No announcement yet.

OT: Game of Thrones refresher plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And why exactly is it good that HBO deviates from what Martin wrote?

EDITED TO ADD: Meaning, changing major aspects of the story they decide to show ... as opposed to streamlining it, which clearly has to be done.
    Last edited by slag; 04-12-2015, 08:25 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

This I agree with ... I do not agree with HBO actually changing the plot lines they decide to show.

Comment

That's just stupid ... what they should be doing is getting up in Martin's ass about finishing.

There is a fuckload of money involved here ... they should be able to put the screws to him.

Comment

Nerd alert!

Just kidding. Excellent list. Red wedding still one of most shocking episodes of any show I e ever seen. I haven't read the books yet.

Waiting for obligatory OB and Riccardo "shit kicker possum stew sister fucking hicks like you can't read"

Comment

PS: I really wish The Hound was still around. Was my favorite character.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              he probably is...if you don't see a body...he isn't gone.

PS..just watched Daredevil on Netflix. Really good show.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah. Lots of questions about him. And others. In the books his encounter with Brienne didn't occur that way so it may mean further changes.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  And why exactly is it good that HBO deviates from what Martin wrote?

EDITED TO ADD: Meaning, changing major aspects of the story they decide to show ... as opposed to streamlining it, which clearly has to be done.
                  Streamlining is already causing them to force plot shifts.

One example:

Arianne appears to be totally cut out of this season and replaced by others to streamline the story. I feel like that's a major plot shift based on where the story is going but I don't think it's bad necessarily (pending this season).

I'm curious if we'll see LS at any point or not on the show. I don't think it's really necessary for that character to appear based on the current story however Martin may want her back.

Anyway, as you said above, HBO should be kicking his ass to finish the books. He seems to give next to zero fucks about getting it finished quickly so I don't see it happening anytime soon, let alone before the show runs its course. If that's the case, they should take it general outline and run with it.

I don't think they should change it just for the sake of changing it but in a way they've begun with Martin's story and are beginning to tell their own.

And I don't expect Martin to go back and write his books based on major changes in the show and I wouldn't want him to. I think both stories will be able to stand alone.

Regardless, I enjoy both even if they are diverging and it's all going to come down to L + R = J anyway.
                  Last edited by TerpEagle; 04-12-2015, 11:23 AM. Reason: LS not LO. So many similar name!
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

That's just stupid ... what they should be doing is getting up in Martin's ass about finishing.

There is a fuckload of money involved here ... they should be able to put the screws to him.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

You may know this but I think they required Martin to tell him how it was going to end before they agreed to do the show, in case he didn't finish the books before the end of the series.

Personally, I'd like to see HBO do more on the Ironborn than they have.

Comment

You may know this but I think they required Martin to tell him how it was going to end before they agreed to do the show, in case he didn't finish the books before the end of the series.

Personally, I'd like to see HBO do more on the Ironborn than they have.
                        Yeah I was aware of that, that's why I don't think they're going to go complete off the rails but I think some of the changes will be fairly significant. If Arianne is missing that's pretty big - she's supposed to be a POV character in the book six. I'd like to see bad-ass Salma Hayek on screen.

As for the Ironborn, I think they are focusing on them this season. I thought I saw that Victarion is supposed to be on the show.

On a side note, I wonder if HBO is considering the idea (if Martin allows) of eventually covering the earlier history like Aegon's conquest. I suppose that could be a movie showing the Targaryens in their prime.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

That's pretty much what I did. I did the weddings and then ADHD-watched the middle of season 4. I'm skipping Mountain vs Viper. It's upsetting.

I was hoping there would be an alternate ending to the red wedding where the wedding was a happy success and they all just died of food poisoning on the 3 week trip home.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Have you watched Bloodline?

I liked it, particularly because I've been to the Florida Keys 3-4 times.

Comment

The Killing on Netflix is a continuation of a show that was on cable.

You should watch the seasons that were on there before you watch the Netflix set (although they stand alone, sort of).
                              I did not know this. Do you know where I could watch the previous ones?

Comment

Nerd alert!

Just kidding. Excellent list. Red wedding still one of most shocking episodes of any show I e ever seen. I haven't read the books yet.

Waiting for obligatory OB and Riccardo "shit kicker possum stew sister fucking hicks like you can't read"
                                I was slack-jawed for about an hour after watching that episode

Comment

Working...
                                X