Tenn or TB (assuming the truth of the report that those teams want him).

And, if that doesn't happen they just cut him and, in effect, simply traded Foles for picks and the Rams are in the same place as if they cut him.
    Last edited by slag; 03-10-2015, 06:45 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't see why the logic is so hard to follow. If Chip didn't want Bradford for some reason, he wouldn't have traded for him. He would have just traded Foles for pick compensation.

Obviously he wants Bradford for some reason. Either to keep or flip. They're not going to trade for a dude just to cut him.
      Last edited by Chupacabra; 03-10-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

The point is that, if they only traded him to flip, they don't take any financial hit if they can't move him.

They can just cut him.

Comment

The Eagles suck, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I don't follow you.

I'm saying, if the Rams were going to cut him they take a cap hit on a piece of his bonus.

They take the same hit if they trade to the Eagles with the Eagles only taking the salary.

My point is that the reason the Eagles did the deal, instead of just picks for Foles, could be that they control Bradford as potentially part of a deal with Tenn or TB (assuming the truth of the report that those teams want him).

And, if that doesn't happen they just cut him and, in effect, simply traded Foles for picks and the Rams are in the same place as if they cut him.
            I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is that until it's know what picks were swapped we don't know how much value Bradford actually has to the Eagles as a QB or trade piece. If the picks are shitty, the value is in Bradford.

I think he's a trade piece too but I suppose it's possible that Kelly wants him as a QB.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              The point is that, if they only traded him to flip, they don't take any financial hit if they can't move him.

They can just cut him.
              Rumor I just heard if Eagles gave up a 4th, Foles and a 2nd next year for Bradford and a 5th.

That suggests that they value Bradford or think someone else really does.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Now that the details are Foles a 4 and a 2015 SECOND for Bradford and a five ... nothing makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X