It's difficult to be the contrarian, but I like the trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
    Why would Elway waste a 1st rd pick on Captain Checkdown that is waiting to get injured again?
    Because Elway knows Sanchez is nothing but an emergency quarterback, and Bradford is an infinitely better option for a team with a narrow window to win another Super Bowl.

Comment

He was only 5'8" as a freshman. Didn't sprout until college. That's why he wasn't heavily recruited.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Because Elway knows Sanchez is nothing but an emergency quarterback, and Bradford is an infinitely better option for a team with a narrow window to win another Super Bowl.
        How so ?? Sanchez have accomplished more in his career than Bumford has. Elway saw how they've won it last year with a bum performance with Forehead. Why waste a 1st and probably have to pay for Mr. Sleeves?

Comment

How so ?? Sanchez have accomplished more in his career than Bumford has. Elway saw how they've won it last year with a bum performance with Forehead. Why waste a 1st and probably have to pay for Mr. Sleeves?
          Sanchez went up directly against Bradford (coming off two knee surgeries) in camp a year ago and couldn't even make it interesting. He got blown out of the water by a guy with more rust than an 83' Trans Am at a Jersey shore junkyard. Because the rusty guy has infinitely more talent.

I'm pretty sure there's not a GM in the league who would take Sanchez over Bradford to start tomorrow. I'm pretty sure there isn't a GM in the league who would have to give it more than two seconds of thought.

Comment

Here's Andrew Brandt on the topic

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/20/e...back-situation

He says Bradford stays in 2016 because of the guarantees
            But he also says he was wrong about Philly- thought it was a smokescreen

Also - my guess is the Eagles pulled off this trade to make you all forget that Doug was porking his secretary...
            worked didn't it ?
            Last edited by PackWest; 04-20-2016, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Why would Elway waste a 1st rd pick on Captain Checkdown that is waiting to get injured again?
              because their d isn't as good (on paper) this year and they have a qb that might be as bad as peyton last year

Ravens 2001 style d...fantastic. Without that being as good...they won't survive. Bradford wasn't great...but he really was hurt by wideouts who dropped a shit ton of easy catches.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Bradford just has to manage the game not be a super hero, with most of the defense intact they could win another Sb
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                  Here's Andrew Brandt on the topic

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/20/e...back-situation

He says Bradford stays in 2016 because of the guarantees
                  But he also says he was wrong about Philly- thought it was a smokescreen

Also - my guess is the Eagles pulled off this trade to make you all forget that Doug was porking his secretary...
                  worked didn't it ?
                  Most of the analysts are saying something similar... that Lurie won't trade Sam because of that $11M signing bonus he's on the hook for. I guess the question is if Lurie would be willing to spend $11 million to recoup a high draft pick or not... because that's essentially what he would be doing. Not unlike a player + cash baseball deal.

I think Lurie would do it if the price were right.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                    Learn what? Sounds like a fantastic guy. Hard worker. Leader. Also sounds like a guy with spotty accuracy and field vision. I hope he turns out to be closer to Ben Roethlisberger than Nick Foles. I'll be rooting like hell for him but I'm very skeptical that he will be THAT good.
                    He's also apparently extremely intelligent and processed information very quickly. That can't hurt either.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He definitely has a lot going for him. Sounds like he is going to be extremely easy to root for. Good face for the franchise. Hopefully he can play.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                        c'mon the guy ended up at n. dakota, that tells you a lot about how college coaches felt about him. The best we can hope for is a Joe Flacco clone.
                        Jesus. Thank god you aren't the GM. So many hall of famers and real quality players going thru lower level schools.

Comment

Every year Bob McGinn puts out a draft preview and he solicits opinions from nfl scouts and guys in personnel across the league. He has developed an amazing list of contacts/collaborators over his decades covering the NFL
                          Very well- respected journalist along the lines of Rick Gosselin in Dallas

Today he has his QB stuff out: See below

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...376408321.html

Comment

Oh, it's happening.

Comment

Working...
                            X