No announcement yet.

Mathis released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite. See e.g. Brian Billick and Jim Fassel.

Doug Marrone could have gone back to college. He didn't and got an offensive line coach job.

Surely you are not stupid enough that you do not get my point.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      My way or the highway is fine, but if it goes wrong Chip's highway leads to Austin or Auburn or Lincoln or Gainesville or Los Angeles while the team's highway leads back to 2012 and the shitheap all over again.
      After all these years, I should be used to the plagerism. Two years late but better than never.

Comment

Pretty much every single person thinks (knows) that Kelly can go back to college in a second if this doesn't work out. It's just that you guaranteed it would happen after year one or two. You were wrong. Like you are about everything football related. You make Ref look like Nostradamus. CCMush.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Not quite. See e.g. Brian Billick and Jim Fassel.

Doug Marrone could have gone back to college. He didn't and got an offensive line coach job.

Surely you are not stupid enough that you do not get my point.
          What point? That plenty of NFL coaches get another chance in the NFL let alone college?

http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showthread.php?t=297645

Kelly has options if this fails. What a revelation. Is your point that most NFL coaches are conservative in their decision making because only a third of them can easily get another head coaching job?
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            He won't be playing next to Jason Peters in his next gig.

Also note that the OL got a lot younger this offseason. I don't think Mathis' skills are going to improve over time. Of course the same could be said for Peters.

And don't forget that Mathis missed 8 games last season.
            If you use profootball focus...I think they stink but people love them...Mathis was the highest rated guard in football in 2012 and I think the highest rated offensive lineman.

Peters didn't play at all in 2012 so playing next to Jason Peters may not be all that much of an issue for Mathis.

They'll definitely miss him over the next year and possible two years...because the guys that are going to be our guards...Gardner, Barbre or Tobin...aren't that good. A mostly dead Herremans was better than them.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Kelly has a golden parachute no NFL lifer first time head coach has.

If Philadelphia est delinda under Chip he moves to the choicest open NCAA job there is. If it happened under an NFL lifer he'd almost certainly be one and done as a head coach.

But you know this. I am the stupid one for responding to your post. I let the slag mist descend over my eyes.

Comment

Kelly has a golden parachute no NFL lifer first time head coach has.

If Philadelphia est delinda under Chip he moves to the choicest open NCAA job there is. If it happened under an NFL lifer he'd almost certainly be one and done as a head coach.

But you know this. I am the stupid one for responding to your post. I let the slag mist descend over my eyes.
                Yep. He has another great job ready for him like many NFL coaches. You know, guys like Rich Kotite and Ray Rhodes
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Life is a gamble sometimes.

Chip hasn't mortgaged the future like Mike McCormick, nor has he depleted the roster of talent. Maybe he didn't totally optimize the jettison of players, but also he hasn't been irresponsible as to destroy the future of this franchise.

I'll take the perceived problems of having a Chip Kelly as opposed to an NFL lifer, and maybe the perceived problems of pussy footing around things because of a lack of clout.

Comment

Maybe this is not all about Chip and his way of dealing with people.

I was surprised when some of the other O Linemen said rather lukewarm things about Mathis.

Someone indicated that Tra Thomas raised such questions about Mathis in a recent interview.

Chip will get away with the highly authoritarian method while he is successful. It will get old quickly if the team does not produce Ws. This is not college.

Comment

Originally posted by Joegrane View Post
                      I was surprised when some of the other O Linemen said rather lukewarm things about? This is not college.
                      I never liked Mathis as a person. I always felt he had a little Incognito in him. As for his play on the field, i think he had a remarkable season in 2011 when he was playing on the "show me" contract. Otherwise he was more bluster than bite.

He looked better than he was not just because he was lining up alongside Peters but also because he had Kelce on the other side. Those two were the studs. This guy is gonna disappear without them.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                        I never liked Mathis as a person. I always felt he had a little Incognito in him. As for his play on the field, i think he had a remarkable season in 2011 when he was playing on the "show me" contract. Otherwise he was more bluster than bite.

He looked better than he was not just because he was lining up alongside Peters but also because he had Kelce on the other side. Those two were the studs. This guy is gonna disappear without them.
                        I think his highest rated season came in 2012... When peters was out the entire season and kelce played two games.

Its okay to be upset he is gone...but saying he was a product of the other two is dumb.
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                          I think his highest rated season came in 2012.
                          What was the Eagles record that season?

Convoluted empty stats mean nothing. After he got paid he was decent but, make no mistake, Kelce and Peters have always been the stars of the Eagles' offensive line.
                          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                            What was the Eagles record that season?

Convoluted empty stats mean nothing. After he got paid he was decent but, make no mistake, Kelce and Peters have always been the stars of the Eagles' offensive line.
                            So has he... And 2011 all of them played and they were 8-8. He's a top 3 guard in the league.

It hurts them now not being on the team...but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              So has he... And 2011 all of them played and they were 8-8. He's a top 3 guard in the league.

It hurts them now not being on the team...but it is what it is.
                              Stats on a offensive guard are always going to be a bit subjective. It's not like you can can have solid numbers like touchdowns, interceptions, tackles, fumbles, receptions, interceptions, etc.

So you can spin them whichever way you wish.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                                Stats on a offensive guard are always going to be a bit subjective. It's not like you can can have solid numbers like touchdowns, interceptions, tackles, fumbles, receptions, interceptions, etc.

So you can spin them whichever way you wish.
                                Stats or no stats...he was considered a top guard in the league and still is considered a top guard in the league...stats or no stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X