No announcement yet.

OT: Game of Thrones refresher plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read all the ones that were out (the first 4) when I saw a story in the news about HBO going to do the show, back before it went on the air.

He gets too fucking bogged down in detail later in the series IMO, and could have moved the story along in half the pages but I still liked them and will continue to read them when he finally gets the fuck around to finishing the next two.

One nice thing about doing what you're doing (and what I did for the first 4) was that you don't have to wait years for him to get the next one out ... at least until you finish what's out there.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Try "The Killers" on netflix

Comment

I watched the first episode of The Killing on Netflix, I'll have to check out bloodline.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
          I watched the first episode of The Killing on Netflix, I'll have to check out bloodline.
          Stick to it. It's a really good show

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
            Try "The Killers" on netflix
            edit:The Killing

Comment

The Killing on Netflix is a continuation of a show that was on cable.

You should watch the seasons that were on there before you watch the Netflix set (although they stand alone, sort of).

Comment

Been there done that ... watched it on cable and finished up on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  Thinking about doing a 5 episode refresher binge tomorrow.

Thoughts on must watch list?
                  Red wedding
                  purple wedding
                  watchers on the wall
                  Mountain and the viper
                  Tyrion trial
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    Heh, awesome. I read book 1, but I need a break.
                    Read through 3 if you continue. 3 is the best. 4 is ok and still on 5. They slog down a bit and it looks like season 5 of the show is moving past and away from them in good ways.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      I read all the ones that were out (the first 4) when I saw a story in the news about HBO going to do the show, back before it went on the air.

He gets too fucking bogged down in detail later in the series IMO, and could have moved the story along in half the pages but I still liked them and will continue to read them when he finally gets the fuck around to finishing the next two.

One nice thing about doing what you're doing (and what I did for the first 4) was that you don't have to wait years for him to get the next one out ... at least until you finish what's out there.
                      It seems pretty clear that the show is going to move on and do its own thing. I know some aSoIaF purists don't like that but I think it's good. It means eventually finishing the books may have some surprises.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Watched the mountain and the viper last night. That scene is so brutal. "Aren't you gonna atleast wear a helmet?"
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Viper shouldn't have DJaxed

Comment

It definitely sucks for the "book first movie second " crew. Lifetime member here.

Comment

Yep, celebrated before the ball crossed the goal line.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                                It definitely sucks for the "book first movie second " crew. Lifetime member here.
                                Yep. Oh well, the TV series has actually done a decent job cutting out redundant/meaningless plot lines -- the fourth and fifth books were tedious because of them.
                                To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X