RIP Muhammad Ali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Muhammad Ali

Was never a big fan of his antics in and out of the ring and dodging the draft but he was the best there ever was

He was a man who stood on his principles

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
    Was never a big fan of his antics in and out of the ring and dodging the draft but he was the best there ever was
    The true GOAT. The rhymes, the charisma, even not going to war. All of that made him the greatest. Rest in peace, champ.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Float like a butterfly,sting like a bee.

Comment

Bundini Brown, his corner man played by Jamie Fox in the movie was the guy that came up with all those sayings not Ali. His treatment of Joe Frazier was criminal and racist. Especially considering that Joe Frazier was giving Ali and his family money when he couldn't box due to the draft issue. Great boxer, not the greatest. That goes to Sugar Ray Robinson.
        Last edited by KenfromCanada; 06-04-2016, 06:50 AM.
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Edit: Deleted because I don't want his death to turn into an argument about his draft status.

Instead I'll say this:

"Don't count the days, make the days count" -Ali
          Last edited by Sect 236; 06-04-2016, 07:52 AM.

Comment

how old were you during Vietnam

Easy to say you were not a fan of Vietnam era draft dodgers when you were too young to be affected.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              Easy to say you were not a fan of Vietnam era draft dodgers when you were too young to be affected.
              You have your opinion and I have mine about people who burn their draft cards and head to Canada. I'm sure the thousands of hippies who did the same thing didn't get the benefit of of doubt like Ali did.

Comment

Yeah?

Well Ali didn't go anywhere ... he stayed in the US and got convicted of a felony and sentenced to 5 years in prison and stripped of his boxing license and title ... which the Supreme Court eventually overturned.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

His reasoning for not going to Vietnam was spot on.

Again, this is what makes him the GOAT.

http://youtu.be/MnY_FsxAChg
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

That's a matter of opinion ... but the fact that he stayed and stood up for his reasoning is not.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

George Carlin

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                      Again, this is what makes him the GOAT.

http://youtu.be/MnY_FsxAChg
                      The Army said "if you won't kill them we won't let you beat them up,"

I met him in Rochester Minnesota he was soft spoken and a real gentleman. Signed everyone's autograph. Huge man. RIP.
                      DB

Comment

Meh. The only draft dodgers worth complaining about these days are dudes like Nugent, Limbaugh and Cheney who think war is awesome except when its their turn.

Comment

Honestly,

whether it was Joe Frazier, Ernie Shavers, George Foreman, or Larry Holmes, I always found myself rooting against Ali. The more I continued to read about the man the more fond became of him. A true man of principle. Rest in Peace Champ.

Comment

And how do you feel about John Wayne?

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
                              Bundini Brown, his corner man played by Jamie Fox in the movie was the guy that came up with all those sayings not Ali. His treatment of Joe Frazier was criminal and racist. Especially considering that Joe Frazier was giving Ali and his family money when he couldn't box due to the draft issue. Great boxer, not the greatest. That goes to Sugar Ray Robinson.
                              Uneven movie overall, but man., those first thirty minutes -- the Sam Cooke/training intro, the weigh-in, the first Liston fight -- absolutely phenomenal, flawless moviemaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X